Pizza Planet removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flavious27

That's no excuse! I tried not to let my preschooler watch this, it's so bad. I actually find it anti-educational. The gang solves problems, but in ways that would never work in the real world. I don't consider that learning. Example: hey--juice has spilled on the ground, how do we clean that up? You don't--can't be done! But on the Clubhouse, you push a giant sponge through the dirt and somehow the juice is extracted from the soil. Will E. Coyote cartoons had better logic.

It isn't as bad as Agent Oso. Forrest Gump would call Oso dumb.

FigmentJedi

That is unfair, Mickey Mouse Club House is produced for Disney Junior. It is meant to be an educational show for Toddlers and Pre-school aged children.

But what dods that do for Mickey's image? Just reinforces that he's just a bland, generically happy mascot that's always child-friendly and never gets taken seriously.
Epic Mickey or the various comic-versions of Mickey have been doing a good job of keeping the old Mickey alive, but he needs something more then that to tell people "Hey, Mickey's capable of being an interesting and compelling adventurer character that doesn't need no steenking Mouseketools"

I want them to take inspiration from Toy Story! The alien soda dispensers! automatic doors! Pizza Planet how it was is just a logo mildly painted around a building. To have robots welcome me to Pizza Planet will have me coming back again and again, no matter what the quality of the Pizza

Totally agree! They could make the pizza worse quality (I think it is currently OK, about what you would expect to get at a quick pizza place in a theme park...) and I would still eat there if they had the theming up to par!!!

KingdomofDreams

:confused: Why can't we have great theming AND good food? I agree it's a theme park and you can't mass-produce food at the level WDW has to do it and maintain handmade pizza quality, but they can, and should, be expected to produce better food than they currently offer while giving guests the great atmosphere that has always been synonymous with Disney.

:confused: Why can't we have great theming AND good food? I agree it's a theme park and you can't mass-produce food at the level WDW has to do it and maintain handmade pizza quality, but they can, and should, be expected to produce better food than they currently offer while giving guests the great atmosphere that has always been synonymous with Disney.

It would be nice! Part of it is taste, too. I consider myself and family average food consumers, and while I wouldn't rave about the pizza, I thought it was pretty good. Part of it could also be expectations, too. At Pizza Planet, I am easier to please than when I go sit down at Via Napoli. So that could be part of it too!

G00fyDad

Regardless of how the food tastes (which IMO is awful at PP) I think they would have a hard time keeping the lines from being backed out the doors and around the corner if they moved PP and themed it far better. I've overheard at least one couple talk about going in and they decided against it because, in the man's words "It has nothing to do with the movie".

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Seriously? I think it's atrocious. You can get the same pizza at Pizzafari, Pinocchio Village Haus and probably several other places I can't think of right now.

BUT... what a bout in Hollywood Studios?? :shrug: I happen to love the pizzas, tho I think they're over-priced. I ate at Pizza Planet on my last trip, I loved it! :D Honestly, I think each of the parks should at least one pizza joint somewhere.

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

RSoxNo1

BUT... what a bout in Hollywood Studios?? :shrug: I happen to love the pizzas, tho I think they're over-priced. I ate at Pizza Planet on my last trip, I loved it! :D Honestly, I think each of the parks should at least one pizza joint somewhere.

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

You can get the same generic pizza in every park:
Magic Kingdom - Village Haus, Stand in Liberty Square
Epcot - Test Track area Pizza stand
Hollywood Studios - Catalina Eddie's, Pizza Planet
Animal Kingdom - Pizzafari

Also many kids menus around the parks also have Pizza.

senacm

Would love to see a refurb or a muppets diner! With yummy treats made by Ozzie or hosted by Ms Piggy!:slurp:

Slowjack

If that example came from the show then that might be trying to teach them to clean up their mess. Not to try to get liquid from dirt using a sponge. ;)
Don't try to defend it! In the context of the show, it's about which of the tools Toodles offers can be used to clean up the juice from the dirt. The correct answer is of course, none of them. The show doesn't teach good manners, it teaches problem solving, except it teaches the wrong answers. Seriously, other than counting, your child will learn nothing and will have to be untaught the mistakes.

I do admit that Oso is worse, but that's faint praise. For that matter, Blam is also worse, but that's not a full program.

G00fyDad

Don't try to defend it! In the context of the show, it's about which of the tools Toodles offers can be used to clean up the juice from the dirt. The correct answer is of course, none of them. The show doesn't teach good manners, it teaches problem solving, except it teaches the wrong answers. Seriously, other than counting, your child will learn nothing and will have to be untaught the mistakes.

I do admit that Oso is worse, but that's faint praise. For that matter, Blam is also worse, but that's not a full program.

Actually my son watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse each day when he was younger and learned quite a bit from it. And he is actually pulling in perfect grades in school. I don't seem to remember him sitting in a mud puddle trying to soak up the moisture with a sponge. Keep making accusations that a kid watching that show is stupid and you'll just reinforce the idea people already seem to have of you.
Oh, here's another angle since you want to smash the good manner theory, (which the show DOES teach btw. Try watching it for a little longer than 2 seconds. :) ) maybe it was trying to teach the child how sponges work? I admit, that is a stretch and it is far more likely that they were trying to teach the child that it is polite to clean up your mess.

I think the pizza is good. I honestly would support expanding and turning the quick service counter (which I can't remember the name of) next to Honey I shrunk the Kids into Pizza Planet and giving the Muppets there own place in the present location.

I mean that dining location is actually in Pixar Place or at least close enough that it would make sense.

G00fyDad

Remove Pizza Planet and turn the entrance. Retheme to Mos Eisley Cantina. :)

Turn Pizza Planet into the Swedish Chef's Cooking School restaurant. And turn Backlot Express into Mos Eisley Cantina. :sohappy: Make that whole section there a Star Wars area. Mos Eisley Cantina, Jedi Training Academy, Star Tours, and Tatooine Traders.

NoChesterHester

Turn Pizza Planet into the Swedish Chef's Cooking School restaurant. And turn Backlot Express into Mos Eisley Cantina. :sohappy: Make that whole section there a Star Wars area. Mos Eisley Cantina, Jedi Training Academy, Star Tours, and Tatooine Traders.

Backlot Express isn't big enough. I was hoping for a larger venue.

Melikes your thinking though!

G00fyDad

Backlot Express isn't big enough. I was hoping for a larger venue.

Melikes your thinking though!

I've only ever been inside once so I don't remember much of it. Maybe they could take it further into the back of the restaurant. What I mean is, the place already sits on the edge of the park boundary. Maybe they could add more room in the place by taking the back of the building farther out of the park. Guests wouldn't need to know that since they don't need windows.

They'd have to completely redo the whole thing anyway. :)

flavious27

Remove Pizza Planet and turn the entrance. Retheme to Mos Eisley Cantina. :)

Have a expanded area of DHS that includes a real star wars area with the cantina as the ultimate fanboy experience.

dhpansionarea2.png

openendedsky

A rumor awhile back I read on here is that possibly Pizza Planet will be moved to the current studio catering company across from the backlot. Then Pizza planet would be The Swedish Chef (from Muppets)

I would like to see the rumor be true in addition to the Monsters Inc Ride, HISTK playset become Bug's Life, and the Pearl Harbor area removed. And also an Incredibles attraction where they go on vacation. Read all of this on previous threads here. Would really expand Pixar Place but everything would tie together nicely I think.

Oh god this would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom