Pizza Planet removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinkerBell9988

My wife (who is a Muppet fanatic) said it was supposed to be themed after the restaurant that Kermit and Miss Piggy went to on their date in the first Muppet Movie. I guess I can somewhat see the connection, but I don't really buy into it.

Mama Melrose does not have a connection to the Muppets; it actually has its own backstory. Something about an Italian woman who moved to Hollywood, CA, to "feed the stars", hence all the headshots and photos of actors all over the place. I don't remember the exact story, but I have read about it online somewhere and I also read about it in a book (which I can't recall). Mama Melrose is supposedly the imaginary original owner/chef of the restaurant.

Tinkerbell 8

Every trip my husband makes us eat at Pizza Planet. He is a HUGE Toy Story fan, and every year he has to get a new Pizza Planet cup (even though the design hasn't changed in the past 4 years). I hope that if they do close it, they move it over to Pixar Place and make it look like the Pizza Planet from the movie.

hauntdmansion79

Just gotta say I hate food snobs. In regards to people saying how terrible the WDW counter service pizza is......give me a break people! At the end of the day, it's a family theme park. The majority of guests are middle class families on a budget. Disney does a great job offering higher end food for those that can't bear to eat Pizza Planet. But I also think they do a great job at offering pretty descent tasting food while keeping it affordable.

Just saying.

captainkidd

Just gotta say I hate food snobs. In regards to people saying how terrible the WDW counter service pizza is......give me a break people! At the end of the day, it's a family theme park. The majority of guests are middle class families on a budget. Disney does a great job offering higher end food for those that can't bear to eat Pizza Planet. But I also think they do a great job at offering pretty descent tasting food while keeping it affordable.

Just saying.

You've never eaten at the counter service pizza joint at Universal Studios, have you? They seem to handle pizza perfectly fine for thousands of people.

Calling anyone who says Pizza Planet's pizza is nasty a "food snob" is pushing it a bit.

hauntdmansion79

You've never eaten at the counter service pizza joint at Universal Studios, have you? They seem to handle pizza perfectly fine for thousands of people.

Calling anyone who says Pizza Planet's pizza is nasty a "food snob" is pushing it a bit.

Last March I had the pizza at Universal and it was good and more legit than Disney’s counter service pizza. What I am saying is that I really think Disney’s quick service pizza is neither here nor there, meaning it may not be great pizza, but it's not horrible pizza either. Some of you are making it sound inedible. It really is fine for affordable theme park pizza.

disneyrcks

Just saying.

Just because people aren't fans of CS pizza at Disney does not make them food snobs. We usually eat on a budget but I still dislike the pizza. That does not make me a "food snob". And if people are "food snobs" and choose to eat at higher end restaurants, so what? It is their vacation let them like and dislike what they want. Hating them is on the extreme side.

hauntdmansion79

Just because people aren't fans of CS pizza at Disney does not make them food snobs. We usually eat on a budget but I still dislike the pizza. That does not make me a "food snob". And if people are "food snobs" and choose to eat at higher end restaurants, so what? It is their vacation let them like and dislike what they want. Hating them is on the extreme side.

I totally agree. It's when people intentionally express how disgusting or low quality certain restaurants or food is in the presence of people who just said they actually like that food....I just don't love that. But forums are for opinions, so it's all good.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Last March I had the pizza at Universal and it was good and more legit than Disney’s counter service pizza. What I am saying is that I really think Disney’s quick service pizza is neither here nor there, meaning it may not be great pizza, but it's not horrible pizza either. Some of you are making it sound inedible. It really is fine for affordable theme park pizza.

No, it's pretty horrible. And saying so does not make me a "food snob." There are plenty of affordable pizza places, all across the country, that do pizza better than Disney does. Including theme parks.

hauntdmansion79

....and to get back on track......I love that Pizza Planet exists, but am totally in favor of building a more appropriately themed and accurate Pizza Planet in Pixar Place and converting the old one into a Muppets restaurant. That is 100% the best idea.

I do love that you can eat outdoors among the shade trees and umbrellas at Pizza Planet though. So if they do change Pizza Planet, I hope they keep that outdoor seating area.

UrbanDonovan

I have high hopes. Jason Seagal is pretty talented when it comes to writing and he has been strongly influenced by Jim Henson. Hopefully we will not be disappointed!

Yes, I couldn't agree more. His Dracula-puppet-musical from Forgetting Sarah Marshall, which was his own creation, was brilliant (at least the small part they showed in the movie).

Oh......and having Amy Adams costarring in the movie doesn't hurt, either. :)

ayefour corp.

I find it amazing that when it's Pizza Planet, people complain it doesn't look like the movies, then something changes and people complain.

We sure are good at complaining over here aren't we.

bork bork bork.

TomHendricks

Well, look at Mickey Mouse. Once a hysterical, lovable little cartoon character that both children and adults were entertained by. Now, reduced to being seen by children who watch the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse as a poorly animated character, with an IQ level that of a bag of sand. Yet people still love him at the parks.

That is unfair, Mickey Mouse Club House is produced for Disney Junior. It is meant to be an educational show for Toddlers and Pre-school aged children.

I find it amazing that when it's Pizza Planet, people complain it doesn't look like the movies, then something changes and people complain.

We sure are good at complaining over here aren't we.

I am confused about the "something changes, and people complain". What has changed that is being complained about? And as for complaining, I tend to try to not complain, but this just seems like it would be obvious when opening a Pizza Planet to make it look like the movie! Even just a bit, like the outside entrance!!

NX2I85

im pretty sure you can get it from the waterparks too and for some reason i like it and i cant leave a park without it!

I like it OK and can eat it, that same pizza that you can get at a hundred different places in the World. My 11yo son however is absolutely nuts about the WDW pizza.

I'd be all for it if it is converted into a Muppets themed restaurant, which fits the location. That would be a way to help Studios start piecing together a cohesive theme...

Win! That's a good idea.

Yodadudeman

I will agree with you in the fact that the pizza isn't awful. It actually can be quite delicious when you're in the mood. However, I do think that calling ANY food in Disney world "affordable" is a little bit of a stretch...

captainkidd

That is unfair, Mickey Mouse Club House is produced for Disney Junior. It is meant to be an educational show for Toddlers and Pre-school aged children.

That's my point. I know who it's aimed at. They used to make Mickey Mouse cartoons that appealed to everyone, not just pre-schoolers. They've turned the once lovable characters into annoying ones. However, Mickey is still popular as ever in the parks.

Disney hit it right with Phineas and Ferb, and you can tell they started taking a cue from Nickolodeon. They saw the success with the edgier shows like Spongebob and Jimmy Neutron, and finally created something that parents would like to watch with their kids.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

And was in response to the very popular Nick Jr. line of programming that Nickelodeon started....

Not that it has anything to do with Pizza Planet going the way of the dodo. :)

Cmdr_Crimson

Here's the concept art for the Former Muppet Studios area and as you can see that Pizza Planet was to be a Restaurant themed to The Swedish Chef..

Muppet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom