Pizza flyer scam still happening in the Orlando area

Scuttle

Seriously? What the heck are you thinking letting ANYONE slip ANYTHING underneath your guest's room's doors? That sounds really stupid.
When did I say I let them in? Lol I just don't give a damn to get someone fired over putting pizza flyers under the doors. The only way to stop them is to cut off the head of the snack at the front drive and turn the pizzas away. The owners will quickly learn they can't deliver to RPR anymore. Simple really but management it too stupid to realize it.

Mammymouse

How the heck do these pizza frauds get onto Disney hotel's property? I am DVC, AP and FL. resident and I can't even get past the Guard House at Boardwalk or Saratoga (which are my home resorts) or any other resort there to park without showing a reservation.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
How the heck do these pizza frauds get onto Disney hotel's property? I am DVC, AP and FL. resident and I can't even get past the Guard House at Boardwalk or Saratoga (which are my home resorts) or any other resort there to park without showing a reservation.
Just a guess, but they could be parking at DTD (free) and hopping on resort busses?

luv

Just tell them you're there to look around and show them your ID.

If you wanted to be quasi-stealthy, you could park at the parks and take a bus, but it isn't necessary.

Anyone can visit a Disney hotel at any time. :)

disney4life2008

Maybe I should have called the front desk and alerted them last week. It honestly startled me when I woke up because the flier was lodged literally inside my room - I almost felt violated that someone took the time to do this and im sure they did it to as many rooms as they could. Its interesting that I got in pretty late around 1am and left my room for magical express at 6am so they were wondering the floors of all star sports during twilight hours which is even more scary.

alissafalco

When I stayed at the staybridge suites in November there was a big bulletin in the room explaining this pizza scam and to not order any pizza from any flyer if slipped under the door. Low and behold we woke up to a flyer that someone had slipped under our door.

Hot Lava

I know some people do not like when an old thread gets revived, but this is very useful information. I have some family members that are unaccountably easy marks. They are smart and well-educated, but such rubes. They grew up in the same or similar circumstances to me, yet completely lack any street smarts.

So this information is really useful to have so that I can specifically inform them and try to guard against it.

71jason

When did I say I let them in? Lol I just don't give a damn to get someone fired over putting pizza flyers under the doors. The only way to stop them is to cut off the head of the snack at the front drive and turn the pizzas away. The owners will quickly learn they can't deliver to RPR anymore. Simple really but management it too stupid to realize it.

They DON"T ACTUALLY DELIVER PIZZAS!!! It's a scam. They take your credit card info, then steal your identity. You never even get the pizza, because there is no actual restaurant. They aren't flyer delivery guys, they're identity thieves, and they should go to jail (hopefully to flip on their friends).

MOXOMUMD

Anyone can say they are dining at a resort.

71jason

Anyone can say they are dining at a resort.

There are also tens of thousands of underpaid CMs. Any number of ways these guys could be getting on property (and it's not just WDW, I live in a tourist rental community, happens at my house a couple times a month).

LucyK

Twice while we were at the Holiday Inn near Universal last February we had flyers slipped under our door. I'm my line of work we're taught that unless you can verify all information contained on a document, treat it as if it were a scam and seeing just a phone number and no address quickly ringed my alarm. I'm glad I tossed those flyers away now!

PhotoDave219

All takes is a little bit of creativity to get past a security guard. I mean if "professional" women can do it, i'm sure the pizza flyer guys have no trouble.

Scuttle

They DON"T ACTUALLY DELIVER PIZZAS!!! It's a scam. They take your credit card info, then steal your identity. You never even get the pizza, because there is no actual restaurant. They aren't flyer delivery guys, they're identity thieves, and they should go to jail (hopefully to flip on their friends).
Actually no your wrong. Most of them are legit,but what do I know I only work there.

Jane Doe

I always stay in properties under the Marriott brand when in Orlando and they have channel on TV for visitors (Tourist Channel?) which for years has explained that you shouldn't buy from the flyers under the door, the reasons cited being fraud and food being prepared in less than stellar surroundings.

StarWarsGirl

It's not hard. All they have to do is make a dining reservation and they get on. Or they park at DTD and take the bus to the property. Or in the case of DVC resorts say that they are there for an Open House.

Mr. Moderate

Like others before have said, it's very easy to get into a WDW hotel and those flyers cab be concealed easily. Last October I stayed at Pop for the first time, but stayed at the Poly many times before. On my recent trip, I dined at Kona and afterwards walked around the resort to just see how things have changed. Even though I wasn't a guest there, no one bothered me or stopped me, so I could see how these scammers could walk around unnoticed for a short time.

Disney management needs to post signs in the lobby about the scam and have warnings placed in the rooms at all their resorts.

StarWarsGirl

I've seen flyers under the door several times. We usually toss them without reading them because we know: 1. Disney probably hasn't authorized it, 2. It's probably not legitimate, and 3. We never would order pizza anyway.

StarWarsGirl

Disney management needs to post signs in the lobby about the scam and have warnings placed in the rooms at all their resorts.
Management once sent a message to all of the rooms at BCV when we were there warning that it was a scam and that they don't give permission for flyers to be slipped under the door. We have seen them several times and always ignore them. I know by your phone they leave phone safety tips as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom