Pizza flyer scam still happening in the Orlando area

rt06

Suggest a NYC establishment - I will visit next trip to the city. The taste buds always have a life altering experience in NYC its just a question of what is it THIS trip.

33rd and 3rd. That's my Manhattan spot. That joint is open until 4AM. Drunken revelers nightly. It could be anything tastes delicious at that time. I don't think I've ever seen the place in the daytime. I have a personal affinity for the margherita slices. Wait for a fresh pie if you must. It's only 10 minutes. You may have to stand. Fold it, don't fork it.

Had the 1/2 pound at Chicago Pizza & Oven Grinder Co. Puh-leeze :facepalm:

Hot Lava

Ok - Having eaten pizza in most places in the US, Chicago has the best Pizza hands down, NYC is a close second.

I respectfully disagree. If you happen into the right establishment in NYC, your taste buds will have a life altering experience. Of course, I like the thin coal fired pies as opposed to Chicago's deep dish piggy fests, so it's all a matter of opinion.

As to the topic at hand, all these credit card scams have just become insane. I swear that every payday, I'm just going to start withdrawing most of the $$$ immediately and pay cash only.

This is such a personal thing, what is the best pizza. Wars could be started over this. :) Growing up I really liked deep dish. Now I really love a good slice (or pie ;)) of thin NY style pizza. Yum! I also like the places where you can get a good "traditional" Neapolitan, preferably coal fired.

In DC, people would swear by Ledo's. Meh. Not awful, but nothing special other than it is a rectangle. But people were cuckoo crazy for it.

luv

The best pizza is the pizza you like...and is not limited to big cities.

Like meatloaf and tacos, everyone makes it a little differently and everyone has their preferences.

I'm still looking for pizza I like near my house. I'll find it one day! :)

EOD K9

This is such a personal thing, what is the best pizza. Wars could be started over this. :) Growing up I really liked deep dish. Now I really love a good slice (or pie ;)) of thin NY style pizza. Yum! I also like the places where you can get a good "traditional" Neapolitan, preferably coal fired.

In DC, people would swear by Ledo's. Meh. Not awful, but nothing special other than it is a rectangle. But people were cuckoo crazy for it.
Re: DC, try Goodfellas at 4th and H NW. It is as fairly close to home (NY) pizza as I can get down here.

Scuttle

One in the middle is a scam the outer two are legit businesses just FYI.
image.jpg
correction the middle one is a real business, but it is terrible apparently. Microwave pizzas and such. Sorry when I find the scam flyer I'll post it. I forgot what the flyer looks like and thought orlando pizza and subs was it. Anyway obviously stay away from the flyers.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but one way to tell if its a scam is if there is no actual address listed on the flier. Either way though, if they are slipping fliers under your doors, they are soliciting; not exactly an upstanding business practice.
Flippers is just awful. Ate their once. Undercooked. Too much sauce
No way! Flippers is amazing, probably the best non-national pizza place in Orlando (although granted, we don't have too many choices). Maybe you had a bad pizza, but every time I've been there it's been great! I highly recommend Flippers to all of you who don't tend to venture off property.

MissM

I don't really understand how/why this hasn't stopped yet. Why don't they get arrested? Many people have said that staff or themselves has caught them.
Likely the people putting the flyers under the doors are NOT the same people who are running the scam. They probably hire dayworkers for either a flat rate or whatever to hand them out. The people handing them out don't know it's a scam, they're just looking for a quick and easy paycheck. So even if you stop the people handing out flyers, I bet they are clueless about who's behind it.

Police: "Who hired you?"

Person with flyers: "I dunno, some guy named Bob said I'd make $100 to put these in the hotel."

Cesar R M

Likely the people putting the flyers under the doors are NOT the same people who are running the scam. They probably hire dayworkers for either a flat rate or whatever to hand them out. The people handing them out don't know it's a scam, they're just looking for a quick and easy paycheck. So even if you stop the people handing out flyers, I bet they are clueless about who's behind it.

Police: "Who hired you?"

Person with flyers: "I dunno, some guy named Bob said I'd make $100 to put these in the hotel."
undercover cop time!

disney4life2008

Ok - Having eaten pizza in most places in the US, Chicago has the best Pizza hands down, NYC is a close second.

OMG you have made my day!!!! I live in Chicago and I agree our pizza is amazing. Giordanos, Italian Fiesta, pretty much everywhere, lol. I moved to NY to work for the summer and everyone always said NY has the best pizza in the country. Boy was I dissapointed - excluding the $1 pizza shops - the "real" pizza in NYC was disgusting. But being from Chicago - deep dish and Chicago thin crust is where it is

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I don't really understand how/why this hasn't stopped yet. Why don't they get arrested? Many people have said that staff or themselves has caught them.

They get trespassed and booted out and the scammer just hires another body at "Labor Ready" or whatever the day labor shops are called in Orlando, Up here the biggest chain of Day Labor sources is "Labor Ready"

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
OMG you have made my day!!!! I live in Chicago and I agree our pizza is amazing. Giordanos, Italian Fiesta, pretty much everywhere, lol. I moved to NY to work for the summer and everyone always said NY has the best pizza in the country. Boy was I dissapointed - excluding the $1 pizza shops - the "real" pizza in NYC was disgusting. But being from Chicago - deep dish and Chicago thin crust is where it is

Giordanos has a GREAT pie, I can STILL taste the one I had a couple of years ago IT WAS AMAZING!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but one way to tell if its a scam is if there is no actual address listed on the flier. Either way though, if they are slipping fliers under your doors, they are soliciting; not exactly an upstanding business practice.

No way! Flippers is amazing, probably the best non-national pizza place in Orlando (although granted, we don't have too many choices). Maybe you had a bad pizza, but every time I've been there it's been great! I highly recommend Flippers to all of you who don't tend to venture off property.

Skip the Flippers pie - GET THE FLIPPERS BREADSTICKS THEY ARE AMAZING!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom