Trip Report Pixiedust & Wanderlust - Solo Trip - August '19 *COMPLETED*

✨Hello and welcome!✨
I just came back from my first solo Disney adventure and wanted to share a little bit of my trip with you, my Disney friends.

This is only my second Trip Report, and it's still intimidating, specially when there are many great Trip Reports going on right now! I had the pleasure of meeting some of my most admired Trip Reporters on this trip, and let me tell you: All of them are as kind and fun as you would imagine! 😊

The When:
August 19 - August 27

The Where:
Pop Century Resort

The Why:
I've always wondered about Solo Trips to WDW. I've had the opportunity to visit with DH Frank 2 or 3 times a year for about 20 years now and on occasion, with other family members too.

Just about a month before my trip, Frank and I became empty nesters, our JC got his own place, and even though we are very proud of him and happy, I got nostalgic too. I guess Frank noticed, so he suggested that a visit to our favorite place, would be a good thing for me at this time. How could I say "no", right? :joyfull:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, I have to warn y'all, one of the many rookie reporter mistakes I made (and others to come), is that I wish I'd taken notes for each day, I didn't! So I'll have to rely on my pictures and my sometimes lacking memory.

This is me at The Flower and Garden Festival, last April/May.

20190511_000509.jpg

Thank you for being here!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Time for me to "Let it Go"

After some consideration, I've decided to cut this Trip Report short. I now feel like I should've listened to the voice in my head that was telling me not to start one. The truth is, I'm not feeling very motivated and all of you deserve so much better. Besides, as I said in my introduction, there are plenty of great TRs available to enjoy!

Tonight I'll be posting about a couple of events that I'd like to share with you, and very brief final thoughts.

Thank you for reading along!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

After some consideration, I've decided to cut this Trip Report short. I now feel like I should've listened to the voice in my head that was telling me not to start one. The truth is, I'm not feeling very motivated and all of you deserve so much better. Besides, as I said in my introduction, there are plenty of great TRs available to enjoy!

Tonight I'll be posting about a couple of events that I'd like to share with you, and very brief final thoughts.

Thank you for sharing all that you have!! Looking forward to hearing your final thoughts!

Rista1313

It’s all good. You did a good job, and I enjoyed reading!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
August 24

My day started at Magic Kingdom, then at around 2, I took the monorail to end my day at EPCOT. While enjoying a margarita in Mexico, I checked my phone. There was a message from @Darstarr , she wrote that she was already in the World solo, at MK and asking if we could meet for a drink at Top of the World Lounge at BLT where we could also view MK's fireworks together!

Her message made me very happy so I said, yes, I'd love to! but maybe earlier because I was beginning to feel a bit tired and planned on turning in early that night. She told me not to worry and asked if I was going to attend the Magic Meet at Coronado, could we get together then? I thought about it for a few seconds but I got a feeling that we should meet on that same day.

We agreed to meet. I continued my World Showcase stroll and at some point walked towards the entrance and hopped the monorail back to MK to get to BLT.

When I got to BLT, got another message from Dar, she was still in line for SM, I told her not to worry, I will wait for her. At that point I was all sweaty and somewhat disheveled, so I went into the restroom to try to make myself decent.

Took the elevator and stood by the entrance door waiting for her, 10mins later, there she was, all smiles. I recognized her immediately and called her name, we embraced without any hesitation. How can this be? We've never met, and yet, if felt like seeing a longtime friend!

She saw that there was a table available and we quickly took it. The laughter started as soon as we noticed (and smelled!) the remnants of some guac left by the previous party. How fitting! 😄

I felt an instant connection. You know when you meet someone and there's a click? We clicked. I felt so comfortable talking about life, family and things that I rarely share with others. I loved that we both talked so freely about many things and was pleasantly surprised at how many things we had in common.

I'm so glad we made it happen!

20190913_110214.jpg

20190903_193516.jpg

Time flew by. Then it was time for us to walk towards MK to get into our respective buses, we said our goodbyes and embraced again.

My bus was chuck full, I was standing, but forgot about having felt tired before. I was thinking about how wonderful it was to have experienced such a beautiful moment with a new friend.

At some point while on the bus, I realized I was still smiling amid the exhausted crowd. 😊

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
August 24

My day started at Magic Kingdom, then at around 2, I took the monorail to end my day at EPCOT. While enjoying a margarita in Mexico, I checked my phone. There was a message from @Darstarr , she wrote that she was already in the World solo, at MK and asking if we could meet for a drink at Top of the World Lounge at BLT where we could also view MK's fireworks together!

Her message made me very happy so I said, yes, I'd love to! but maybe earlier because I was beginning to feel a bit tired and planned on turning in early that night. She told me not to worry and asked if I was going to attend the Magic Meet at Coronado, could we get together then? I thought about it for a few seconds but I got a feeling that we should meet on that same day.

We agreed to meet. I continued my World Showcase stroll and at some point walked towards the entrance and hopped the monorail back to MK to get to BLT.

When I got to BLT, got another message from Dar, she was still in line for SM, I told her not to worry, I will wait for her. At that point I was all sweaty and somewhat disheveled, so I went into the restroom to try to make myself decent.

Took the elevator and stood by the entrance door waiting for her, 10mins later, there she was, all smiles. I recognized her immediately and called her name, we embraced without any hesitation. How can this be? We've never met, and yet, if felt like seeing a longtime friend!

She saw that there was a table available and we quickly took it. The laughter started as soon as we noticed (and smelled!) the remnants of some guac left by the previous party. How fitting! 😄

I felt an instant connection. You know when you meet someone and there's a click? We clicked. I felt so comfortable talking about life, family and things that I rarely share with others. I loved that we both talked so freely about many things and was pleasantly surprised at how many things we had in common.

I'm so glad we made it happen!

View attachment 410169

View attachment 410170

Time flew by. Then it was time for us to walk towards MK to get into our respective buses, we said our goodbyes and embraced again.

My bus was chuck full, I was standing, but forgot about having felt tired before. I was thinking about how wonderful it was to have experienced such a beautiful moment with a new friend.

At some point while on the bus, I realized I was still smiling amid the exhausted crowd. 😊
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
August 26

I was looking forward to this day even before leaving home to take this solo trip to WDW.

@Tuvalu had the excellent idea of organizing a Magic Meet on this day at Three Bridges Bar and Grill, Coronado Springs.
I have to admit that she makes me a little star struck! I mean, here's a lady I admire not only for her Disney knowledge and passion, but also for her wit and grace.

When I got her message inviting me, I was over the moon! How fast can I say "Yes!"?
I was also meeting @DisneyGigi , @Tony the Tigger , @Darstarr and @bee , are you kidding me?
Count me in!

I was leaving the World the next day and decided to visit EPCOT one last time before getting to Coronado for this reunion. So after enjoying my time at the park, I left by bus for our meeting place. I arrived about 30mins earlier so I went to check the new Gran Destino Tower Lobby. Then some coffee near the lake. I couldn't see from afar if the group was already at Three Bridges, but after a few minutes I started crossing the bridge and could see @Tuvalu 's friendly and familiar face. I was feeling a bit nervous but also very excited! Soon after our hellos and introductions, Tuvalu gave me her famous and coveted Tuvalu Card (I felt relieved she saved one for me, I was afraid she'll run out!).

I joined the group, then Tony arrived, this gathering consisted of Magicians and their spouses, who btw, are all supportive of our Disney's "issues". 😄
At that point we were still expecting @Darstarr to join us.

I cannot begin to tell you how welcoming, friendly and fun everybody at this Meet were, there were stories, jokes and lots of laughter!

20190827_090206.jpg

Cute and funny moment between Tuvalu and Tony that I had to capture:
20190913_104549.jpg

We all kept looking over the bridge to see when @Darstarr was coming, unfortunately she couldn't make it this time, instead she sent us a crazy storm!

@bee is such a lovely girl, it was a pleasure to finally meet her.

@Tony the Tigger, so friendly and fun!

@DisneyGigi ,B and I took a cig break. Great people and I very much enjoyed our brief but lovely chat.

When I came back to our table, everybody but @Tuvalu and Mr Woody remained. We chatted some more, but time is never enough when you have so much to say!

Mr Woody kindly took this picture
20190827_090545.jpg

Thank you again Tuvalu for getting all of us together.

Getting to know such an amazing group of people, is something I'll never forget. :joyfull:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
The idea of a solo trip to WDW is something that has intrigued me for a while. I admit that at first, I was a bit anxious about how this would go for me. The truth is that everybody I encountered was friendly and willing to help.

I experienced many funny and endearing moments during this trip, like me getting this cutie on one of my MK visits:

20190913_110827.jpg

As you can see, this was knitted by someone who took the time to do something special and bring a smile on somebody's face. It worked for me. I'm not on social media so I'm posting it here. Feel free to share it if you choose to do so.

I'm very happy to report that this trip went very well for me. I had fun, but most importantly, many good memories and new friends were made. I never felt completely alone, my loved ones' support and encouragement were always with me. And for that, I'm grateful.

Thank you for reading along, I really appreciate you taking the time to join me.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
August 26

I was looking forward to this day even before leaving home to take this solo trip to WDW.

@Tuvalu had the excellent idea of organizing a Magic Meet on this day at Three Bridges Bar and Grill, Coronado Springs.
I have to admit that she makes me a little star struck! I mean, here's a lady I admire not only for her Disney knowledge and passion, but also for her wit and grace.

When I got her message inviting me, I was over the moon! How fast can I say "Yes!"?
I was also meeting @DisneyGigi , @Tony the Tigger , @Darstarr and @bee , are you kidding me?
Count me in!

I was leaving the World the next day and decided to visit EPCOT one last time before getting to Coronado for this reunion. So after enjoying my time at the park, I left by bus for our meeting place. I arrived about 30mins earlier so I went to check the new Gran Destino Tower Lobby. Then some coffee near the lake. I couldn't see from afar if the group was already at Three Bridges, but after a few minutes I started crossing the bridge and could see @Tuvalu 's friendly and familiar face. I was feeling a bit nervous but also very excited! Soon after our hellos and introductions, Tuvalu gave me her famous and coveted Tuvalu Card (I felt relieved she saved one for me, I was afraid she'll run out!).

I joined the group, then Tony arrived, this gathering consisted of Magicians and their spouses, who btw, are all supportive of our Disney's "issues". 😄
At that point we were still expecting @Darstarr to join us.

I cannot begin to tell you how welcoming, friendly and fun everybody at this Meet were, there were stories, jokes and lots of laughter!

View attachment 410183

Cute and funny moment between Tuvalu and Tony that I had to capture:
View attachment 410184

We all kept looking over the bridge to see when @Darstarr was coming, unfortunately she couldn't make it this time, instead she sent us a crazy storm!

@bee is such a lovely girl, it was a pleasure to finally meet her.

@Tony the Tigger, so friendly and fun!

@DisneyGigi ,B and I took a cig break. Great people and I very much enjoyed our brief but lovely chat.

When I came back to our table, everybody but @Tuvalu and Mr Woody remained. We chatted some more, but time is never enough when you have so much to say!

Mr Woody kindly took this picture
View attachment 410190

Thank you again Tuvalu for getting all of us together.

Getting to know such an amazing group of people, is something I'll never forget. :joyfull:
Sorry I couldnt make it. I tried to keep the rain in MK for you all.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you for sharing all that you have!! Looking forward to hearing your final thoughts!
Thank You for reading along!
It’s all good. You did a good job, and I enjoyed reading!
Thanks, and enjoy your upcoming trip!
Thanks so much for sharing part of your trip! I really enjoyed it all - especially Galaxy's Edge through the eyes of a SW's fan!
Thank you. I enjoyed it, can't wait to go back!
Sorry for me that you’re going to cut this short (but I so get it - I don’t know how you TRers find the time to write us these wonderful reports!). Happy for you that you trust us enough to be honest 😃.
Thank you for reading along and for your understanding 🙂
Wonderful TR, thank you for sharing, helped my Saturday at work go by quicker
Glad to hear that! Thank you for your kind words.
Thanks for the TR. You really did do an excellent job. Thanks especially for the SWGE review. It was nice to finally see what a fan thought.
Thanks! Can't wait for Frank to visit GE, now there's a fan! 😄
Great TR!! I really enjoyed it!! :)
I'm glad you liked it, it means a lot coming from such an experienced TReporter like yourself.
I really enjoyed your TR! Thank you for sharing your fun experiences at WDW with all of us. :happy:
Thank you Minnie, you're sweet as always!
Until we meet again sweet Nunu......great report! ❤
I loved meeting you, here's hoping for our paths to cross again 😊
Loved getting to meet you Nunu!
Same here and you know it!
❤ wonderful report and so jealous that you got to meet so many Magicians!
Thank you. I still can't believe I got to meet them. Fun!
Sorry I couldnt make it. I tried to keep the rain in MK for you all.
I know, you were missed.

Also about that rain, you need to try harder next time! 😄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom