• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report Pixiedust & Wanderlust - Solo Trip - August '19 *COMPLETED*

NunuBelle

Original Poster
By then it was about 6pm.
I "peeled off" my jeans and got into shorts. I guess I was too excited to remember to eat something besides just a hot-dog! But weirdly enough, I wasn't that hungry.

I had a plan: Disney Springs. Two reasons:
1. I remembered many raving about Tevas sandals on @Tuvalu 's current TR, so I'd look for those or something similar.
2. A glass of wine at Wine Bar George.

Took the bus and got there in no time. Since it was Monday, it wasn't too crowded and I enjoyed the atmosphere.
The only bad news: no Tevas or anything similar. Looked at Columbia, Fit2Run, Uniqlo, etc. Nope, no walking sandals, and my poor feet will pay the price later on this trip! 😣

krisri18

Advertisement
I'm Here! What Next?

As soon as I entered my room, I did as I always do, with the door still open, check that nobody's hiding in the bathroom or under the bed! 🕵️‍♀️ Don't laugh at me, remember I'm there by myself! 😄
After making sure that everything (tv, lights, running water) was in working order, I took a selfie:
View attachment 406590
I check the room too! But for bedbugs 🤢

Minnesota disney fan

I believe I have read your senior articles on that site. You are a natural and I encourage you to write more here!! :happy:
Thanks so much! I have no writing training, but thought that was an area overlooked by most Disney sites. There are a lot of us "seniors" out there who love Disney and go often as we can! I will try to write a TR one day....

NunuBelle

Original Poster
After my failed hunt for comfortable sandals, I got myself a much needed Cold Brew at Starbucks, found a bench and people watched for a few minutes. Afterwards, I visited a few of my favorites stores. I was tempted to get new Minnie Ears and many other things, but I managed to restrain myself somehow!

I was getting tired, after all, I'd been awake since 2:30am. I really wanted to have a glass of wine, so I walked towards Wine Bar George and got a nice tall table on the second floor.

20190507_202551.jpg

20190819_195034.jpg

We like this place, the wine list is extensive and there's something for every taste. The service is great too.

I knew what I wanted and ordered a glass of La Perlina. This would be the third time I'd order this sweet(ish) and refreshing Moscatto. I also wanted a Burrata. Frank and I shared one the first time we visited, and I liked it a lot. I took my chance to enjoy one, without having to share, hehe! 😋

20190820_094911.jpg

This mozzarella is the freshest I've ever had at WDW, so good!

Last edited:

NunuBelle

Original Poster
...oh, and the olive oil on it, was superb too.

It felt different being there all by myself, I wasn't sad, but I thought about Frank and remembered how he told me to enjoy myself. I definitely did! 😊

It was time to call it a day, get back to Pop and rest. As soon as I opened the door to my room, I was pleasantly surprised to find this on the dresser:

20190906_111431.jpg

The envelope and card had my name on it, it was a note welcoming me back, the little bag had 4 chocolates inside. What a nice touch, thank you Pop!

NunuBelle

Original Poster
I felt sleepy but wanted to take a shower, actually, I ended up showering twice every day of my trip. Once in the morning and once before bed, it was so hot!

Took the shower, put on my jammies and was about to brush my teeth... oh, oh...
where's my toothbrush?! Back at home, of course! So there I was, having to change again and hoping that the shop was still open, looked at my phone: 11:48pm, it closes at 12:00! Ended up having to buy a too-hard, too-small and overpriced Disney toothbrush!

I was beat. But I needed to rest, I needed to be ready for a very special next day...

In a Galaxy far, far Away...!

Last edited:

NunuBelle

Original Poster
Day 2

Since Disney eliminated room clocks from nightstands, I make sure to always bring a small alarm clock with me. I didn't set an alarm, I wanted to sleep in. Actually we rarely make plans or book FPs for anytime before noon! 😁

My mattress "acted out" a couple of times in the middle of the night. It felt uneven and lumpy, also heard a couple of boings! every time I moved. Hmmm...
As soon as I woke up, I wanted to see what was wrong, the first thing I noticed was that the mattress was worn out and that there were about 8 metal clamp-like small devices underneath 🤔.
I later learned, that these are called mattress raisers, and are used to prolong the useful life of "less than new" beds!
I considered exchanging mattresses with the murphy bed, but couldn't do it by myself, so called mousekeeping and explained the situation. They told me not to worry, they'll take care of it later on that day.

I woke up starving! I'm a "just coffee in the morning" kinda gal but as soon as I got into the dining hall, I ordered the biggest breakfast available and sat among the chaos, I didn't mind, though, it was quite entertaining, haha!

MinnieM123

My mattress "acted out" a couple of times in the middle of the night. It felt uneven and lumpy, also heard a couple of boings! every time I moved. Hmmm...
As soon as I woke up, I wanted to see what was wrong, the first thing I noticed was that the mattress was worn out and that there were about 8 metal clamp-like small devices underneath 🤔.
I later learned, that these are called mattress raisers, and are used to prolong the useful life of "less than new" beds!
Now, that's bizarre!! :jawdrop: Good grief, when the mattress is worn, they should replace it. Period.

Top Bottom