Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I must have missed that nonsense... I don't follow resort rumors all that closely. When was that a rumor? And more importantly, why?

I don't it ever was...but when the idea of "moderate dvc" was leaked out (still
Absurd if you ask me...)...in other places people took this ridiculous idea and sold it as fact.
You know? Boats at Epcot built In 1990...must mean they'd do it in a locked off property across infrastucture that would cost a metric ton of gold 30 years later...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
For 6 seconds until it was recognized As being completely absurd?

...I have no doubts 🤓
I assumed you knew your stuff! Let’s do coffee. We can go through the canal plans. And the cost ratio between that and the gondolas, which is why the gondolas won. They both took a lot lot longer to create than six seconds.

Last edited:

smile

I assumed you knew your stuff! Let’s do coffee. We can go through the canal plans. And the cost ratio between that and the gondolas, which is why the gondolas won. They both took a lot lot longer to create than six seconds.

think he's more referencing the brass and bean counters later day general aversion to such grandiose endeavors, more than it's legitimacy as a worthwhile design in itself - as if to say the plans rejection for cheaper alternatives was obvious from the jump... would you say that's not somewhat valid?

regardless - watch out, @Sirwalterraleigh...
i've seen it before, martin's coffee invitations can have 'getting a kiss on the cheek from an old mafia boss' type connotations
:p

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
think he's more referencing the brass and bean counters later day general aversion to such grandiose endeavors, more than it's legitimacy as a worthwhile design in itself - as if to say the plans rejection for cheaper alternatives was obvious from the jump... would you say that's not somewhat valid?

regardless - watch out, @Sirwalterraleigh...
i've seen it before, martin's coffee invitations can have 'getting a kiss on the cheek from an old mafia boss' type connotations
:p
Lol not at all. I’ll meet anyone at Fountainview later this year for a caffeine hit!

But we realllly are getting way off topic now. Even for this site!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

There's a point...way off in the distance...where the sky meets the ground. But they are indistinguishable.

...my money is right at that point is where they build the Caribbean canal...

How hard could it be?🙃

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There's a point...way off in the distance...where the sky meets the ground. But they are indistinguishable.

...my money is right at that point is where they build the Caribbean canal...

How hard could it be?🙃
All I said was it was a serious proposal. More than blue sky. Funding would be for it or for the gondolas - and the latter won.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
All I said was it was a serious proposal. More than blue sky. Funding would be for it or for the gondolas - and the latter won.

Did that proposal make any sense? Dredging and logistics?
Impact to buena vista drive?

My favorite part was the insistence that they would basically go straight through the back loop and basically build a new gate (cause they're big on staffing little used gates) somewhere near the pyro barn...that's classic.

The gondolas were a shock to me...but logistically and longterm it makes sense. A channel to Caribbean doesn't.

I believe you that they worked on it...but that still doesn't mean it made any sense.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Considering most of the waterways on property are man made this 1800ft cut would have been child’s play. As would the four low level bridges needed.

I never said though that it made sense.

Now.. back to Mexico ?
Right...but weren't waterways done during initial construction? Like 100% of the time?

Anyway...the "channel" didn't also address connecting a 6000 room block to MGM so they could double the rates...

But anyway...when's Rio gonna be moved to the Brazil pavilion so we can get our new coco ride??😎

MaximumEd

This guy has been around longer than 4 months. I say that as someone who has poked around the more Disneyish parts of the web for years but never posted until fairly recently. I recognize posting styles and a few well played hints. Now, bring on that Coco overlay, assuming logic dictates it.

smile

But anyway...when's Rio gonna be moved to the Brazil pavilion so we can get our new coco ride??😎

looks like somebody's outta the loop; clearing started over a month ago...
due in time for epcot's 40th in '22, and perfectly slotted for the slow summer season along with the debut of mickey's super hot but happy summer shindig (mshbhss)

should be a great summer
:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom