• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

mikejs78

Premium Member
Excellent point.

To expand...you know what rumor I would believe if it popped up?

A Moana attraction. That has shown considerable merch legs...it has a bigger section in the toy isles two years later than frozen or the other properties do...and I live in NJ...where we’re known to be just a “tad” Disney crazed and spend a “tad” of money like it’s our jobs.
I'm really surprised there isn't a Moana attraction. I agree with you here - one anecdotal point is that this Halloween I saw a bunch of Moana costumes - and only one or two Frozen costumes. Moana didn't do as well at the box office as Frozen, but I think it has more staying power.

Sirwalterraleigh

Advertisement
I'm really surprised there isn't a Moana attraction. I agree with you here - one anecdotal point is that this Halloween I saw a bunch of Moana costumes - and only one or two Frozen costumes. Moana didn't do as well at the box office as Frozen, but I think it has more staying power.
I think it’s the first disney movie that resonated on the “browning” of demographics in the US and Western Europe that is documented and will continue.

They didn’t manage it with princess and the frog...they got it this time. Assist to Lin Manuel Miranda.

disneylandmagic

The 3 Cabaalleros ride is not so attractive. This attraction needs some updates. Not necessary a "Coco Ride" but some improvements with a Coco overlay could be great. This is the best Disney Pixar of all times in Mexico and it pays tribute to a very important part of the Mexican culture. Nothing more logical... I keep thinking that something will happen with Coco and the Gran Fiesta Tour attraction. Epcot needs more popular IPs especially the World Showcase just like they did with Frozen and the future Ratatouille ride. So i think Mary Poppins or Coco are logical there.

JustInTime

That makes...no sense. If attractions are all about the gift shop, yet the gift shop was cut... 🤔
The location was cut and moved. They just shoehorned it elsewhere and cast members direct people there. Listen, Disney doesn’t often make a lot of sense these days. Like the outdoor TSL meet and greets. They are pathetic and cause major clusters throughout the land and the actors are incredibly exposed to the heat.

But anyway, it’s true. It’s all about the money. They care about money so much that they didn’t want to spend money to make money. It was cost efficient to just cram it into an existing space that’s not even in the land. If that doesn’t show the importance of the bottom line, nothing does.

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
The location was cut and moved. They just shoehorned it elsewhere and cast members direct people there. Listen, Disney doesn’t often make a lot of sense these days. Like the outdoor TSL meet and greets. They are pathetic and cause major clusters throughout the land and the actors are incredibly exposed to the heat.

But anyway, it’s true. It’s all about the money. They care about money so much that they didn’t want to spend money to make money. It was cost efficient to just cram it into an existing space that’s not even in the land. If that doesn’t show the importance of the bottom line, nothing does.
So all new attractions must have a gift shop because it's all about the money, but the TSL attractions don't have a gift shop because it's all about money. Got it. :banghead:

Kman101

They stagnated for a long time...normal attendance rose 20% or more since that embargo went into effect...

My guess is there internal data was convincing enough to tell them they can’t have it both ways any longer (that is near 100% likely)

The ceo is desperate to retire and needs stock bumps anyway he can get them

The decline in revenue from tv has to be compensated by parks and they can’t do that without some seed cash...

Take your pick?

And to add: great movie ride was an operational cost guzzler since day one. It’s the king of “101” if memory serves (along with American adventure and test track)...and Mickey still is swag selling king.

Low risk for high yield.

Tron and Rat are proven, high popularity clones...comparatively reasonable investment. Just like cloning soarin’...more assurance of ancillary success.
What's interesting is they take some risks everywhere but the US parks ... (obviously Paris is a mixed stagnated bag, HK and Tokyo have different factors involved and Shanghai had to wow so I guess they may not take as many, but it still feels a lot like local management; I'm just curious who decides who gets what and where and why ... I'm so curious about the process but no one really explains it.

Sirwalterraleigh

What's interesting is they take some risks everywhere but the US parks ... (obviously Paris is a mixed stagnated bag, HK and Tokyo have different factors involved and Shanghai had to wow so I guess they may not take as many, but it still feels a lot like local management; I'm just curious who decides who gets what and where and why ... I'm so curious about the process but no one really explains it.
Because they don’t own/run those parks...

You’re joking right?

Sirwalterraleigh

The 3 Cabaalleros ride is not so attractive. This attraction needs some updates. Not necessary a "Coco Ride" but some improvements with a Coco overlay could be great. This is the best Disney Pixar of all times in Mexico and it pays tribute to a very important part of the Mexican culture. Nothing more logical... I keep thinking that something will happen with Coco and the Gran Fiesta Tour attraction. Epcot needs more popular IPs especially the World Showcase just like they did with Frozen and the future Ratatouille ride. So i think Mary Poppins or Coco are logical there.
That ride was updated less than 10 years ago...

I don’t understand why people are obtuse to that...and why it would be low priority on the list.

Imagination NEEDS it...like 10 years ago. Priorities.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Gift shops at the ride finale are so yesterday. Apparently.
Funny how a place...which made nearly all its walk away profit from the giftshops...no longer wants them?

Funny also after they streamlined the hell out of mechandise years ago...and hawk what’s left off an app?

Funny also how the price of everything goes up exponential now as the giftshops recede?

Last edited:

Bocabear

If they continue to remove the gift shops, they can create one big gift shop with a separate upcharge admission where you can pay for the privelage to shop... Disney's SHopping Adventure tm Select evenings at the Magic Kingdom! $34.95 Adults, $17.95 Children

mgf

Fall protection so maintenance can work on show elements and infrastructure while following new safety guidelines.

You may remember the figures playing the xylophone in that room were not functioning for well over a year. This was the result of there being no way to work on the figures following updated safety guidelines. This hoist has corrected that challenge and the figures are now working properly.

This is all part of a much larger project that has seen changes all across the property and in California. Most noticeable along rooftops.
Thanks! In the moment it looked more substantial than would be needed to hold the weight of a person(s), which had me wondering what they would possibly need to lift from that side of the room.

jensenrick

This is just a blue sky idea. I was watching the BluRay extras to Coco the other day, and one of the features was about how much research they had put into the music of the country of Mexico, and all the different varieties of music from the different regions- from back when the story of Coco was different than when it came out.

So my idea- a simple (and yet potentially VERY entertaining) overlay of the ride, where each section of the ride is playing a different style of Mexican music, like banda or jarocho, with a different character. Miguel does "Poco Loco", Imelda sings "La Llorona" (such a beautiful haunting melody), the contest winners in purple do their banda song , perhaps with a short intro by Miguel. The finale would be the staircase scene that Ernesto did of "Remember Me" (but without Ernesto).

This way- you are incorporating the characters and the flavor of the movie BUT you are also being true to Epcot, by introducing people to the actual musical Culture of Mexico!! And it's all about music, so it's entertaining, and has repeat ability!

(as opposed to lame jokes about Donald Duck, just saying)
It's a win-win!
(Just in case anyone who makes these decisions might be looking)

jt04

This is just a blue sky idea. I was watching the BluRay extras to Coco the other day, and one of the features was about how much research they had put into the music of the country of Mexico, and all the different varieties of music from the different regions- from back when the story of Coco was different than when it came out.

So my idea- a simple (and yet potentially VERY entertaining) overlay of the ride, where each section of the ride is playing a different style of Mexican music, like banda or jarocho, with a different character. Miguel does "Poco Loco", Imelda sings "La Llorona" (such a beautiful haunting melody), the contest winners in purple do their banda song , perhaps with a short intro by Miguel. The finale would be the staircase scene that Ernesto did of "Remember Me" (but without Ernesto).

This way- you are incorporating the characters and the flavor of the movie BUT you are also being true to Epcot, by introducing people to the actual musical Culture of Mexico!! And it's all about music, so it's entertaining, and has repeat ability!

(as opposed to lame jokes about Donald Duck, just saying)
It's a win-win!
(Just in case anyone who makes these decisions might be looking)
Nice! Coincidentally I added a new WS Imagineering thread as you were posting this. Could you add this there?

Top Bottom