Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The 3 Cabaalleros ride is not so attractive. This attraction needs some updates. Not necessary a "Coco Ride" but some improvements with a Coco overlay could be great. This is the best Disney Pixar of all times in Mexico and it pays tribute to a very important part of the Mexican culture. Nothing more logical... I keep thinking that something will happen with Coco and the Gran Fiesta Tour attraction. Epcot needs more popular IPs especially the World Showcase just like they did with Frozen and the future Ratatouille ride. So i think Mary Poppins or Coco are logical there.

That ride was updated less than 10 years ago...

I don’t understand why people are obtuse to that...and why it would be low priority on the list.

Imagination NEEDS it...like 10 years ago. Priorities.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Gift shops at the ride finale are so yesterday. Apparently.

Funny how a place...which made nearly all its walk away profit from the giftshops...no longer wants them?

Funny also after they streamlined the hell out of mechandise years ago...and hawk what’s left off an app?

Funny also how the price of everything goes up exponential now as the giftshops recede?

Last edited:

Bocabear

If they continue to remove the gift shops, they can create one big gift shop with a separate upcharge admission where you can pay for the privelage to shop... Disney's SHopping Adventure tm Select evenings at the Magic Kingdom! $34.95 Adults, $17.95 Children

Missing20K

Are... Are people complaining that you're not dropped into a gift shop at the end of an attraction?

That's something that's been the butt of jokes for the longest time.
_99771557_banksy1.jpg

mgf

Fall protection so maintenance can work on show elements and infrastructure while following new safety guidelines.

You may remember the figures playing the xylophone in that room were not functioning for well over a year. This was the result of there being no way to work on the figures following updated safety guidelines. This hoist has corrected that challenge and the figures are now working properly.

This is all part of a much larger project that has seen changes all across the property and in California. Most noticeable along rooftops.

Thanks! In the moment it looked more substantial than would be needed to hold the weight of a person(s), which had me wondering what they would possibly need to lift from that side of the room.

jensenrick

This is just a blue sky idea. I was watching the BluRay extras to Coco the other day, and one of the features was about how much research they had put into the music of the country of Mexico, and all the different varieties of music from the different regions- from back when the story of Coco was different than when it came out.

So my idea- a simple (and yet potentially VERY entertaining) overlay of the ride, where each section of the ride is playing a different style of Mexican music, like banda or jarocho, with a different character. Miguel does "Poco Loco", Imelda sings "La Llorona" (such a beautiful haunting melody), the contest winners in purple do their banda song , perhaps with a short intro by Miguel. The finale would be the staircase scene that Ernesto did of "Remember Me" (but without Ernesto).

This way- you are incorporating the characters and the flavor of the movie BUT you are also being true to Epcot, by introducing people to the actual musical Culture of Mexico!! And it's all about music, so it's entertaining, and has repeat ability!

(as opposed to lame jokes about Donald Duck, just saying)
It's a win-win!
(Just in case anyone who makes these decisions might be looking)

jt04

This is just a blue sky idea. I was watching the BluRay extras to Coco the other day, and one of the features was about how much research they had put into the music of the country of Mexico, and all the different varieties of music from the different regions- from back when the story of Coco was different than when it came out.

So my idea- a simple (and yet potentially VERY entertaining) overlay of the ride, where each section of the ride is playing a different style of Mexican music, like banda or jarocho, with a different character. Miguel does "Poco Loco", Imelda sings "La Llorona" (such a beautiful haunting melody), the contest winners in purple do their banda song , perhaps with a short intro by Miguel. The finale would be the staircase scene that Ernesto did of "Remember Me" (but without Ernesto).

This way- you are incorporating the characters and the flavor of the movie BUT you are also being true to Epcot, by introducing people to the actual musical Culture of Mexico!! And it's all about music, so it's entertaining, and has repeat ability!

(as opposed to lame jokes about Donald Duck, just saying)
It's a win-win!
(Just in case anyone who makes these decisions might be looking)

Nice! Coincidentally I added a new WS Imagineering thread as you were posting this. Could you add this there?

Kman

I lost track of this thread but wanted to say that we watched Coco for the first time over the holidays and I was blown away. It was such a beautiful film in many ways from the animation to the story line to the music and characters etc. I loved it and I see now how this could be such an amazing overlay in the Mexico pavillion without compromising the original intent of the WS too much. I don't cry often in movies but I had some tears at the end when Miguel sings to Coco...that was super touching! That was the best Disney movie I have seen in a long time and maybe ever.

jensenrick

I lost track of this thread but wanted to say that we watched Coco for the first time over the holidays and I was blown away. It was such a beautiful film in many ways from the animation to the story line to the music and characters etc. I loved it and I see now how this could be such an amazing overlay in the Mexico pavillion without compromising the original intent of the WS too much. I don't cry often in movies but I had some tears at the end when Miguel sings to Coco...that was super touching! That was the best Disney movie I have seen in a long time and maybe ever.

My thoughts exactly. Except I cried more than once.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom