News Pixar Place will transform into a Metroville city block at Disney's Hollywood Studios

mm52200

Do we have any idea of the approximate budget for this project? That would give us a better idea of whether it will be a very basic overlay or involve somewhat more real theming.

It would be nice if they gave this project a large enough budget for some actual construction for place-making, as with the creation of "Grand Park." So, to put it another way, can we expect a "Grand Park" or an "Incredible Tomorrowland Expo"?
I would expect Incredible Tomorrowland Expo, hopefully a little nicer though.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The way I interpreted this was that it was less about (directly) creating more exit flow from SW:GE and more about avoiding creating a log jam in TSL.***

As @peter11435 said, the potential plan is that "upon opening" (which I take to mean the initial N months when SW:GE is at capacity and entrance is controlled and limited to only the Grand Avenue entrance) the TSL entrance will be exit-only. During this time, only some of the people exiting via the TSL exit actually want to visit TSL. For the rest of the people, it's better for Disney to use the Metroville exit to shunt people back to the "hub" instead of flowing them all through TSL. And in the worst case, TSL itself will be capacity-controlled and so you may not want *anyone* from SW:GE to exit into TSL.*

* However, in this case someone is going to have an aneurism because they are going to be forced to stand in two hours long lines to enter different sections of DHS - SW:GE and TSL. **

** Presumably this won't happen because, as everyone knows, TSL was a complete failure. /s

*** Note that if you create a log jam in TSL, you *will* impede exit flow from SW:GE.
I got what he was saying, but here’s what I don’t get. Pixar Place is relatively narrow. Bedsides the area with fast pass machines next to TSMM on the other side there was a small meet and greet area built into the GMR show building where Buzz and Woody were back in the day and maybe a gift shop that may or may not have been turned into a coffee place (my memory isn’t what it once was so jump in if I got that wrong). Besides that the rest of the buildings are occupied with TSMM (and it’s third track) and GMR. The space would be more than adequate for an exit path out of SW Land if it was just a path out. However, once you add in whatever stuff they are adding for Metroville the amount of space shrinks, possibly a lot. The details are vague on Metroville but there is talk of a meet and greet area (possibly where Buzz and Woody were) and also live music, a dance party and interactive games. They even mention that stuff being at the end of the street. Maybe I’m picturing more than it will really be, but if you want to use Pixar Place as the exit corridor for SW Land then you probably don’t want to have a dance party and interactive games going on there too. In my mind it’s one or the other. Not seeing how they would have both.

For reference here is Pixar Place:
31601C37-16BD-4662-97F4-68269CD19E96.jpeg

And the little gift shop:
E05CFCD6-5033-47C9-A361-68FA2BBBBADB.jpeg

Texas84

I got what he was saying, but here’s what I don’t get. Pixar Place is relatively narrow. Bedsides the area with fast pass machines next to TSMM on the other side there was a small meet and greet area built into the GMR show building where Buzz and Woody were back in the day and maybe a gift shop that may or may not have been turned into a coffee place (my memory isn’t what it once was so jump in if I got that wrong). Besides that the rest of the buildings are occupied with TSMM (and it’s third track) and GMR. The space would be more than adequate for an exit path out of SW Land if it was just a path out. However, once you add in whatever stuff they are adding for Metroville the amount of space shrinks, possibly a lot. The details are vague on Metroville but there is talk of a meet and greet area (possibly where Buzz and Woody were) and also live music, a dance party and interactive games. They even mention that stuff being at the end of the street. Maybe I’m picturing more than it will really be, but if you want to use Pixar Place as the exit corridor for SW Land then you probably don’t want to have a dance party and interactive games going on there too. In my mind it’s one or the other. Not seeing how they would have both.

For reference here is Pixar Place:
View attachment 316348

And the little gift shop:
View attachment 316349
I never noticed that battleship game on the ceiling. :facepalm:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom