News Pixar Place will transform into a Metroville city block at Disney's Hollywood Studios

cheezbat

They should have continued work on studios before deciding to work on Epcot but I think Disney 'thought' they could just get away with Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story land
And next year the park is going to be a disaster with Galaxy’s Edge opening.

The fact they haven’t already started additional expansions/additions is mind boggling. I completely expect to hear of mile long lines at guest relations.

doctornick

And next year the park is going to be a disaster with Galaxy’s Edge opening.

The fact they haven’t already started additional expansions/additions is mind boggling. I completely expect to hear of mile long lines at guest relations.

Their "solution" seemed to be to close a high capacity ride and replace it with something else. So... yeah?

I've got to admit that I'm pretty shocked that they haven't at least changed out some of the shows or enclosed the BatB theater. I expected something to happen once TSL opened.

Fox&Hound

Their "solution" seemed to be to close a high capacity ride and replace it with something else. So... yeah?

I've got to admit that I'm pretty shocked that they haven't at least changed out some of the shows or enclosed the BatB theater. I expected something to happen once TSL opened.

I completely agree. Beauty and the Beast should easily have been switched out for another show- same for Mermaid. Maybe once the news Cars show debuts they can close one of these other locations and renovate.

MidwestStitch

Any chance they ever rework this area into something more permanent, such as Grand Avenue? A couple shops and maybe a walk up food place would really help out.
If only. I bet they will close it off once SWL opens and keep it for backstage access. Maybe once the new Mickey attraction opens, they will work on developing the area. Area could bring really new, great attractions!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
This is gonna be the sets and props from Tomorrowland set up in this back alley along with a meet and greet or two and a dance party.

The space isn't big enough for much more.

There's no sense spending the money for much more when it's just a temporary thing.

It's a neat little bonus thing with some beloved characters to help the park feel less empty till star wars open.

Don't expect much more spent here than Disney spends on temporary playgrounds for Epcot festivals.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I assume these permits are for this especially since this company did the props for the Incredible Tomorrowland Expo. From their portfolio...

1546002553583.png

12/21/2018 - Disney Hollywood Studio - Bungalow Scenic Studios
571 Stage Lane - General Construction

12/21/2018 - Disney Hollywood Studio - Bungalow Scenic Studios
585 Stage Lane - General Construction

NiarrNDisney

I saw the E and "dance party" and read it as Eisner Dance Party for a second. That would at least be something unexpected.

New attraction: Dancing with the Boss

Premise - Sit curb side and prepare for some crowd voting while you watch the bosses new and old "dance" their way through a routine (hopefully not messing it up as bad as some of the decisions they made or are making to the parks) with Mickey and friends...

TheDuke

New attraction: Dancing with the Boss

Premise - Sit curb side and prepare for some crowd voting while you watch the bosses new and old "dance" their way through a routine (hopefully not messing it up as bad as some of the decisions they made or are making to the parks) with Mickey and friends...

Walt can make a big appearance at the end.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom