News Pixar Place will transform into a Metroville city block at Disney's Hollywood Studios

clemmo

This and the monsters meet and greet are great and all but both franchises deserve better. An actual metroville would be great as would the oft mentioned monstropolis. Honestly would be an easy transition between both lands as both are urban landscapes that provide a contrast to the mountain ranges of SWGE and Andy's backyard in TSL. Of course monsters will never get love it seems and incredibles while more likely still seems doubtful.

boufa

Wow, we're already on page 2 of this thread, and no one is complaining about it yet. :eek:

I agree, good use of space, hope they do more with the Incredibles in the future.

Read closer. There are several posts of "I like it BUT". Those are complainers. The one where it would be easy to add a QS and a ride, and several new ____ and a few___ and POW new land. Was clearly a complaint. Also the quite common, "Wish they were doing more"

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Wow, we're already on page 2 of this thread, and no one is complaining about it yet. :eek:

I agree, good use of space, hope they do more with the Incredibles in the future.
Read closer. There are several posts of "I like it BUT". Those are complainers. The one where it would be easy to add a QS and a ride, and several new ____ and a few___ and POW new land. Was clearly a complaint. Also the quite common, "Wish they were doing more"
In this case there’s really not much to complain about. There isn’t enough room there for a ride or a restaurant or even an elaborate meet and greet building. It is what it is. Good temporary use of future backstage space to get over the hump of construction/opening crowds.

The better question for another thread is what is the long term plan for additional permanent attractions post SW Land for the park.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Possibly Jack-Jack. Luxo was great, but had legal problems for the use.

I'm sure Luxo got paid and Disney Corp agreed to stop merchandising the lamps, but, at this point, I'm surprised Disney didn't offer to buy the rights completely to the model to do as they wish, or, buy Luxo itself.

I was thinking this was probably just a temporary panicky thing to eat crowds.

FTFY!

any chance of this connecting over to grand avenue via the space between SW:GE and Mickey's? it looks like they've landscaped the outer berm to make it show ready.

It *can* be connected. But they do need that back lot roadway to feed Sci-Fi and Commissary since the usual route through Grand will be packed -- I'd guess. It's guest-ready in case they do have to use it if Grand can't hold the crowds, or they want to use that as a back exit from SWL. The fact that an industrial trash compactor is in that lane would suggest they wouldn't want to open that up to guests unless absolutely necessary.

Ismael Flores

any chance of this connecting over to grand avenue via the space between SW:GE and Mickey's? it looks like they've landscaped the outer berm to make it show ready.

that should be a smart idea to help traffic flow especially once SWE opens. knowing Disney they will not though and just create dead ends in the park.

they might even use that area as an overflow queue for SWGE opening

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom