Pixar Fest - Reviews and Thoughts, plus Soft Opening News

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I vote bring back PTN to Disneyland but cancel Fantasmic. The new show isn't half as good without Peter Pan and it's been going on for over 20 years anyway. Let me ride the Mark Twain all day long, Disney!

Wait, so you're for getting rid of something because its been there for over 20 years. Hmm, if that was the case then everything at DL should go. I thought you were for saving DL classics, F! is a classic even in its updated form.

While I have no love for F!, either the new or old show, there are many many many fans of it. So just because it doesn't do anything for you (or me) doesn't mean it should be cut.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
I think Paint The Night looks good in DCA. Every major float has a presence in DCA. The lone exception seems to be Tinkerbell and Peter Pan on the lead float, who have no attraction or dining location in DCA. Otherwise, all of these floats and characters have lands, rides, shows and attractions dedicated to them in DCA.

Beauty and the Beast float with Repunsel and Cinderella. There’s also the Tigger, Genie and Lumiere puppets.

mickEblu

I remember quite fondly the era when day time parades were regularly replaced. In those years we enjoyed Blast to the Past, Circus Fantasy, State Fair, The World According to Goofy, Aladdin’s Royal Caravan, The Lion King Celebration, Hercules Victory Parade and more. Not to mention rotating stage shows like Beauty and the Beast Live, The Spirit of Pocahontas and The Hunchback of Notre Dame Festival of Fools. Aside from Christmas and MSEP, entertainment was considered a relatively inexpensive way to continually refresh the park. With that mindset PPP, nor even Soundsational, would never have lasted so many years. I sincerely miss that.

I remember quite fondly the era when day time parades were regularly replaced. In those years we enjoyed Blast to the Past, Circus Fantasy, State Fair, The World According to Goofy, Aladdin’s Royal Caravan, The Lion King Celebration, Hercules Victory Parade and more. Not to mention rotating stage shows like Beauty and the Beast Live, The Spirit of Pocahontas and The Hunchback of Notre Dame Festival of Fools. Aside from Christmas and MSEP, entertainment was considered a relatively inexpensive way to continually refresh the park. With that mindset PPP, nor even Soundsational, would never have lasted so many years. I sincerely miss that.

You forgot Dick Tracy

EDIT: Tracy

EDIT EDIT: Male Genitalia Tracy

TP2000

Beauty and the Beast float with Repunsel and Cinderella. There’s also the Tigger, Genie and Lumiere puppets.

Beauty and the Beast has an interactive play room dedicated to them in Disney Animation pavilion, hosted by Lumiere.
4942478468_f103ddb29c_b.jpg

The other princesses all get big multimedia lobby shows in the Disney Animation lobby. Tangled and Cinderella are both presented there. Here's an annoyingly cutesy and self-absorbed Millenial couple who carefully curate their Social Media to create moments like this, featuring Tangled in DCA.
Learn-about-creation-your-favorite-movies-California-Adventure-Disney-Animation-Building.jpg

So that leaves us with the Tigger puppet, and Tink and Peter Pan riding on the Drum Float. But when Paint The Night was at Disneyland, it had entire floats and major segments that had nothing to do with that park; Cars, Monsters Inc., Frozen, etc.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Beauty and the Beast has an interactive play room dedicated to them in Disney Animation pavilion, hosted by Lumiere.

The other princesses all get big multimedia lobby shows in the Disney Animation lobby. Tangled and Cinderella are both presented there. Here's an annoyingly cutesy and self-absorbed Millenial couple who carefully curate their Social Media to create moments like this, featuring Tangled in DCA.
Learn-about-creation-your-favorite-movies-California-Adventure-Disney-Animation-Building.jpg

So that leaves us with the Tigger puppet, and Tink and Peter Pan riding on the Drum Float. But when Paint The Night was at Disneyland, it had entire floats and major segments that had nothing to do with that park; Cars, Monsters Inc., Frozen, etc.

I see. If it doesn’t fit the narrative you’re trying to push it doesn’t count. Whatever, dude.

Last edited:

Curious Constance

I don't understand people like that couple. Maybe not enough attention as kids?

BrianLo

Except that PTN is the successor to the MSEP. It’ll be back to DL where it belongs.

Isn’t every night parade a spiritual successor to Main Street Electrical Parade?

I’d buy that argument if the parade were designed for DL. 5/8 units are prominent DCA properties, 1 (Mickey) is equivocal. Even if you revert back to Frozen the biggest presence of the girls is in DCA.

So unless Baroque hoedown is monopolized by castle parks I think organically and operationally it compliments DCA moreso. You can’t have a successor when the decrepit original is still trotted down Main Street more recently.

Edit: missed everyone else arguing this. I’d still agree with you though that B&TB and the princesses are DL oriented. But still Monsters, Cars, Toy Story, Ariel and The 5th unit roulette are all DCA.

Last edited:

TP2000

I don't understand people like that couple. Maybe not enough attention as kids?

My generation sees it as an example that they got too much attention as kids. They are very, very special. They win participation awards for everything they've ever tried. The world needs them and their gifts. They are inherently interesting and uniquely talented. So very, very special. And their Social Media proves it.

I have to throw up now. Back in a few...

Disney Analyst

I also agree that Paint the Night actually works better in DCA, operationally, and thematically. This modern parade feels far more at home at DCA. Also it's kind of fun having Lumiere, Tigger, and Genie back in DCA where they were created. Now where's Sebastian?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
My generation sees it as an example that they got too much attention as kids. They are very, very special. They win participation awards for everything they've ever tried. The world needs them and their gifts. They are inherently interesting and uniquely talented. So very, very special. And their Social Media proves it.

I have to throw up now. Back in a few...

Wait, I thought I was special, my parents told me so. How can those two be more special than me?!?

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Isn’t every night parade a spiritual successor to Main Street Electrical Parade?

I’d buy that argument if the parade were designed for DL. 5/8 units are prominent DCA properties, 1 (Mickey) is equivocal. Even if you revert back to Frozen the biggest presence of the girls is in DCA.

So unless Baroque hoedown is monopolized by castle parks I think organically and operationally it compliments DCA moreso. You can’t have a successor when the decrepit original is still trotted down Main Street more recently.

Edit: missed everyone else arguing this. I’d still agree with you though that B&TB and the princesses are DL oriented. But still Monsters, Cars, Toy Story, Ariel and The 5th unit roulette are all DCA.

Future PTN float representing GOTG:

64743496-E7B7-4F82-9635-0B0513A1E8FD.jpeg

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

Wasn’t it designed for HKDL? We basically got a clone with a few tweaks.

I think in the end it doesn’t matter. PTN is DL and DCA elements mixed together and will be going back and forth between the two parks for many years. Nothing is permanent with Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom