Pixar Fest - Reviews and Thoughts, plus Soft Opening News

Californian Elitist

Granted it will be something of a hybrid land as I guess Mickey's face is staying on the Fun Wheel. Still, I am surprised anyone would argue that Paradise Pier/Pixar Pier isn't DCA's visual focal point. As I said, Google Image "Disney California Adventure" and you'll see that by far the most photographed view of the park is the pier rising up across the lagoon. Both from guests and in promotional materials. The nightly show also has the pier as the backdrop. Again, to me it's kind of like saying that repainting the castle in the Pixar colors (which are apparently red, blue, and yellow) wouldn't be a big change because it's only one building among many in the park.

To be clear, I think DLR has done almost everything far better than WDW for at least the past 10-15 years. I also don't like either TSL or PP. To me, though, Pixar Pier is worse because it takes a significant and the most iconic section of the park and re-themes it to something that weakens the overall cohesion of the park. TSL, on the other hand, is on land at the back of DHS that wasn't being used for much of anything. The park itself is already such a jumble of IPs loosely connected by the theme of "Hollywood Studios" that shoving one more in doesn't add much to the park, but it also doesn't detract all that much. So, in part, this comes down to DCA currently being a better park overall.

Almost missed your response.

Vocal point or not, it still doesn’t dominate the landscape of all of DCA. Overall, I still don’t consider this to be a huge change. That came sometime last year. And again, location doesn’t matter to me because it’s still in the park.

I don’t get excited when I think of either project. The TSL commercial did nothing to help that, which was the point of my post. I don’t want to go to a land that is full of Toy Story references and Toy Story references only. That movie doesn’t scream “land!” to me. I expressed this same opinion when the project was announced. I would rather walk past a few things based on different Pixar films than walk through an entire land based off Toy Story. Of course I’m not 100% certain because I have experienced neither project.

This is my last post regarding this topic. Opinions aren’t changing, which is fine. If any other WDW fans happen to mosey on by here and see my post and have similar feelings, I have plenty of responses! ;)

Squishy

But you do though, as you responded to every single one I sent you. And you just responded to this one.

LOL. Stop trying.
What I meant no one has time to go through the thread and find & read your lame responses, The only reason why I responded to you was because you popped up in my alerts section and you were the most recent person who posted on the thread smartie.

Californian Elitist

What I meant no one has time to go through the thread and find & read your lame responses, The only reason why I responded to you was because you popped up in my alerts section and you were the most recent person who posted on the thread smartie.

Of course that’s what you meant. And here you are, responding again to another boring and lame post!

Keep making the time and keep finding excuses. ;)

TROR

1523749230943.png

Are we going to be stuck with this stupid Nemo map cover all summer long? Geez, between this and the little Asian girl with the pretzel, the map covers this year have been awful for Disneyland.

Squishy

The costume parts in from the cars dancers in paint the night keep falling off, During the soft opening one of the dancers had to be taken off the route since his light around his foot fell off and yesterday the same thing happened.

Squishy

With Cars they tired. Cars Land should be the standard. Toy Story Land in Orlando is just the potential squandered evolution of what has lazily existed in Walt Disney Studios and Hong Kong Disneyland.
Yet it's not really the samething unlike shanghai is making the same rides as those 2 park's TSL

brb1006

My generation sees it as an example that they got too much attention as kids. They are very, very special. They win participation awards for everything they've ever tried. The world needs them and their gifts. They are inherently interesting and uniquely talented. So very, very special. And their Social Media proves it.

I have to throw up now. Back in a few...
The same thing happens at Walt Disney World as well. So many marriage proposal photos taken in the middle of Main Street and Cinderella Castle I seen that I think I might throw up because of how sugary sweet they are.
102dhtfx9rpy.jpg
o0zte1O.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Of course that’s what you meant. And here you are, responding again to another boring and lame post!

Keep making the time and keep finding excuses. ;)

tenor.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom