Pirates updates!

Jheyman

Please......

Enderikari said:
I completely and totally, whole heartedely disagree with this, but I feel I have made my feelings on MiceAge, Al Lutz, and Kevin Yee vocal enough in the past... Suffice it to say, I feel Al Lutz has contributed nothing more to Disney than create a bunch of folks who will never be happy with Disney parks... Problem is, Al created these folks in his own image... Other than that, my post The Worst Thing to Happen to Walt Disney World pretty much sums the rest of it up

Please please please not agian.........:lookaroun

RnRJoe6114

Ok everytime I log on, the site usually brings me to the last post(thats ok) but for some reason on this thread I click on the Page 1 and it brings me to a small picture of a chocolate lab(I think it's somebodys avatar), anyone know why its doing this?

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
yensidtlaw1969 said:
Yensid " It is in my humble opinion that The Theme park, Disneyland, is in many ways superior to her younger sibling, the Magic Kingdom of Walt Disney World, of the Floridian reigon of these United States of America" tlaw1969

Longest one yet WE HAVE A RECORD!!!

tirian

I disagree with that and I've never even been to DL's. But right now we've got the CoP and God only knows when it will be open (I'm glad I'll get a few rides in next week :) ) and the jury is still out on the TK replacement. Sure we have the TTA over their nothing, but I think their Buzz looks better than ours and their Space Mountain looks much better than ours. Not to mention Star Tours and HISTA vs Stitch's Great Escape. When you look at it that way, I think DL's Tomorrowland royally owns ours.

Our TL looks a lot better, is significantly larger, and is superiorly themed ("Sci-Fi"): for example, their Astro Orbiter is on the ground; ours is on top a tower. Star Tours and HIStA are here, but they're in different parks. Don't forget that Stitch used to be Alien Encounter...the MK's TL simply pulls off the Science Fiction theme better than DL's Space Colony. As for TL becoming Fantasyland East...well, at least our characters fit into the theme; DL is getting Finding Nemo subs in their lagoon. They still have their subs, but the attraction no longer really fits into either FL or TL. (Of course, DLP had the Lion King show in TL. Things like this just happen.) Their Buzz isn't really much better, except that you hold the guns in your hand, making it easier to shoot. Yes, DL's Space Mt. looks better now; but their track is still basically a big curve down, and once MK's is refurbished, it'll be the best American Space Mt. again.

Enderikari, I completely understand where you're coming from, and I agree that too many internet sites hold Disney to task over ridiculous things; people forget that the parks exist in the real world and have real world problems. However, Al Lutz gave enough DL'ers a voice for the California press to focus on the problems during Pressler's time. I never visited during those years; but from what I've been told, and considering the huge refurbishment Matt Oimett had to do, DL was legitimately falling apart. I'm not crediting Lutz with DL's restoration, nor am I saying that the site is always correct (they seem to take pleasure in bashing WDW, which is immature and a clear case of fanboy-itus :D ). But Al did help put pressure on Disney concerning those years of generic costumes, dilapidated buildings, terrible maintenance, and an extremely faded castle. (BTW, Matt, not Al Lutz, is to be credited for DL's turnaround; and Matt came from WDW.)

Now let's get this thread back on topic...

tirian

LostNametag said:
I want to know where the info about there not being a Cast opening came from. Because I was informed that there would be. Cast members only, no family or non-CMs. And to me that only makes sense. But I am confused on the clashing info...

Nothing has been said either way yet.

dxwwf3

tirian said:
Our TL looks a lot better, is significantly larger, and is superiorly themed ("Sci-Fi"): for example, their Astro Orbiter is on the ground; ours is on top a tower. Star Tours and HIStA are here, but they're in different parks. Don't forget that Stitch used to be Alien Encounter...the MK's TL simply pulls off the Science Fiction theme better than DL's Space Colony. As for TL becoming Fantasyland East...well, at least our characters fit into the theme; DL is getting Finding Nemo subs in their lagoon. They still have their subs, but the attraction no longer really fits into either FL or TL. (Of course, DLP had the Lion King show in TL. Things like this just happen.) Their Buzz isn't really much better, except that you hold the guns in your hand, making it easier to shoot. Yes, DL's Space Mt. looks better now; but their track is still basically a big curve down, and once MK's is refurbished, it'll be the best American Space Mt. again.

I was comparing the TL's independent from the other parks and by the way it is currently set up. And I don't think the current TL at WDW pulls off any Science Fiction theme any more. Now I'm not complaining about that here, but that's just simply how I think it is.

When I look at the TL's right now, I think DL's is in much better shape at this moment. I hope that the Monsters Inc attraction is worthwhile and something happens to our Space Mountain as well.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Our TL looks a lot better, is significantly larger, and is superiorly themed ("Sci-Fi"): for example, their Astro Orbiter is on the ground; ours is on top a tower.
So was their original version originally - until Paul Pressler got involved (another story) - an it looks like it may be returning to its rightful home too.
Don't forget that Stitch used to be Alien Encounter...the MK's TL simply pulls off the Science Fiction theme better than DL's Space Colony.
Don`t forget that Alien Encounter was originally designed for Disneyland; it was used a quick fix to get rid of WDWs far too dated Mission to Mars.
Their Buzz isn't really much better, except that you hold the guns in your hand, making it easier to shoot.
There Buzz was custom built - WDWs poor original is still using a 1972 ride system.

Now, about Pirates...

dxwwf3

marni1971 said:
Don`t forget that Alien Encounter was originally designed for Disneyland; it was used a quick fix to get rid of WDWs far too dated Mission to Mars.

And whoever made that decision has brought so much joy and happiness to our family, I could never repay him/her.

pinjim

KrazyKemp said:
It makes me jealous that Disney World will always be the "second fiddle" park.

Not sure I'd agree with you on that statement. WDW offers so much more overall (walking included) that DL can't touch.
I was at DL in 2005 and I still prefer WDW so much, that having had a choice this time around we picked WDW.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
While I agree wholeheartedly with Enderikari's comments on Al Lutz and his minions approach to Disney, and WDW specifically, I did like the article on the DL Pirates changes, lots of fun stuff for DL, and if we even get a part of that (ok, no actual movie props...I won't loose sleep over it):

http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al053006a.htm

...except where they had to put their rant about poor face characters at WDW. As with the various sites we deal with, it's best to take all with a grain of salt, and there is interesting info to be gleaned from even the most biased articles.

Magicot

disneydata said:
So I figured I'd update those of you who are just waiting for some juicy stuff about Pirates ...

There are new signs up outside on the wall. There are 2 movie posters and a brand new treasure map that resembles the ride printed on real canvas! It look real awesome, but unfortunately I could not get pics. I'm heading over tomorrow and will try to get some.

Also, very early (before the park opened), there were Imagineers and Pirates project team members out in front of the attraction with a brand spankin new wait time sign ... that was made of cardboard. It was full size mock-up and it looked amazing. It was a decorated pillar with a sword holding up the wait time indicator which resembled a scroll. Very neat, but no pics for obvious reasons.

New walls - there are now walls in front of the main doors. The doors are gone and the turnstyles have been taken out (finally!). There is also a wall in front of the small courtyard to the right, but there's not much going on in there. The wall to the left of the entrance has moved slightly in a smaller area for more prep work on the ship.

The boats at STOLPort are the old boats and they are being worked on almost every day. Just looks like patching up, new coatings, and bumper replacement.

And of course, the one thing you have been waiting for ...

... test and adjust will be starting next week. :drevil:

Can we all get back to the PotC updates? Tomorrowland battles are always fun, but not when I'm waiting to see new pics of WDW's PotC! (or atleast its walls:p)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Magicot said:
Can we all get back to the PotC updates? Tomorrowland battles are always fun, but not when I'm waiting to see new pics of WDW's PotC! (or atleast its walls:p)

I think pics with be few and far inbetween for the pirates makeover, for the same reason they are waiting until movie opening. They want the big unveil, no previews, no testing (except for CM's) until July. I would be very surprised if we see anything for another month.

Magicot

ClemsonTigger said:
I think pics with be few and far inbetween for the pirates makeover, for the same reason they are waiting until movie opening. They want the big unveil, no previews, no testing (except for CM's) until July. I would be very surprised if we see anything for another month.

Well, of course I don't expect to see pics of the actual ride- I know that they won't reveal the inside 'till July. I was talking about the original post in this thread- new PotC posters, wait time signs, moved walls, boats, etc. Can we see pics of these changes??:confused:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Nope. Not yet. The boats are still at the STOLport; there are pics on this forum for you to search. Although the AAs are installed you`d have better luck getting a picture of Elvis than the Sparrow A-100.

iheartdisney91

finally i can't wait! please try to get some pictures! i also have a question does anyone know if Elizabeth Swann is going to be in the ride? and is the pirate ship now the black pearl? if anyone can help i would really appreciate it!
THANX!:sohappy:

yensidtlaw1969

marni1971 said:
Nope. Not yet. The boats are still at the STOLport; there are pics on this forum for you to search. Although the AAs are installed you`d have better luck getting a picture of Elvis than the Sparrow A-100.
A-100, you say?

Me like . . . me like very much :D .

Yensid "Just so you know, I have a thing for A-100 animatronics, not Johnny Depp :lookaroun " tlaw1969

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Pics of the unload area have been posted elsewhere here - do a search :wave:

No Liz Swan. Davy Jones mist projection though (same as DLC)

yensid - apparently so. And a very good one (or three) too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom