Pirates updates!

SirGoofy

TP2000 said:
I read the Al Lutz miceage.com rundown on how the rehab is progressing, plus the new surprises they've added. It's a walk-through of the Disneyland version, but I'm sure the WDW will be similar.

Lutz wasn't too complimentary of WDW's other pirate plans though, compared to Disneyland's plans! :eek:

Well, WDW's will always play second fiddle. DLR's is soooo much better.

I'm really excited to hear that they are doing away with all the PC changes from the 90's. The pirates will finally act like pirates once again.

mkepcotmgmak

SirGoofy said:
...I'm really excited to hear that they are doing away with all the PC changes from the 90's...QUOTE]

This is the first I've heard of this!? So they are really doing away with all of the PC changes? The pirate's will chase the women, etc.?

KrazyKemp

I just wish that WDW's would be as good as DL's...

It makes me jealous that Disney World will always be the "second fiddle" park.

But I guess that's alright, I mean...we got Expedition Everest...right?

SirGoofy

mkepcotmgmak said:
This is the first I've heard of this!? So they are really doing away with all of the PC changes? The pirate's will chase the women, etc.?

According to Al Lutz's article that will indeed be the case. Of course none of us will know till our butts are seated in a boat headed for the Carribean.

Buford

KrazyKemp said:

it's give and take. :D

Josh, Al Lutz has been recently right about the HM changes, so we'll see! I hope to report on the attraction in July. :wave:

mkepcotmgmak

KrazyKemp said:

I don't really feel that Disneyland is the better park. They are both so different, and have a different feel to them. What Walt Disney World lacks, DL makes up for, and vice-versa.

yensidtlaw1969

Lee said:
Oh, I do.
Disneyland kicks MK's butt....IMHO.:lookaroun
Kick it, Lee! Speak the Truth!!!

Yensid " It is in my humble opinion that The Theme park, Disneyland, is in many ways superior to her younger sibling, the Magic Kingdom of Walt Disney World, of the Floridian reigon of these United States of America" tlaw1969

:lookaroun

mkepcotmgmak

Lee said:
Oh, I do.
Disneyland kicks MK's butt....IMHO.:lookaroun

lol! I see a lot of things i like better at DL - but there are also some things I didn't like, that I appreciate at WDW. I think I liked DL a lot just knowing that it was the original, and Walt was there. I can't wait to go back! (Matt Ouimet is doing an OUTSTANDING job with the DLR, imo).

tirian

Yeah, it's a matter of opinion. DL's PotC and Toontown are definitely better, and they still have their sub lagoon and original Tiki Room...not to mention Indiana Jones...

..but our Tomorrowland, Frontierland, and park layout kick DL's butt. I greatly prefer crossing the Seven Seas Lagoon at the MK to the Esplanade at DL. We have the Swiss Family Treehouse, Country Bears, Mickey's Philharmagic, a better Pooh, and the People Mover; and our Tom Sawyer Island trounces theirs. Regardless of their new Space Mt.'s special fx, ours has a much superior track layout. Also, even though DL has a few more rides than we do, I prefer being able to breathe and enjoy the scenery at MK, thank you. We don't need to cram as many attractions into one park because we have three other great ones. DCA doesn't really count as anything other than a "California-land" addition to DL.

DL gets HM and Small World Holiday layovers and they've got a better PotC and ToonTown. The MK is larger and, as a result, easier to navigate; and the majority of the attractions are either carbon copies of those at DL or are larger. But with its 50 years of existance and small, intimate feel, DL feels more like a cozy storybook; the MK feels more like a grand kingdom. I like both places, but in different ways.

Either way, I find them to be two different parks, and IMHO it's too difficult to label one as "better than" the other. MiceAge will always give DL a better review because it's a DL fansite; and the DL APs are pretty protective of their park! :D

(Al Lutz's watchdog status is actually a good thing, because it contributed to the fantastic restoration that followed the dark Pressler years; and he definitely has inside sources at Team Disney Anaheim.)

WRE4ever

tirian said:
Yeah, it's a matter of opinion. DL's PotC and Toontown are definitely better, and they still have their sub lagoon and original Tiki Room...not to mention Indiana Jones...

..but our Tomorrowland, Frontierland, and park layout kick DL's butt. I greatly prefer crossing the Seven Seas Lagoon at the MK to the Esplanade at DL. We have the Swiss Family Treehouse, Country Bears, Mickey's Philharmagic, a better Pooh, and the People Mover; and our Tom Sawyer Island trounces theirs. Regardless of their new Space Mt.'s special fx, ours has a much superior track layout. Also, even though DL has a few more rides than we do, I prefer being able to breathe and enjoy the scenery at MK, thank you. We don't need to cram as many attractions into one park because we have three other great ones. DCA doesn't really count as anything other than a "California-land" addition to DL.

DL gets HM and Small World Holiday layovers and they've got a better PotC and ToonTown. The MK is larger and, as a result, easier to navigate; and the majority of the attractions are either carbon copies of those at DL or are larger. But with its 50 years of existance and small, intimate feel, DL feels more like a cozy storybook; the MK feels more like a grand kingdom. I like both places, but in different ways.

Either way, I find them to be two different parks, and IMHO it's too difficult to label one as "better than" the other. MiceAge will always give DL a better review because it's a DL fansite; and the DL APs are pretty protective of their park! :D

(Al Lutz's watchdog status is actually a good thing, because it contributed to the fantastic restoration that followed the dark Pressler years; and he definitely has inside sources at Team Disney Anaheim.)

AMEN to that

but I'll always hold MK close to my heart because I grew up with it...so I'll always have a little bias towards it....but saying that DL is awesome in its own way too.. as tirian put it

Enderikari

tirian said:

I completely and totally, whole heartedely disagree with this, but I feel I have made my feelings on MiceAge, Al Lutz, and Kevin Yee vocal enough in the past... Suffice it to say, I feel Al Lutz has contributed nothing more to Disney than create a bunch of folks who will never be happy with Disney parks... Problem is, Al created these folks in his own image... Other than that, my post The Worst Thing to Happen to Walt Disney World pretty much sums the rest of it up

Glasgow

I'm really looking forward to the new PotC. I was in favor of not changing it but if it's done right, hey, I'm cool with that. *crossing fingers*

BTW - DLs version is awesome! Love the Bayou and the restaurant at the beginning. Queue is definitely way better at WDW though!!

dxwwf3

tirian said:
..but our Tomorrowland kicks DL's butt.

I disagree with that and I've never even been to DL's. But right now we've got the CoP and God only knows when it will be open (I'm glad I'll get a few rides in next week :) ) and the jury is still out on the TK replacement. Sure we have the TTA over their nothing, but I think their Buzz looks better than ours and their Space Mountain looks much better than ours. Not to mention Star Tours and HISTA vs Stitch's Great Escape. When you look at it that way, I think DL's Tomorrowland royally owns ours.

tirian said:

I completely agree. Again, I've never been to DL yet, but from the pics I've seen the place looks fantastic now. Hopefully nothing will ever get as bad as the way the Tiki Room looked before its rehab :eek:

LostNametag

I want to know where the info about there not being a Cast opening came from. Because I was informed that there would be. Cast members only, no family or non-CMs. And to me that only makes sense. But I am confused on the clashing info...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom