Pirates updates!

bassman

ive already posted this on the other thread but
nice pics. only......
is that all they are adding to the WDW version,it was mentioned that there would be an effect where a projection of a ghost pirate swung his sword at you at the bottom of the drop and it would go through the boat or something like that.and that jack was going to be in the jail scene.

i think that it is earlyer on in this thread.

imagineer boy

STR8FAN2005 said:
I see that you are changing your mind. I'm glad that you are coming around!:sohappy:

Well, from the previews and press releases, they made it sound like it was going to be a huge face lift of the ride, changing the story line to fit the movie and adding characters from the movie. But now that I've read Al Lutz's preview, and saw the concept pics, it looks like its not overpopulating it. Just a few simple little changes in some of the story, and a few Jack Sparrow figures. The only characters from the movie going in are Sparrow, Barbossa, and Davy Jones. So, I like how they're adding new stuff, but keeping the integrety of the ride.:sohappy:

KumbaRider

imagineer boy said:
So, I like how they're adding new stuff, but keeping the integrety of the ride.:sohappy:

I agree, that's what will keep people happy. For the unknowing guest who has never heard of the ride but seen the movies, it will make sense. At the same time, returning guests will be able to enjoy an enhanced version of a classic.

hokielutz

Its a real shame that my vacation there ends on friday June 30th and from the tone on here and other places, it doesn't look like they will open the FL ride before the movie. :( I'm sure others are in the same predicament.

Oh well.... maybe I'll have to make a special one day only trip to ride the new attraction. Either way, I'm excited for the final result! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom