News Pirates of the Caribbean closing for refurbishment in February for new auction scene

KBLovedDisney

I know! You would never expect it. On the drop would be nice but not BEFORE the drop. It also adds insult to injury by blinding you with that flash. But the talking part is cool and it has worked every time so far. What hasn't worked as consistently on PotC is the fog behind the Wicked Wench.
When I first saw this 'new addition' to the ride, I didn't know what it was. So I blankly stared at it with this gawd awful derp face, and then *FLASH*...I couldn't enjoy the rest of the ride because I was seeing major spots in front of my eyes.

Princess Leia

Further proof that this ride photo spot sucks:
3EB953BB-E59E-4211-B0AE-24CD46606FB8.jpeg

The only people who look like they’re having a good time are those in front.

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

I detest the camera "flashes" they added to 7DMT. I had the good fortune to experience the ride during the short period they didn't have them, when it was actually enjoyable at night. It completely ruins it after dark now, and I put flashes in quotes because it's not a simple quick strobe like the other ride photos i'm familiar with. They just shine a constant ugly bright light at you for a significant chunk of the ride outdoors. It's awful. I now refuse to even ride it after dark due to this. Even during the day the light is still visible and ugly.

I'd rather not have the new POTC flash either, but at least it's quick and there's other lightning strikes nearby to help it make slightly more thematic sense. Not excusing this, but it doesn't anger me the same way 7DMT's light does.

Last edited:

MichRX7

Premium Member
Wait for it...and...
x7cC69V.gif

I love obscure movie references. Thanks for the laugh, may have to dust off this DVD for one of our Indoor Winter Saturday Family Movie Nights since it's -3F outside here.

We always get the Memory Maker option because the kids and grandkids abuse the ride photos (in a good way) once they learn where they are at. Always some of the best pictures.

KBLovedDisney

I love obscure movie references. Thanks for the laugh, may have to dust off this DVD for one of our Indoor Winter Saturday Family Movie Nights since it's -3F outside here.

We always get the Memory Maker option because the kids and grandkids abuse the ride photos (in a good way) once they learn where they are at. Always some of the best pictures.
I just watched Spaceballs a couple of days ago. I am still waiting on the sequel, The Search for More Money.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Movies I quote an obnoxious amount:
1. All Disney films
2. Jaws
3. The Godfather
4. Mel Brooks movies
I read something once that said psychopaths tend to speak an inordinate amount in movie quotes as an easy way to try to mimic normal human interactions. If so, I'd like to apologize now to the human race, in general.
Get used to disappointment...

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Movies I quote an obnoxious amount:
1. All Disney films
2. Jaws
3. The Godfather
4. Mel Brooks movies
I read something once that said psychopaths tend to speak an inordinate amount in movie quotes as an easy way to try to mimic normal human interactions. If so, I'd like to apologize now to the human race, in general.
I speak Titanic.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I rode PotC last weekend and in the large battle scene between the galleon and the fortress there was a large projection on the back wall (to the right of the ship). The light was square and took up almost the entire wall, from the ceiling to the bottom. I wish I had taken a picture, but I think that the light wasn't solid and had dots or some sort of pattern in it. It seemed to me that they were testing for something. Does anyone know if a projection on that wall is part of the upcoming refurb?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom