News Pirates of the Caribbean closing for refurbishment in February for new auction scene

Cmdr_Crimson

Shhhh!! Don't give them anymore ideas!

Too late....
the-haunted-mansion-637588l.jpg
Disney-Jungle-Cruise-Movie-Rock-Dwayne-Johnson.jpg

Bocabear

Well, whatever you do, don't mention potentially combining the Tiki Room and Pirates of the Caribbean...

Parrots of the Caribbean is not an attraction I'd want to ride.
But you wouldn't have to worry about being politically incorrect...lol
"We Wants the Cockatiel!
We Wants the Cockatiel!

disneygeek90

Oh yeah....Haunted Mansion...Death and Murder... Not funny...quick let's change that too!
Jungle Cruise? So Completely Not PC!
Why does Peter Pan's flight have only white children? in today's world there are mixed families....Quick! Change that too!
and on and on... The PC police do not need to redefine everything we see in the world...Thing is, It was a lighthearted look at a much more barbaric time...So by all means let's have them trading cotton candy and cupcakes so we don't offend those that don't believe in drinking... and tear up the sidewalk in Fantasyland near Dumbo because I know children that have peanut allergies and it scares them...
Yeah... not really the same.. but ok.

LSLS

I feel like they could have gotten away with saying “We wants the redhead!” and have the redhead shoot at them to get the auction back on track. I don’t think that would be offensive.

I don’t mind the change but I really don’t like the new auctioneer’s voice. The animatronic itself doesn’t look like it’s moving around as much as the old programming either.

That was my thought too. I feel that would have gone really well.

But yeah, selling hens? I mean, I was completely fine with them changing the scene, but in they year they spent conceptualizing/implementing, that is the best they could do?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom