News Pirates of the Caribbean closing for refurbishment in February for new auction scene

KBLovedDisney

Weigh anchor you swabbies...what do I offer for these hearty hens? Whomever is doing this voice just sounds awful...They could have got Corey Burton back to at least do his version of the voice since he re-recorded audio for the heavy pirate that sits with the map....

You know...now that I think about it....This wasn't the first female pirate they were dealing with...
hJMlaK7.gif
gQdFoJM.gif
37vGJaj.gif
Oh gawd. Not only was the voice over corny as all get out (why did they take out Paul Frees), but...just what were they thinking...

jhastings74

Sure, it looks good, in as much as the animatronics match.
I just watched the videos and was thinking kind of the opposite as you: I don't really think the Redhead matches the other Marc Davis/Blaine Gibson faces, and to me, that is almost as distracting as the changed audio. I'm not a guy who gets on here for every single park rumor and change and talks about my opinions (it's way more fun to read everyone else's views!), but I'm disappointed in most every aspect of this. The audio-animatronic itself is well done, it just seems out of place in WDW's PotC attraction.

HonorableMention

"We wants the rum, we wants the rum!"
I feel like they could have gotten away with saying “We wants the redhead!” and have the redhead shoot at them to get the auction back on track. I don’t think that would be offensive.

I don’t mind the change but I really don’t like the new auctioneer’s voice. The animatronic itself doesn’t look like it’s moving around as much as the old programming either.

Mouse3268

I 100% agree that it was time to redo this scene, but I don't think this was the best way to execute it. It looks fine, but with the audio it feels too disjointed, but I do like making the redhead a pirate as there were female pirates in history. Personally, I think a mutiny would have been the best idea here, with the redhead challenging the auctioneer. You could have even kept "We want the redhead" line. Just my take.

Incomudro

I just watched the videos and was thinking kind of the opposite as you: I don't really think the Redhead matches the other Marc Davis/Blaine Gibson faces, and to me, that is almost as distracting as the changed audio. I'm not a guy who gets on here for every single park rumor and change and talks about my opinions (it's way more fun to read everyone else's views!), but I'm disappointed in most every aspect of this. The audio-animatronic itself is well done, it just seems out of place in WDW's PotC attraction.

Point taken.
I was referring to it looking good in an overall sense.

trainplane3

I feel like they could have gotten away with saying “We wants the redhead!” and have the redhead shoot at them to get the auction back on track. I don’t think that would be offensive.

I don’t mind the change but I really don’t like the new auctioneer’s voice. The animatronic itself doesn’t look like it’s moving around as much as the old programming either.
I was thinking the same. Having her do something instead of standing there with a bottle would be interesting. If you're going to remove an original scene, at least make it interesting. It would give her the "I'm a bad A" attitude, which I would've been pretty okay with.

Bocabear

Yep... and I still fail to see how it's funny. But I digress.
Oh yeah....Haunted Mansion...Death and Murder... Not funny...quick let's change that too!
Jungle Cruise? So Completely Not PC!
Why does Peter Pan's flight have only white children? in today's world there are mixed families....Quick! Change that too!
and on and on... The PC police do not need to redefine everything we see in the world...Thing is, It was a lighthearted look at a much more barbaric time...So by all means let's have them trading cotton candy and cupcakes so we don't offend those that don't believe in drinking... and tear up the sidewalk in Fantasyland near Dumbo because I know children that have peanut allergies and it scares them...

KBLovedDisney

Oh yeah....Haunted Mansion...Death and Murder... Not funny...quick let's change that too!
Jungle Cruise? So Completely Not PC!
Why does Peter Pan's flight have only white children? in today's world there are mixed families....Quick! Change that too!
and on and on... The PC police do not need to redefine everything we see in the world...Thing is, It was a lighthearted look at a much more barbaric time...So by all means let's have them trading cotton candy and cupcakes so we don't offend those that don't believe in drinking... and tear up the sidewalk in Fantasyland near Dumbo because I know children that have peanut allergies and it scares them...
Shhhh!! Don't give them anymore ideas!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom