Pictures of the 2011 mugs....too cute!!!

DisneyRunner

Original Poster
I do miss the resort specific mug. Milk is not included. It is not at the self serve drink station. DiPSU224, if that were me, I would be :(.

Fractal514

BTW, the mugs used to be twice the size, and a few dollars less.

And Elton John used to be married to a lady, but that doesn't change a thing. Now excuse me while I lock up my stroller before you come up with a chain of logic that justifies you stealing that too.

DisneySky

They are definitely at Pop! Saw them last night. At first I thought maybe they were from one of the cruise ships but then I saw them in the dining hall. I'm bummed because we bought the old ones 2 days before the new ones hit the shelf. Oh well.

I know, I am a little bummed too. We are leaving this Saturday, and i have my one from July ready to go with me. :(

mrssparrow

Looking forward to these mugs, we have not done this before...glad that the pics posted let us know also that you can obtain coffee...this is a MUST for three of us adults in the morning...wonder about milk?

You can definitely get unlimited coffee too, it is for the "beverage stations" in the cafeteria/dining halls in the resorts. They have coffee, tea, and I'm pretty sure hot chocolate (not 100%).

NewfieFan

Hate the "Disney Parks" but that's another thread in itself!

The design is cute, I know my kids will love them (we keep the mugs and let the kids use them at home).

jt04

All the mug thiefs would do then is pay for one new mug and use it to fill everyone elses in their family that brought old mugs.

No, a specific RFID would activate the dispensor and allow a limited number of refills. So I guess a person could get 10 refills for example, and then pour those into other mugs but it would still only have 10 refills programmed if that is what was pre-paid for.

There is no getting around Mr Computer. :lookaroun

Fractal514

No, a specific RFID would activate the dispensor and allow a limited number of refills. So I guess a person could get 10 refills for example, and then pour those into other mugs but it would still only have 10 refills programmed if that is what was pre-paid for.

There is no getting around Mr Computer. :lookaroun

See, I disagree, I think the solution would be to put a timer. One fill every five minutes. That way, people who are using them legitimately could use them for an unlimited amount, but people trying to use one mug to fill five would find themselves up the creek. And yes, they could just wait five minutes, but I'm ok with the thought of someone waiting 20 minutes to fill more mugs, it means they aren't in line at the park.

JimboJones123

See, I disagree, I think the solution would be to put a timer. One fill every five minutes. That way, people who are using them legitimately could use them for an unlimited amount, but people trying to use one mug to fill five would find themselves up the creek. And yes, they could just wait five minutes, but I'm ok with the thought of someone waiting 20 minutes to fill more mugs, it means they aren't in line at the park.

This would ONLY work if they doubled more the size of the mugs. They won't. It would cost WAY too much.

When I mug on a 97 degree day, I'll refill 3-4x before leaving the station and still go away with a final fillup.

The complaints would in no way justify the change.

The other factors are the increased cost of mugs. Cost to install and maintain the equipment may not be worth the amount they are losing now either.

The fact that people are bringing back old mugs is part of the reason for shrinking the size.

As far as park mugs are concerned, Disney has already shown that they are not interested in the Six Flags mig game. Too many people with too big of families staying too many days. They are better off keeping drink costs under $4 and getting people to purchase 3-4 drinks daily.

Plus, they don't want to have folks dragging those crappy sports bottles around all day. Nor do they want to be known as another park that plays the sports bottle game.

kbmum

Refillable mugs are available at all resorts, not just values. Has it been confirmed that the new mugs hold less liquid?

Mikester71

They are definitely at Pop! Saw them last night. At first I thought maybe they were from one of the cruise ships but then I saw them in the dining hall. I'm bummed because we bought the old ones 2 days before the new ones hit the shelf. Oh well.

VERY happy to hear that they are now at Pop, thanks for confirming this for us! Can't wait to buy our four in 2 weeks when we check in!!! :sohappy:

Sorry to hear that you missed out on them by two days...that sucks! :(

WDW-Crazy

I'm definitely getting one of those again this year! The design beats both Year of a Million Dreams and What Will You Celebrate. I've been buying a mug for the last three trips....the complimentary use of the drink machines is definitely worth it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom