Pictures of the 2011 mugs....too cute!!!

DisneyMusician2

I actually like the new mugs, but until we can get some resort-specific mugs back again, I can't put the stamp of approval on them.

The old mug debate again? Oh my....:hammer:

I do like the self-aware bandits among us, and respect them much more than the it's not stealing crowd, just to weigh in before the thread gets loked like so many before it.

pax_65

An honest response. I can respect "I know it's stealing, but I may do it anyways" a lot more than the twisted attempts to rationalize that it isn't stealing at all.

Exactly. Admit that technically it might be wrong but the odds of getting caught are low, Disney doesn't seem to care, nobody really seems to be harmed by it, you give Disney enough $$$ already, so why not?

While I don't necessarily agree with that argument I do understand the logic behind it.

irmonkey

I'm going to still bring my wilderness lodge mugs with me and see if any CM's stop me from refilling them. LOL. I will be taking pictures since it seems to upset people on these forums.

On our last trip we bought a new mug and also used the one from the previous trip. Next time we'll buy a new one and retire the one from our first trip.

I'd say that I would be worried about the CM saying something to me, but I'm fairly certain that I could lay on top of the machine and suck on it like a bottle and they wouldn't say a word. :D At least not the CM's that were working at PORS last November...

What bothered me was the people who were walking in with 60 oz gas station mugs and filling them up.

That said my wife really digs the pink one.

kbmum

I'd say that I would be worried about the CM saying something to me, but I'm fairly certain that I could lay on top of the machine and suck on it like a bottle and they wouldn't say a word. :D At least not the CM's that were working at PORS last November...

Now that's funny!

apple

Too cute!!!!:sohappy: Like the new muggys! I know my sis' kiddos are gonna love them at least! Very warm/summery looking which is what we want to escape to... after all this snow, ice and freezing weather!!! lol:cool:

SAV

I like the new mug design, but I still question why they only offer 3 color choices? Wouldn't 4 colors make a little more sense? So your typical family of 4 could each have a different color? I know there are families of more than 4 which would be stuck with a duplicate and you have to stop somewhere, but 3 seems like a strange place to stop to me. I don't think it would cost any more to make the 4th color, it's just a different color being injected into the plastic mold.

All this discussion of adding things into the cups & station to stop re-use from a different trip costs $ to implement. I think the 2 cents they lose from someone re-filling when they shouldn't doesn't equal the cost they would incur by installing the new technology. Not to mention the support and maintenance of that technology. If anything malfunctions and dealing with that is a possibility as well.

If they did go ahead and do it, the cost would be passed down to the customer and would result in us paying even more.

jakeman

I'm not justifying stealing; I'm just making a statement about the actual value of the mug.
I think I have a mug that you are referring to. It is one of the big ones that don't fit in any cup holders?

There is quite a bit of empty space between the actual "cup" part and the outer wall of the mug. They have been like that as long as I can remember (I want to say since the mid-90s, but I know definitely since 1999).

I sighed just a little bit this past weekend that the mugs were the same.

Disney lost $50 from our family because they weren't resort specific mugs. We buy a new set when they are updated just because they are good travel mugs (better than the crap souvenir ones), but we also try and stay at a different resort on our multiple trips a year. If they had resort specific mugs that they updated regularly (once every two years) Disney would milk an extra couple of hundred dollars from my family every year.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I like the new mug design, but I still question why they only offer 3 color choices? Wouldn't 4 colors make a little more sense? So your typical family of 4 could each have a different color? I know there are families of more than 4 which would be stuck with a duplicate and you have to stop somewhere, but 3 seems like a strange place to stop to me. I don't think it would cost any more to make the 4th color, it's just a different color being injected into the plastic mold.

There are 4 colors :)

Pics at http://www.wdwmagic.com/Dining/Refillable-Mug/Gallery/08Mar2011-2011-Resort-Refillable-Mug.htm

epcotWSC

No matter what, if you steal it you steal it. Instead of trying to justify it, just admit you're cheap and that's it.

Same goes with downloading music, games, apps, movies, etc. You're cheap just admit it.

It's stealing, admit that you're stealing and that you're cheap. People these days feel too entitled, that they deserve everything.

I admit it, I'm cheap. When it comes to computers, I download things that I feel that I wouldn't have bought if I didn't (for the most part). Is that still stealing? Of course it is, regardless of if those people would have never gotten my money.

Same here, if you're stealing the mugs, you probably wouldn't have bought one anyway, doesn't mean it's not stealing, and doesn't mean you're not a cheap-o. Especially for a mug that pays for itself after about 6 drinks, that's a souvenir and in the grand scheme of your vacation is a drop in the bucket.

minniemickeyfan

I think it must be cheaper for Disney to produce one type of mug every year or two, than it is to produce resort specific mugs every year or two. I personally like the resort mugs, but I see why they don't.

jakeman

I think it must be cheaper for Disney to produce one type of mug every year or two, than it is to produce resort specific mugs every year or two. I personally like the resort mugs, but I see why they don't.
Probably.

It's also cheaper for my family not to be inclined to buy new mugs for every resort we stay at because they are all the same. It's just one less souvenir we bring home now.

I want to spend money at Disney, but sometimes Disney makes it very hard to do that.

Thorpyness

Can someone please confirm... 4 colours with 4 handle colours ?
Pictures are not conclusive.

also if the produced resort specific, would they want/need to swap them out as often ?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Can someone please confirm... 4 colours with 4 handle colours ?
Pictures are not conclusive.

also if the produced resort specific, would they want/need to swap them out as often ?

I have photographic evidence LOL of definitely 4 color lids, and at least 3 color handles (yellow, blue, pink). I'm guessing there is also a black.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom