What were they thinking???

(Taken in March, 1997)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
This is kinda rare:

4927477291_9a6d38d923_b_d.jpg

(Taken in March, 1997)

Ugh, I think I'm going to have nightmares tonight! :p I'm so glad my parents didn't take us to Disney that year, every time I saw a picture of the castle this way I wanted to cry I thought it was going to do permanent damage!

gerryu21220

I feel the same way. Although, it is a pink nightmare, it was still very cool that they converted the castle into a cake.

Sadly, it was the first time I had seen the castle in 19 years, and it's also the last time I saw it. I haven't seen the "real" castle in person in over 32 years! :(

sweetpee_1993

I need to dig thru my late Grampa's slides & find pics of the double deckers that transported guests around World Showcase. We used to love those! My sibs & I would make a bee line to the top front seats so we could pretend we were rich & important & everyone had to move to let us thru (duh..it was a bus). Lol! Love this pic!

tink65

This is kinda rare:

4927477291_9a6d38d923_b_d.jpg

(Taken in March, 1997)

1997 was the first year that I had the chance to go to Disney. I can remember telling my husband that I hope we can come back again when the castle is "normal"........ Little did I know that WDW would beome our family's annual vacation!

parkgoer

Guess where?

CIMG3929.jpg

"I would take a photo of this too if I had a camera" -CM working the lines

CIMG3930.jpg

Not saying the wait wasn't really 240min, but here's a little inside info. Sometimes the wait times are extremely exaggerated to "scare" people away from waiting in the standby line. They do this sometimes when a ride opens back up from being broken and the fastpass line is extremely long. A way they can somewhat control the line without not allowing people to wait in line :)

foreverbelle

Not saying the wait wasn't really 240min, but here's a little inside info. Sometimes the wait times are extremely exaggerated to "scare" people away from waiting in the standby line. They do this sometimes when a ride opens back up from being broken and the fastpass line is extremely long. A way they can somewhat control the line without not allowing people to wait in line :)

Really? That is interesting to know but at the same time I totally believe it.

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
Not one but 2 snakes. Took these pics on the bridge from the castle to frontierland.

If I remember correctly, the "red" snake was a copper head (hard to tell by the pic, but the head was Very large and Very triangular. The other picture is of both snakes. They were fighting and going at it, but the black one slithered away. That is when I took the picture.
DSC00830.jpg

DSC00828.jpg

VDisneyFan18

Not too rare. I've seen the sky writers at least once a trip for the past 4 years. I assume they're from a local church, the sayings usually involve "Hope in God" or "Jesus Loves You :)". Saw it just a few days ago over Old Key West actually!

over this past xmas:xmas: i was on streets of america and it said god loves you in the sky

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom