Picture Challenge - Rare Things

Main Street USA

From January '09 trip, from our Contemporary Resort balcony saw a big SSE hot air balloon inflate out by the lagoon in the early morning. Something I've not seen before or since. They must have been shooting some promotional footage or something. They had it tethered to the ground at all times set to get that pretty early morning sun showcasing the castle in the background. There was another JLG lift off to the left with cameras set up to capture the shot.

Video here and here.

Picture from the cab on the way to breakfast:

SANY0007.jpg
They had that inflated along the road for Marathon weekend, which was in January, so I'm assuming it was there for that reason.

stratman50th

This shot isn't unusual in that it's a photo of the Roy O Disney, however the location is what's not typical. This is the car barn backstage before the train pulls onto the main line. This is where all the Disney RR rolling stock is kept and serviced. Notice the second floor. That's the monorail service area. These were taken during the "The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains" tour. If you love trains and Disney, this one is a must see!

The_Disney_Roundhouse_by_stratman50th.jpg

This is just a cheesy I was there shot::D

Disney02_08.jpg

stratman50th

Here is a photo of me getting an award from Roy Disney for being the number 2 Walt Disney fan in the world!:sohappy:
The little guy next to me with the ears is getting the award for being Walt's number 1 fan!:lol:

IMG_0025small.jpg

Ok, Just kidding............

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Here is a photo of me getting an award from Roy Disney for being the number 2 Walt Disney fan in the world!:sohappy:
The little guy next to me with the ears is getting the award for being Walt's number 1 fan!:lol:

IMG_0025small.jpg

Ok, Just kidding............

:ROFLOL: Hahahahaha, that's funny!

OK, when you stop and think about the original circumstance why Roy and Mickey are posed like that and look solemn, it's sad, but good job spotting a photo op!

Mickey_777

This was rare for us, because the Fastpass kiosk I got them from were for Winnie the Pooh, but they were for PhilHarMagic., AND it gave me one extra ticket I didnt need. We had already gone on PhilHarMagic earlier, so I decided to make someones day. I found a family of 5 that were getting in the standby line and gave them the tickets. At least they were put to good use!

picture.php

This happend to me a couple of weeks ago at MK except it happend at Buzz Lightyear. They gave use extra fastpasses but for Carousel of Progress!!! Disney must do this on busy days to spread people out to less popular attractions or attractions with lots of seats. Funny stuff.

Tigger#1

I doubt they are tied off inside the cad. More likely they have thier fall protection attached to the ring in the back and then just wrapped around their waist and reattaced at the front. If you think abotu it, it would be kind of hard to attach anything to that ring on your back after you put the harness on. So typically you go ahead and attach it before you don the harness so that it is ready when you need it and you don't have to ask someone else to hook it up for you when you are ready to use it.

Where I work you have to tie off anytime your feet are more than 4' above the ground and not protected by hand rails. It's a real pain sometimes to even find something to hook to.:brick:
I also like the frame over the tow tractor looks like they could cover it up with a scrim so it wouldn't look like equipment.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Not entirely rare since it happens every day, but I thought it was cool to see the Earth Globe being brought out into the lagoon.
IMG_1882.JPG

I saw the globe when it was parked next to the theater and the screens on showing the images. They probably test them everyday, I only noticed them because I was checking out the globe and was curious to see how the Globe works.

I was kind of wondering how that boat has never crashed thru the Tom Sawer Island raft loading area.

I remember this, too. That space used to feel so open & expansive. Great pic!

I like that open look to.

kbmum

View of Walt Disney World Village (Downtown Disney) from Americana's Dutch Resort, July 1984. Empress Lily (now Fulton's Crab House) is in the water on the left and Spaceship Earth is on the horizon on the right.

LakeBuenaVistapanorama.jpg

DeltaPhiPunk13

I don't have any pics (CM's wouldn't let us), but my wife and I were on Tower of Terror during the "forward motion" part when the ride shut down. There was an issue with one of the drops so we had to be evacuated. They turned all lights on and we walked into a room and into an elevator to go back down to ground level. It was very cool to see everything with the lights on.

Minnie1976

Commemorative tickets of epcot center purchased in Sept. 1981

I wasn't sure where to post this so I picked Rare things. These are special edition commemorative tickets that were sold before EPCOT Center opened. I think they were 2 day park hoppers(although back then there was no park hopper). We purchased 2 sets in September 1981, 2 adult and 2 child's tickets. We used one set and these are the stubs and envelope that accompanied the tickets. Don't laugh but the other set is in our safety deposit box. Would anyone have any idea how much an unused set would be worth? We were lead to believe they were collectors item.
DSCN5704.jpg

tink2044

I wasn't sure where to post this so I picked Rare things. These are special edition commemorative tickets that were sold before EPCOT Center opened. I think they were 2 day park hoppers(although back then there was no park hopper). We purchased 2 sets in September 1981, 2 adult and 2 child's tickets. We used one set and these are the stubs and envelope that accompanied the tickets. Don't laugh but the other set is in our safety deposit box. Would anyone have any idea how much an unused set would be worth? We were lead to believe they were collectors item.
DSCN5704.jpg
Interesting part of Epcot history.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom