Picking sides...Where do you stand about Disney World...

What team would you belong to?

• Team Disney

Votes: 115 48.3%
  • Team Disney Needs Work

Votes: 113 47.5%
  • Team Disney is dead

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Team Jimmy Thick?

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buried20KLeague

Are you serious? Read any of his post's and tell me their not his opinion. But then again your probably a mind reader and have spent the last couple of years in Jimmy Thick's head. How's that for a dark ride. Did you get a Fastpass?

Mkay. :rolleyes:

Couldn't ride "Thick's Head - The Ride". Apparently it's been 101 for quite some time.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Who says enjoying your vacation and being critical of the level of upkeep are mutually exclusive? It's one thing to not like the park from a creative standpoint and not enjoy time spent there. It's a whole other thing entirely to expect that a creative work you've come to enjoy be properly maintained by the people whose job it is to do so, namely TDO. People would not be going to WDW if they did not like the attractions and entertainment, so it is a little disappointing when glaring maintenance issues are not addressed because it detracts from the experience.

If they experience was so bad, why is the resort filled to capacity almost all year long?

By no means should you go to WDW looking for problems or let it ruin your vacation (and nobody does - after all it is vacation, no matter what happens). At the same time, if everybody ignores decline simply because they want to suppress any feelings of disappointment related to a vacation, then TDO has no incentive to hold themselves to high standards that Disney once set.

How are the standards different now than from the ones Disney once set? Could it just be that the "old days standards" are just something people bring up to make a pointless point? The only difference between now and the "old days" is the advent of the internet and its information where something as pointless and a broken animatronic or burnt out light bulb can be scrutinized and debated on a internet forum, where in the "old days" all you had to go by was word of mouth. Could there have possibly been days in the "old days of high standards" when there were burnt out bulbs and rides operating with broken animatronics, sure, but we will never know because those days are long gone. Disney World has evolved beyond what Walt ever imagined, and its for the better.

To address your second point, what I know is this: Tokyo Disney is near perfect on maintenance and upkeep while still raking in barrels of cash. How does Jimmy Thick explain that?

This isn't about Tokyo Disney, I don't compare parks. I go them and enjoy myself.

Jimmy Thick-Disney World guy.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
If they experience was so bad, why is the resort filled to capacity almost all year long?

This isn't about Tokyo Disney, I don't compare parks. I go them and enjoy myself.

Jimmy Thick-Disney World guy.

If the parks are near capacity, then why doesn't Disney have the funds to repair and maintain them?

Just another way of avoiding the question....

Jimmy Thick- Why answer when you can be thick?

Tom Morrow

This thread proves a lot of things, apparently not all can see just what. Some have touched upon the point Iam making.

For those keeping score at home, I will provide a conclusion once the poll has ended proper, unless I forget about it...

Jimmy Thick-Iam getting old you know...
You started this poll to see how many people think that TDO/WDW needs work because your theory was that most people do not think that. Half answered yes, most of the other half answered "Yes, they do need work but I voted for the first option anyway because I'm a WDW fan for life." etc.

So basically almost everyone agree that the place needs work, yet some feel they are betraying the company or whatever if they voted for the 2nd option.
Proving my point Disney brass will always be 10 steps ahead of the general public, even those than complain about broken bulb, etc...
Defending mediocrity.
Jimmy Thick-Disney knows what they are doing, and doing it well!!!
I don't think anyone on here is complaining that WDW is failing to fill the parks. We know they're not, and none of us have even suggested that. They are failing to backup their MaGiCaL claims and live up to the standard that they built their success on in the first place.

KawaiiBits

I'm probably late popping in on this post. I'm new to the forums, so forgive me.

I love WDW. I love everything (well, almost) everything about it but what I don't love is purely because i'm lazy.. haha. I have been there more times than I can count and I have never left feeling like I had a horrible time.

I think everyone has different expectations and you just can't please everyone. Not even Disney can. Some will complain about the smallest things, some tolerate things that shouldn't be tolerated (speaking of very rude guests at the parks, not employees)

As far as the maint. part goes. I don't think i've walked around for 30 mins at a time without seeing someone clean something. Seriously. Those people are MAGIC. I couldn't imagine keeping those parks clean.. it's like a thousand kids running around. Though, they do have help from the birds. Still. If a ride acts up in the slightest bit they shut it down and get it repaired quickly. I know they take safety very seriously.

I haven't had one time that I have left feeling like I wasted a day or that my time spent at the parks were a fail. My kids love it, I love it and we will love it for years to come!

ght

Proving my point Disney brass will always be 10 steps ahead of the general public, even those than complain about broken bulb, etc...

Jimmy Thick-Disney knows what they are doing, and doing it well!!!

Are you looking at it as a Disney investor or a park guest? What does the Disney brass figuring out they can cheap out in maintenance and not hurt their bottom line have to do with people's complaints about the quality of the show. Nobody is complaining about the impact on the investor, they are complaining about what they view as problems with the quality of the product they are getting. I am not even saying all the complaints are correct (though there are a good number I agree with) but your counter argument isn't very effective because it doesn't really address the concern.

janoimagine

I tried to engage you in a civil discussion free of bad one liners and cheesy catch phrases, back on page 3 ... however you have chosen to dance around the issue and post nonsense. I guess thats what I get for thinking you could actualy respond in a logical and objective manner. My mistake.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
I don't think anyone on here is complaining that WDW is failing to fill the parks. We know they're not, and none of us have even suggested that. They are failing to backup their MaGiCaL claims and live up to the standard that they built their success on in the first place.

What standards are those, and how can they not still be in effect? Unless people can post viable proof the "old days" were these magical times that had these standards the comapny cannot reach in its current form, its just simply a airclaim.

People saying they went to the parks back in the day simply is not good enough, I adored Wrigley Field as a child, I went there last season and it was a dump. Memories romaticize reality.

Jimmy Thick-Will wait patiently for actual proof...

disney fan 13

What standards are those, and how can they not still be in effect? Unless people can post viable proof the "old days" were these magical times that had these standards the comapny cannot reach in its current form, its just simply a airclaim.

People saying they went to the parks back in the day simply is not good enough, I adored Wrigley Field as a child, I went there last season and it was a dump. Memories romaticize reality.

Jimmy Thick-Will wait patiently for actual proof...

want proof on how good a disney resort can be... watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHYz9j0OWSg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU003KkeBAw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU88Bw_ivT8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEdM9gpWAuI

heck... just find me a off effect in these
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRuhXbVycm4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOFBA20vqjk

Heck, i could bring in DLC into this if i felt like it

Tater48

You may start a thread, but it certainly does not BELONG to you. :rolleyes:

jimmy thick...getting thicker by the day

wahmyg.jpg

Thrill

A theme park making over a billion dollars profit is inefficent? I would gladly take those CEO's if I ran a company.

They said it best in the Social Network.

"A million dollars isn't cool. You know what's cool? A billion dollars."

It applies beyond that. You can never have enough profit, and Disney is missing out by spending recklessly.

disney fan 13

They said it best in the Social Network.

"A million dollars isn't cool. You know what's cool? A billion dollars."

It applies beyond that. You can never have enough profit, and Disney is missing out by spending recklessly.

i mean really? drop a billion dollars into next gen, waste 500 mill ( the insider number on avatar) on a weak franchise. for example... go ask someone who two main characters of avatar are. two answers 1. the blue people movie? or 2. ok aung, katara, toff... oh you meant the blue people movie

think of what that money could do for the parks just wasted...

Long time lurker, but even I have to give props to Jimmy Thick, no one is as entertaining on this forum. Easily one of the top 3 posters on this site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom