Picking sides...Where do you stand about Disney World...

What team would you belong to?

• Team Disney

Votes: 115 48.3%
  • Team Disney Needs Work

Votes: 113 47.5%
  • Team Disney is dead

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Team Jimmy Thick?

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buried20KLeague

It's cool, I know you were not bashing...this is a discussion board, i respect your opinion.

Admittedly, you're probably right.. I do not know what I'm missing. In my case, I didn't go to Disney for the first time until 2004, I was an adult by then. Also, I've never been to DL. So in both cases I have nothing to compare my current perception of WDW too.

Some choose to want to pick out everything TDO and WDW could do better... I choose to enjoy what they do right already, and acknowledge their room for improvements, but not harp on it.

I might suggest to you that you try DL for your Disney trip next year (or whenever). It feels the same, but different... And with everything opening this Summer and all the walls coming down in DCA, there's never been a better time to expand your horizons. You wouldn't miss WDW at all. And yes, there's only two parks, but the number of attractions is very close... It's all packed in over there. You'd miss out on water parks, that can't be ignored.

We used to visit WDW for 9 or 10 days at a time twice a year, but now we're passholders at DL. To be completely honest, we still get to WDW (we'll be there in March, actually), but it's only once every 2 or 3 years instead of all the time like it used to be. But there's still stuff at WDW we love to see. Illuminations. Hoop De Doo. Epcot. The Nemo Musical. Etc. DL gets the bulk of our travel dollars, but we're not so blind as to think there's not some stuff to keep us coming to WDW occasionally.

njDizFan

I'm not suprised by the 50/50 split so far(although I would like more members to chime in).

It seems that although some of our most active members may be a little more critical(myself included), there are a legion of fans that don't mind or notice the "decling by degrees" attitude shown by TDO.

Buried20KLeague

I'm not suprised by the 50/50 split so far(although I would like more members to chime in).

It seems that although some of our most active members may be a little more critical(myself included), there are a legion of fans that don't mind or notice the "decling by degrees" attitude shown by TDO.

Well, sure. If there weren't a lot of people out there giving TDO a pass like they are, then TDO wouldn't be able to operate the way it does.

It doesn't surprise me at all that the poll is somewhat even. All that tells me is that TDO knows they aren't past the "breaking point" as far as quality vs. large crowd numbers.

But I'd say it's trending that way... DL's attendance growing while WDW's stays stagnant or decreases... Guest spend at DL going up while going down at WDW...

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster

This is one of my points, why would someone want to waste time being "critical" while on vacation, when one should be enjoying themselves? The parks are not "decling by degrees", thats completely absurd.

A theme park making a billion dollars profits in a fiscal year proves my point rather handsomely.

Jimmy Thick-They still don't get it...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
This is one of my points, why would someone want to waste time being "critical" while on vacation, when one should be enjoying themselves? The parks are not "decling by degrees", thats completely absurd.

A theme park making a billion dollars profits in a fiscal year proves my point rather handsomely.

And now the parks are making a billion in profits? That's quite the feat, considering they are also spending a billion on Avatar.....

No, wait......

Jimmy Thick- Hard to get to anything through all of the thickness.....

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Many of you said "Team Disney does need work, but I still voted Team Disney."

Pointless thread, doesn't prove anything.

This thread proves a lot of things, apparently not all can see just what. Some have touched upon the point Iam making.

For those keeping score at home, I will provide a conclusion once the poll has ended proper, unless I forget about it...

Jimmy Thick-Iam getting old you know...

njDizFan

Quality is not always measured by profitability.

If a business is run correctly there should be profits but let's not kid ourselves, TWDC is a mega-business conglomerate with enough marketing savvy and social media tentacles to spin the average tourist into believing just about anything they wish.

Do you also purchase your food from the chain that has the highest stock price or your television with the company with the highest market share.

ddbowdoin

the movie sucked... they just borrowed themes from different movies and mashed it all together with amazing computer effects

"the force".... they couldnt even change the name !?!?!?!?!?

Lee

Adventurer

Rarely have I ever seen a post I disagree with more than that one. Its just laughable.:ROFLOL:

cowanfamily

Read thick's post that he was replying to and tell me if he's giving you an opinion.

Are you serious? Read any of his post's and tell me their not his opinion. But then again your probably a mind reader and have spent the last couple of years in Jimmy Thick's head. How's that for a dark ride. Did you get a Fastpass?

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Are you serious? Read any of his post's and tell me their not his opinion. But then again your probably a mind reader and have spent the last couple of years in Jimmy Thick's head. How's that for a dark ride. Did you get a Fastpass?

Fastpasses run out right after I blow my nose when I wake up.

Jimmy Thick-Stand by only.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom