Picking sides...Where do you stand about Disney World...

What team would you belong to?

• Team Disney

Votes: 115 48.3%
  • Team Disney Needs Work

Votes: 113 47.5%
  • Team Disney is dead

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Team Jimmy Thick?

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom Morrow

troll.gif

Users here continue to take Jimmys bait; for reasons I don't know :shrug:
Yeah, after that last response to me, there's no way he is serious.

Dragonrider1227

I'm actually in between Team Disney and Team Disney needs work. Sometimes it does need work but not to the point that it ruins the illusion for me. Also, one must take into account that it may not just be Disney in the wrong here. I think guests are more slobs now then they were 30 years ago.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm actually in between Team Disney and Team Disney needs work. Sometimes it does need work but not to the point that it ruins the illusion for me. Also, one must take into account that it may not just be Disney in the wrong here. I think guests are more slobs now then they were 30 years ago.

Trust me...we were slobs 30 years ago, but the maintenance was tighter and they cleaned up our mess quicker.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster

And one cannot find immaculate ride videos of rides at Disney World on Youtube?

Not the best example, but I appreciate the effort.

Jimmy Thick-Didn't think I was posting about Tokyo Disney...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Trust me...we were slobs 30 years ago, but the maintenance was tighter and they cleaned up our mess quicker.

More staff for that work then as well.....

And one cannot find immaculate ride videos of rides at Disney World on Youtube?

Not the best example, but I appreciate the effort.

Jimmy Thick-Didn't think I was posting about Tokyo Disney...

Pretty good video of how poorly WDW maintained it's AAs on Splash in the other forum. Of course, that may not exactly be beneficial to your supposed argument.....

Jimmy Thick- Because after all, in some areas of the world, thickness is a virtue.....

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
They said it best in the Social Network.

"A million dollars isn't cool. You know what's cool? A billion dollars."

It applies beyond that. You can never have enough profit, and Disney is missing out by spending recklessly.

Spending recklessly? I was under the impression they were not spending at all...

Iam so con-fused.

Jimmy Thick-Channeling Barbarino

Thrill

Spending recklessly? I was under the impression they were not spending at all...

Iam so con-fused.

When they spend, they spend inefficiently (when compared to similar projects). If Potter is under $200 million, why is Fantasyland over $300 million?

Disney doesn't necessarily need to triple their budget or anything. Learning how to spend the money that is in their budget wisely is a start. A slight expansion in it would do them well, but not spending $1-1.5 billion on NextGen could be a way to improve the parks without a significant cost increase.

puntagordabob

I'm not suprised by the 50/50 split so far(although I would like more members to chime in).

It seems that although some of our most active members may be a little more critical(myself included), there are a legion of fans that don't mind or notice the "decling by degrees" attitude shown by TDO.

More likely many of the casual fans who are "a little more critical" as you say...likely they jumped ship for greener pastures since they have no loyalty to all things Disney like we do...hence we do not hear from them lol.

Rarely have I ever seen a post I disagree with more than that one. Its just laughable.:ROFLOL:

+1 ....and Yours Lee is a post I DO 100% agree with! :) lol I think Mister Thick is looking to take a PR job and is practicing here. Maybe he could work for Carnival Cruises... PR officer Jimmy Thick reported to CNN today regarding the Costa Concordia episode as being misreported... Jimmy stated-> "The Costa Concordia did not sink..but rather this is part of our 'Adventures by Carnival Series: Live The Titanic' where our passengers can experience the thrills of the the thrills of the voyage of the Titanic!"

Proving my point Disney brass will always be 10 steps ahead of the general public, even those than complain about broken bulb, etc...

Jimmy Thick-Disney knows what they are doing, and doing it well!!!

Really? Seems like the Harry Potterland episode was a rather large shock to the Disney leadership. Not saying they cannot recover and compensate...still though they have acted rather unprepared during the initial stages of Universal Orlando's moves.

As for your Jimmy Quotes... please stop... I cannot stop laughing.

..... Jimmy in all seriousness....I love Walt Disney World... but in 2010 my wife and I had the pleasure of leaving WDW property to travel to Disneyland resort on the same day.... it was a REALLY unpleasent surprise to witness the disaprity of how the two resorts were operated (October 2010)... I do not want to get into a debate with you....but I do challenge you to visit BOTH resorts during the SAME trip and THEN come back and let us know how you feel then.

yeti

Jimmy Thick- the driving force of the forum!!!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

*looks at his poll count: 2.19%*

....yeah Jimbo, you've really left your mark all right.

I chose team Disney. I don't go as much as other people, 7 kids is tough on the old wallet, so when i go I only go to enjoy myself. I'll leave the nitpicking to the doom and gloomer's.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I chose team Disney. I don't go as much as other people, 7 kids is tough on the old wallet, so when i go I only go to enjoy myself. I'll leave the nitpicking to the doom and gloomer's.

What you mean to say is....

"I'll take whatever TDO gives me and be happy with it. Who cares if they have become so lax on maintenance and updates that the product is deteriorating year over year, even while the cost of a disney vacation increases to the point that I can barely even get there anymore."

cowanfamily

What you mean to say is....

"I'll take whatever TDO gives me and be happy with it. Who cares if they have become so lax on maintenance and updates that the product is deteriorating year over year, even while the cost of a disney vacation increases to the point that I can barely even get there anymore."

Will you please leave your dead horse alone! I think you have beat him enough.:brick::brick::brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom