Picking sides...Where do you stand about Disney World...

What team would you belong to?

• Team Disney

Votes: 115 48.3%
  • Team Disney Needs Work

Votes: 113 47.5%
  • Team Disney is dead

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Team Jimmy Thick?

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yes, insulting people on a forum dedicated to Disney World, very mature.

Right up there with incessant polls designed to divide people into ready-made sects, or never-ending self promotion of oneself by declaring he is the "driving force of the forum."

But, to each their own I suppose.....

jmicro59

First off, well done... this was much better than "Should Disney open its doors to JUST resort guests"

I'm in the minority on this one.. I'm Team Disney. Listen, I'm never going to deny that the parks need a lot of work. But I've got news for you, that's the cycle, such is life. I plunk down my hard earned money to take my kids on a Disney vacation... You really think i'm going to let a non-working Yeti ruin my vacation? The first time my 3 year old looked down Main Street, and saw Cinderella's Castle, brought tears to my eyes and will be a memory i will carry forever. I most certainly was not sitting there saying "Oh look that lightbulb is out, just ruining the magic for me already"

We go to Disney because we love it there. There will always be room for improvement, just like anything else in this world. If we ever stop having fun we'll stop going. Not everything has to be disected down to it's last nut and bolt.

Excellent post and agree 100%. It is after all just a theme park and it's us, and only us that make it a special place to go.

Captain Chaos

Why do I have a feeling we have either:

1) an reincarnation of a recently banned troll

OR

2) Someone created another account here to help prop up his failing ego???

What you mean to say is....

"I'll take whatever TDO gives me and be happy with it. Who cares if they have become so lax on maintenance and updates that the product is deteriorating year over year, even while the cost of a disney vacation increases to the point that I can barely even get there anymore."

I don't understand where this reply is coming from or how it relates to my original post. Tdo has nothing to do with me being able to afford a vacation, that falls squarely on me, and having 7 children ages 3-16 makes it very expensive. Don't know what lax maintenance has to do with that.

Right up there with incessant polls designed to divide people into ready-made sects, or never-ending self promotion of oneself by declaring he is the "driving force of the forum."

But, to each their own I suppose.....

No, it's not right up there, it's not even close. Insulting people on a forum dedicated to Disney World, a forum my children post at and contribute to is classless and unwarranted, not to mention rude. If you cannot reply with respect to my posts, don't reply at all.

Buried20KLeague

No, it's not right up there, it's not even close. Insulting people on a forum dedicated to Disney World, a forum my children post at and contribute to is classless and unwarranted, not to mention rude. If you cannot reply with respect to my posts, don't reply at all.

Da internetz iz seriuz bizniss!

:rolleyes:

This forum is moderated in a way that protects your children's eyes from that which a quick google search would blind. And they do a decent job of it, I believe.

But that doesn't mean it has to be all high fives and encouraging words of love. When someone deserves to be called out, they will be. Sort of like how you just did.

Ironic, no?

Edit to add: Respect here is earned. It's not inherent to signing up to post... Especially when in the first 12 posts you've made, most of them have been to argue with people. A friendly tip: that sort of thing won't allow you to last long 'round these here parts.

Why do I have a feeling we have either:

1) an reincarnation of a recently banned troll

OR

2) Someone created another account here to help prop up his failing ego???

Is this supposed to be directed at me? I was under the impression it was against the rules to have multiple accounts, and I'm sure they can check.

Da internetz iz seriuz bizniss!

:rolleyes:

This forum is moderated in a way that protects your children's eyes from that which a quick google search would blind. And they do a decent job of it, I believe.

But that doesn't mean it has to be all high fives and encouraging words of love. When someone deserves to be called out, they will be. Sort of like how you just did.

Ironic, no?
Calling out people in a discussion is one thing, insulting people just to insult them is uncalled for.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I don't understand where this reply is coming from or how it relates to my original post. Tdo has nothing to do with me being able to afford a vacation, that falls squarely on me, and having 7 children ages 3-16 makes it very expensive. Don't know what lax maintenance has to do with that.

Of course.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Well, I'm glad your children post here (although I'm not quite sure what that has to do with your posts), but what I said earlier was neither offensive or inappropriate at any age. Keep up the effort though!

And as for the OP, this is the same individual who has suggested that WDW should be for resort guests only, that the parks made a billion dollars profit last year (and then are spending it all on Avatar), and has now said anyone not entirely supportive of TDO is thereby deemed against them. So in the end, who is truly insulting whom?

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
This thread has officially...

Jumping-the-Shark--91655.jpg

Although I like this Rivers guy, he has potential.

Jimmy Thick-Time for Team Disney to take control...

Captain Chaos

This thread has officially...

Jumping-the-Shark--91655.jpg

Although I like this Rivers guy, he has potential.

Jimmy Thick-Time for Team Disney to take control...

Of course you like the guy.. Kind hard to hate oneself... Or a friend who has been asked to come on a Disney fan site and troll for a failure...

Well, I'm glad your children post here (although I'm not quite sure what that has to do with your posts), but what I said earlier was neither offensive or inappropriate at any age. Keep up the effort though!

And as for the OP, this is the same individual who has suggested that WDW should be for resort guests only, that the parks made a billion dollars profit last year (and then are spending it all on Avatar), and has now said anyone not entirely supportive of TDO is thereby deemed against them. So in the end, who is truly insulting whom?
Why should my children be forced to read insulting posts on a Disney forum? Every post you have made in this thread to jimmy thick has a snarky, insulting response. And if you go even further, almost every thread jimmy makes has you doing the same thing. It's sad, and uncalled for but ultimately embarrassing. You now go on ignore, I don't play childish games.

Rowdy

Is this supposed to be directed at me? I was under the impression it was against the rules to have multiple accounts, and I'm sure they can check.

It's completely possible to have a totally different and untraceable IP in literally a matter of a minute.

As far as your children posting here, what are their user names? What took you so long to join? Or did they just join 6 days ago as well? :rolleyes:

It's completely possible to have a totally different and untraceable IP in literally a matter of a minute.

As far as your children posting here, what are their user names? What took you so long to join? Or did they just join 6 days ago as well? :rolleyes:

I don't know anything about untraceable ip or what that is, so you got me there. I'm posting from a plastics plant in Pennsylvania if that helps. As for my children, why would a adult ask for their usernames? To harrass them? Isn't that against the rules here?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom