PI Rumors - New Restaurants

WDW Vacationer

Thanks.:wave:

Still,and this may sound stupid for me to say...

Will noise absolutely ruin the experience? It will only happen 2-4 times in the course of a visit.

jt04

I already acknowledged Ice Bar as a good idea. I was talking about the hot dog place as the second.

You really think a chain BBQ place is different? Why because it's going to have motorcycle noises blaring in your ear every few minutes? Honestly, the last thing DTD needs after T-Rex and Rainforest is another loud restaurant.

Mind if I get back to you on this one? I'd like to make a well thought out response.

I would expect nothing less. This isn't that other place :zipit:

:lol:

WDW Vacationer

This is DISNEY, we are talking here. Did you see the stuff at the D23 Parks and Resorts Center? Let's see some of that. Something ORIGINAL.

Time! Time!

It will happen! Remember what I said in another thread? We are about to enter another Disney decade.

The return of great films,DCA,FL,HK Expansion...and more.;)

SirGoofy

Thanks.:wave:

Still,and this may sound stupid for me to say...

Will noise absolutely ruin the experience? It will only happen 2-4 times in the course of a visit.

To me it's the only "gimmick" the place has. It's a motorcycle themed BBQ place. I don't see anything special, nor enjoyable about having these sounds blaring when I'm eating.

I expect something special,not annoying.:shrug:

WDW Vacationer

To me it's the only "gimmick" the place has. It's a motorcycle themed BBQ place. I don't see anything special, nor enjoyable about having these sounds blaring when I'm eating.

I expect something special,not annoying.:shrug:
If it delivers in food,quality themeing and service,who gives two hoots about a motorcycle sound for a couple minutes every 22 minutes?
Really not a big deal.

And you can use that "motorcyle themed BBQ place" thing for SO many other Disney things it's not even funny.

Most Disney restaurants have a specific type of food with a specic theme. Prime Time,Mama Melroses,WS Restaurants..

SirGoofy

Most Disney restaurants have a specific type of food with a specic theme. Prime Time,Mama Melroses,WS Restaurants..

Yea? And they all have things that make them extra-ordinary.

I see no difference bewteen this, T-Rex, and Rainforest. To me it's all the same with different noises playing every so often.

SirGoofy

I'll enjoy delicious BBQ at the Backfire BBQ and you guys can sit at your computers and complain about how much DtD stinks.

Listen, it's not the food. It's that it's a generic chain restaurant.

Disney has been touting that the change will bring a "bold new vision". I find nothing bold nor new about this. You do. Good for you. I'll skip it and get better BBQ where I live.

MAF

This was in the Backfire BBQ website "Every 22 minutes, the booming sounds and vibrations of motorcycles revving their engines will rip through the dining room.".

:eek:...and Disney is actually considering putting this trainwreck at Downtown Disney? There are no words.

Scooter

Not sure why people are so upset about chain Restaurants in WDW.

There are 2 Rainforest Cafe's there..no one is complaining
There are several McDonalds...no one is complaining
Coke Products are sold in every park on every corner..no one is complaining.

and last of all...every burger, all chicken nuggets, and all fries sold at every counter service on Disney property are identical...no one complains.

We should used to same old same old by now.

Now all we need is a Burger King, a Chick Fila, and a KFC ..MMmmm!:slurp::lol:

SirGoofy

I don't complain, but I sure don't go there.

There's 2. And I'd rather not have them there, and I'm glad they're out of the parks

Seriously?

and last of all...every burger, all chicken nuggets, and all fries sold ay every counter service on Disney property are identical...no one complains.

Actually one of the biggest complaints about food is the homogenization of it.

jt04

Not sure why people are so upset about chain Restaurants in WDW.

and last of all...every burger, all chicken nuggets, and all fries sold at every counter service on Disney property are identical...no one complains.

We should used to same old same old by now.

Now all we need is a Burger King, a Chick Fila, and a KFC ..MMmmm!:slurp::lol:

It's funny, everyone praises CityWalk and there are several restaurants that are actual chain restaurants. The OCC BBQ concept is hardly a chain as there is only one.

Don't forget, it would evidently feature some OCC bikes on display besides the fact the aethetics look great and the food sounds awesome. You can't get Kansas City style BBQ too many places in central Florida. Is it for everyone? No. But that is the whole point. Creating an amazing and varied set of choices not duplicated anywhere in the US in just one locale. Not even Citywalk.

MAF

Don't forget, it would evidently feature some OCC bikes on display besides the fact the aethetics look great and the food sounds awesome.

Oh please, does your everlasting hard-on for Disney ever cease? Sheesh...:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom