PI Rumors - New Restaurants

jt04

I think the general population knows my thoughts on PI. You certainly do too. I'll be mindful to post them, just for you.:lol:

You want my ideas? I don't have very many for this plot of land, seeing that I am not THAT involved with it. I hardly think that it demaerits my input and discussion and opinion on it.

Here, off the top of my head: Keep the AC, Walt Disney World Museum. Happy? I am.

I agree with keeping the AC or make it something similar. I'm not sure WDW has been around long enough to warrent a museum. But when they do decide to create one, I nominate Martin to be the curator.

EPCOT Explorer

I agree with keeping the AC or make it something similar. I'm not sure WDW has been around long enough to warrent a museum. But when they do decide to create one, I nominate Martin to be the curator.

I think 40 years and countless stories of attractions, concepts and shows is more than enough.

SirGoofy

You and I don't agree a lot, JT, but I'm with you on the bolded.

As for AC staying, I don't think it would survive where it is without PI around it. Now, if a new facility was built at say AKL or Wilderness Lodge, that would be perfect.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
See my comment to EE above. Seriously, if you were in charge suddenly and your only rules were that you had to rebuild a DTD that allowed the free flow of crowds and include facilities that did not exclude families from certain areas, what would you do? It seems that small facilities such as Sosa's and the Ice Bar are acceptable to Disney. Again these would not have the effect of driving people away. So, create your bold new vision and share your brilliance. We are waiting. :)

Ok I'll take ya up on that. Reopen Mannequins, 8-trax, AC, and CW. Your crowd will consist of older folks(and ppl like me) who like 70s and 80s as well as europeans and the segment who like dance music. No hip hop and I say that not because I don't like it, but because the hip hop clubs are the ones with fights and quite frankly, you can get hip hop anywhere. Having a dedicated dance and 70s/80s club was unique to Orlando. That's all I'm gonna say before I get in trouble.

CW and AC are both excellent venues for the family. Both shows started more family friendly early and got more adult oriented at night.

Additionally, use the roller skating rink that was originally built and used inside RRBC, if memory serves. Let the kids go in there and have fun under Disney supervision while using a hand stamp/ID system when parents come back. Think it's crazy? It existed in PI's first days, but because it took 5 years for PI to get popular/make a profit and thus put CSS out of business, they made some radical changes in the beginning, which included closing this concept. And before I get chastised for the idea that drunk parents are dragging their kids to the hotel, I simply point to EPCOT.

bulldoze Motion to open up foot traffic.

Turn BET into a place similar to the whopper bar location at Citywalk.

so let's recap:
You have 2 places for families to visit together
2 places for adults
1 place for kids
1 place for food catered to the late night eating crowd.
1 open walkway MP to WS.

oh and the money aspect? outsource mannequins/8-trax and/or get corporate sponsors.
I know it's a foreign concept to Disney, but maybe some actual MERCHANDISE would help drive profits up. AC, CW, Manequins, and 8-trax specific merch would do well.
I also know Disney has a very hard time marketing things, but maybe if they click their heels 3x and wish, ppl might actually respond to a promotion. Just a crazy thought.

Thoughts?

jt04

Ok I'll take ya up on that. Reopen Mannequins, 8-trax, AC, and CW. Your crowd will consist of older folks(and ppl like me) who like 70s and 80s as well as europeans and the segment who like dance music. No hip hop and I say that not because I don't like it, but because the hip hop clubs are the ones with fights and quite frankly, you can get hip hop anywhere. Having a dedicated dance and 70s/80s club was unique to Orlando. That's all I'm gonna say before I get in trouble.

CW and AC are both excellent venues for the family. Both shows started more family friendly early and got more adult oriented at night.

Additionally, use the roller skating rink that was originally built and used inside RRBC, if memory serves. Let the kids go in there and have fun under Disney supervision while using a hand stamp/ID system when parents come back. Think it's crazy? It existed in PI's first days, but because it took 5 years for PI to get popular/make a profit and thus put CSS out of business, they made some radical changes in the beginning, which included closing this concept. And before I get chastised for the idea that drunk parents are dragging their kids to the hotel, I simply point to EPCOT.

bulldoze Motion to open up foot traffic.

Turn BET into a place similar to the whopper bar location at Citywalk.

so let's recap:
You have 2 places for families to visit together
2 places for adults
1 place for kids
1 place for food catered to the late night eating crowd.
1 open walkway MP to WS.

oh and the money aspect? outsource mannequins/8-trax and/or get corporate sponsors.
I know it's a foreign concept to Disney, but maybe some actual MERCHANDISE would help drive profits up. AC, CW, Manequins, and 8-trax specific merch would do well.
I also know Disney has a very hard time marketing things, but maybe if they click their heels 3x and wish, ppl might actually respond to a promotion. Just a crazy thought.

Thoughts?

Not bad!

My big difference of opinion would be Mannequins. DTD could really use a dinner show or themed Disney restaurant. Somebody suggested Tiana's Restaurant in that location.

Of course I think Disney will be quite a bit bolder than the suggestions here. And if the rumors are true, we should have a better idea soon after the new year.

Thanks for your thoughts.

GymLeaderPhil

Just throwing it out there.

Maybe some kind of Disney university, hour or two long sessions on how movies are made these days with participation, make your own very short film. Would require the newest computer tech, like South Park does it. Design your own princess stuff.

Anything to get DTD more Disneylike and less like every other shopping center I see.
It was called the Disney Institute.

Nobody wanted to learn on their vacation.

It's now DVC. [/end history]

(Oh and it's bolder now. Apparently results in less and less innovation...)

protiius

i like the idea of the disney museum...would the old virgin megastore building be big enough? :shrug:

i would like the ice bar and some kind of dinner show, but can't think of anything else right now...

jt04

Why?

I'm being serious. What do you find so exciting about two generic restaurants?

I don't want to "doom and gloom" here(it's really not my intention), but I don't see what can be so exciting here.

So, I pose the magic question to you. If you were in charge and had only a couple parameters to follow what would you do?????

Here are the parameters as I see them. DTD must allow (even encourage) traffic flow, while not relying on any venues that would discourage any and all guests from actively exploring the complex (as PI did...right or wrong).

SirGoofy

The American Chopper and Ice Bar are very different concepts that have potential.

I already acknowledged Ice Bar as a good idea. I was talking about the hot dog place as the second.

You really think a chain BBQ place is different? Why because it's going to have motorcycle noises blaring in your ear every few minutes? Honestly, the last thing DTD needs after T-Rex and Rainforest is another loud restaurant.

So, I pose the magic question to you. If you were in charge and had only a couple parameters to follow what would you do?????

Here are the parameters as I see them. DTD must allow (even encourage) traffic flow, while not relying on any venues that would discourage any and all guests from actively exploring the complex (as PI did...right or wrong).

Mind if I get back to you on this one? I'd like to make a well thought out response.

WDW Vacationer

Did I miss something?

I don't recall hearing I would have motorcycle noises blasted in my ear.

The hot dog place...execution will be key.

You really can't judge something when it has not been announced and we know very little about what they will be like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom