PI Rumors - New Restaurants

Thurp

This was in the Backfire BBQ website "Every 22 minutes, the booming sounds and vibrations of motorcycles revving their engines will rip through the dining room."

That's the stuff nightmares are made out of.

Also, by looking at the menu http://www.backfirebarbeque.com/the_hogpit_lunch_dinner.html it looks as if the menu consists of the same type of stuff as at their other 2 restaurants plus about 4 uninspired, standard, BBQ items. And based on how their food tastes in their other chains, I will bet right now that everything will taste average. Not good, not bad. Just average.

How this company stays in business is beyond me.

SirGoofy

This was in the Backfire BBQ website "Every 22 minutes, the booming sounds and vibrations of motorcycles revving their engines will rip through the dining room."

That's the stuff nightmares are made out of.

south_park.png

Seriously...reminds me of this episode.:lol:

Testtrack321

How this company stays in business is beyond me.

Ditto. It just all seems so, generic. It's like they could have all four of these places facing outward in a circular fashion and have one massive kitchen prep all the same bland food over and over again.

pilka214

Commenting on the Ice bar concept. I have visited the one already in Orlando on I drive. It is a very nice establishment and does a good business.

What really makes it nice is it's actually two bars. the one is public, called the fire lounge, and you don't pay an admission to enter it. In order to get into the Ice bar you pay something like $20 which includes a coat rental and an alcoholic beverage which comes in a "glass" made of ice, which you can then proceed to break on a wall.

I think it would be a cool thing to see at PI, but it's not a bar where you go multiple times, it's really a one time deal.

overdrive

Yeah I agree, no bold new vision here. Appathy if you ask me, they really don't care what goes in as long as they are a paying tennet. Doesn't Paradiso 37 already serve hotdogs? Maybe Chucky cheese can go in one of the vacant buildings, or what about Monkey Joes. These would really work well next to the Irish pub, Cigar shop and the Tequila bar. Bold, very bold new vision. Looks like aimless wandering to me, the same stuff that has run DTD into the ground. Is management ever going to step up?

JT thinks a place serving waffles would be a bold new vision, although there are several waffle joints within minutes. Thats really not bold, sadly its sub par for disney. :(

protiius

i reckon the ice bar sounds exciting, i've always wanted to go to one (drinking vodka out of glasses made from ice :slurp:)...reminds me of the coke installation that they had in epcot a few years back! (except with booze :D)

SirGoofy

i reckon the ice bar sounds exciting, i've always wanted to go to one (drinking vodka out of glasses made from ice :slurp:)...reminds me of the coke installation that they had in epcot a few years back! (except with booze :D)

I'm not a vodka fan, but I'd love to have a martini from an ice-glass. Very Bond-esque.:drevil:

Just throwing it out there.

Maybe some kind of Disney university, hour or two long sessions on how movies are made these days with participation, make your own very short film. Would require the newest computer tech, like South Park does it. Design your own princess stuff.

Anything to get DTD more Disneylike and less like every other shopping center I see.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Ditto. It just all seems so, generic. It's like they could have all four of these places facing outward in a circular fashion and have one massive kitchen prep all the same bland food over and over again.

mannequins and 8-trax share a kitchen....just sayin

jt04

Oh no, don't misunderstand me. I think it's an awesome idea. I'd definitely visit while I'm there.

This is what I worry about. The cost of running such a place, but as it has been said there is one on I Drive. That being said, I;ve seen the building, and it didn't seem very big, and I don't know what the scale of this one would be.

There is room for many small specialized venues like this one. It's not my cup of tea but it is the kind of thing that would develop it's own local following and be a nice draw for 95% of WDW guests who have never experienced such a thing and wouldn't be inclined to go out of their way if they had one in their home town.

Wow, what vision Disney had in picking these.:)

As usual you make comments without any follow up. Stir the pot, goad others to do your bidding, make snarky comments and flee to another thread to do the same thing. That said, how about putting some substantive creative criticism out there instead of, "they closed PI because they are cheap and I want PI back even though I really don't know much about it" mantra. PI and the clubs ain't returning to DTD. So what is you bold new "plan b" if you were in charge? Huh? :shrug:

You were right JT if this is true DTD is going to be awsome :rolleyes:

See my comment to EE above. Seriously, if you were in charge suddenly and your only rules were that you had to rebuild a DTD that allowed the free flow of crowds and include facilities that did not exclude families from certain areas, what would you do? It seems that small facilities such as Sosa's and the Ice Bar are acceptable to Disney. Again these would not have the effect of driving people away. So, create your bold new vision and share your brilliance. We are waiting. :)

Yeah I agree, no bold new vision here. Appathy if you ask me, they really don't care what goes in as long as they are a paying tennet. Doesn't Paradiso 37 already serve hotdogs? Maybe Chucky cheese can go in one of the vacant buildings, or what about Monkey Joes. These would really work well next to the Irish pub, Cigar shop and the Tequila bar. Bold, very bold new vision. Looks like aimless wandering to me, the same stuff that has run DTD into the ground. Is management ever going to step up?

JT thinks a place serving waffles would be a bold new vision, although there are several waffle joints within minutes. Thats really not bold, sadly its sub par for disney. :(

I'd like to see many venues that serve different foods you can't get anywhere else. Kind of like a miniature World Showcase. And if you had ever had real waffles of the kind I mentioned you would never enter a "waffle house" again. Trust me, people would make special trips to DTD just for a treat you can't get anywhere else in the region. I have many other ideas for other similar venues that collectively would work just as the WS food venues work. And at least I put my ideas out there instead of dismissing every idea that is not the tired and stale PI.

*end of rant*

:wave:

EPCOT Explorer

As usual you make comments without any follow up. Stir the pot, goad others to do your bidding, make snarky comments and flee to another thread to do the same thing. That said, how about putting some substantive creative criticism out there instead of, "they closed PI because they are cheap and I want PI back even though I really don't know much about it" mantra. PI and the clubs ain't returning to DTD. So what is you bold new "plan b" if you were in charge? Huh? :shrug:
:ROFLOL:

Pot, Kettle, Black, "Way to go, TDO!" :wave:

I'm happy that you think I have others to do my bidding, though. :) That adds to it.

Now then, constructive, creative, confounding criticism: These restaurants are hopelessly generic, look nice, but will not reflect Disney's true potential and creativity when they had a BOLD NEW CHANCE at remaking Pleasure Island, which was already a unique and wonderfully Disney venue, albeit a bit neglected.

Enjoy, I have to pack.:wave:

TURKEY

There is room for many small specialized venues like this one. It's not my cup of tea but it is the kind of thing that would develop it's own local following and be a nice draw for 95% of WDW guests who have never experienced such a thing and wouldn't be inclined to go out of their way if they had one in their home town.

See my comment to EE above. Seriously, if you were in charge suddenly and your only rules were that you had to rebuild a DTD that allowed the free flow of crowds and include facilities that did not exclude families from certain areas, what would you do? It seems that small facilities such as Sosa's and the Ice Bar are acceptable to Disney. Again these would not have the effect of driving people away. So, create your bold new vision and share your brilliance. We are waiting. :)

Sosa and an Ice Bar aren't very family friendly is all.

jt04

:ROFLOL:

Pot, Kettle, Black, "Way to go, TDO!" :wave:

I'm happy that you think I have others to do my bidding, though. :) That adds to it.

Now then, constructive, creative, confounding criticism: These restaurants are hopelessly generic, look nice, but will not reflect Disney's true potential and creativity when they had a BOLD NEW CHANCE at remaking Pleasure Island, which was already a unique and wonderfully Disney venue, albeit a bit neglected.

Enjoy, I have to pack.:wave:

Whether I am a critic of something or not I always add my specific ideas on what I would rather see them do or how it could be improved...even when saying "way to go TDO".

But I can't help noticing you did not say what you would do to fix DTD with any specifics as usual. I guess you are afraid Disney would steal your ideas. :lol:

jt04

Sosa and an Ice Bar aren't very family friendly is all.

Seriously? How can you still not get the difference? Families can eat and are welcome at 37 or RR.

PI was an entirely different situation. Even if they added an "ice bar" it would not have the effect that PI did on many visitors whether they are locals or guests staying on property. Utterly and completely apples and oranges.

So, if you were put in charge what would you do? Be specific. I eagerly await the details if you can be bothered. Some folks can only critisize.

EPCOT Explorer

Whether I am a critic of something or not I always add my specific ideas on what I would rather see them do or how it could be improved...even when saying "way to go TDO".

But I can't help noticing you did not say what you would do to fix DTD with any specifics as usual. I guess you are afraid Disney would steal your ideas. :lol:

I think the general population knows my thoughts on PI. You certainly do too. I'll be mindful to post them, just for you.:lol:

You want my ideas? I don't have very many for this plot of land, seeing that I am not THAT involved with it. I hardly think that it demaerits my input and discussion and opinion on it.

Here, off the top of my head: Keep the AC, Walt Disney World Museum. Happy? I am.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom