Photos - Storybook Circus soft opening

TheBeatles

Dumbo is supposed to be the star of the circus, so that is why his area looks brand new.

Barnstormer is set up in a barn, which is why it looks worn and the train station is supposed to be a existing station--which is older than the circus--that the circus pulled into.

nc_disneyfreak

looks amazing!

wow is all i can say...after months of speculation we finally get a glimpse! the water under dumbo looks awesome, the great goofini with the new theming looks great, the new bathrooms even make me want to hang out in there but ill get in trouble lol....and the train station....WHOA lol...all in all everything is coming along better than i thought and i can wait for the upcoming steps in opening little by little....my family and i just looked at the pics and cannot wait till out april 28th to may 5th trip! going to be amazing!

jt04

Well the train station is a grand slam on the exterior for sure. But is there more to the interior than restrooms?:veryconfu There appeared to be several sets of doors facing the train in the photos posted a few days ago. Not sure what that is or if it is something that will open later. Seems like there is more to be revealed with the station in the part of the building with the highest roofline.

The reference to Walt is perfect, the train station makes the Circus area and is so far beyond Dinorama IMO. Awesome job TDO! Just awesome. :sohappy:

Can't wait for the entire FLE to be opened. :)

Timothy_Q

A circus themed dark ride would really tie the land together.
Something using the trackless ride system from tokyo would be amazing

and they could easily fit one behind the tents. PLENTY of space available

jt04

My daughter and I went to MK this morning just to walk around..we rode the train first thing. Stopped at the Fantasyland station..cast members said to please remain seated, this is not a stop "at this time". After sitting there for a couple minutes we were informed that we would be the first guests to disembark at the new Fantasyland train station..what a surprise and something I will be able to tell my daughter about when she is older (she is 2). So happens they opened the area at the exact moment our train was approaching the station. We ran straight to Dumbo before the crowd grew and was able to ride....what a surprise. Area looks great, and the tommorrowland pathway was open and no interactive queue yet for the posters that asked those questions.:sohappy:

Great story and welcome to the boards!:wave:

pppapazo

I have no info to state one way or another, but they could be trying to make the two dumbos different and give each a unique vibe. Kinda like how Space Mountain has two different tracks, they may have one carousel that Ms Jumbo and Stork, and the other maybe Timothy and Crows or something like that. I would find it odd to take Timothy out of the ride, since he's the second most major character probably from the movie, and was instrumental in helping Dumbo fly.

I doubt that the two spinners will be different, but I have a strong suspicion that we'll be seeing Timothy Mouse inside Dumbo's Circus Tent.

But count me among those disappointed with how visible the tent's show building is from the coaster. Especially since it looks like they're not even planning on planting more trees in between them.

alindley

Random question regarding the CM's uniforms...Does Disney provide their shoes or are the CM's required to get all black shoes on their own? Never really noticed this before, but I would think Disney would supply them to provide continuity between everyone.

Disney recently started providing shoes for Food and Beverage CM's but not any other positions to the best of my knowledge. The F&B was more of a safety so they could guarantee they had non-slip shoes. They are required to buy a certain color of shoe for their position. Some jobs and different locations have specific requirements.

As for storybook, love the water features. Will look great once everything is opened

CrescentLake

Looks fantastic, way better than Toontown. I must say, Storybook Circus did not excite me when it was announced, but so far, I'm eating my words. Really, the details are awesome.

My one problem is Dumbo's building. IMHO it should NOT be visible from the Barnstormer. Something should be done about that. Other than that though, no complaints!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Looks fantastic, way better than Toontown. I must say, Storybook Circus did not excite me when it was announced, but so far, I'm eating my words. Really, the details are awesome.

My one problem is Dumbo's building. IMHO it should NOT be visible from the Barnstormer. Something should be done about that. Other than that though, no complaints!

Hopefully something will be done in that area. There are certainly signs that there is still work to do there. Fingers crossed.

Ceekling

It looks so fabulous, but I could cry! We just left there this morning! I was really hoping for a soft opening yesterday so we could get a glimpse before we left. :(

vinnya1726

Amazing...If the rest of this project turns out like this even the critics will have to eat some crew. Great Job Disney. I cannot wait to see it in person.

Megavolt

Amazing...If the rest of this project turns out like this even the critics will have to eat some crew. Great Job Disney. I cannot wait to see it in person.

Why would they eat crow? It is amazing placemaking, but hardly revolutionary attractions. The one thing I am seeing everyone say is that it looks nice, but nothing about the actual attractions. The item that is most commented on is water under Dumbo, which all the resorts (except Tokyo) have had for over a decade. Fountains do not equal amazing attractions. This could be so much more. :shrug:

George Lucas on a Bench

What's the view like from Dumbo? Tough to tell from the pics, will it potentially be nice at the end of construction? I liked it better in the middle of Fantasyland. Here it feels isolated inside of this structure and kind of...grounded.

Skipper Dan

Everything looks gorgoeus!

what about those ugly remaining structures from toon town in the other side of the train tracks? Won't they retheme those?

I was thinking the same thing! I always would diverge people's attention away from those details, 'cause I thought it was the worst theming, in any Disney park. So they go out of their way to do this incredible new station, but leave those ugly old details. :ROFLOL:

But seriously, everything looks great. Very impressed. But am I the only one who thinks it shouldn't have taken 'em this long to do it? I mean, I know it's opened first, but still, isn't it taking as long to build this 'expansion', as it took to build Epcot? Not sure, but somethin' seems a little screwy there, lol. :lookaroun :animwink:

But everything does look great... very impressed. :cool:

invader

Okay, a few things I noticed...

1) Those costumes! LOL, do the capris make people look shorter or is it me?
2) Did they not do anything to the Barnstormer's coaster track? It looks very worn.
3) It all looks very cartoonish, which I don't think MK needs more of.

All in all, it looks pretty amazing. Disney did a great job with the land, let's only hope they keep it up.

wdw71fan

Okay, a few things I noticed...

1) Those costumes! LOL, do the capris make people look shorter or is it me?
2) Did they not do anything to the Barnstormer's coaster track? It looks very worn.
3) It all looks very cartoonish, which I don't think MK needs more of.

All in all, it looks pretty amazing. Disney did a great job with the land, let's only hope they keep it up.

Barnstormers track looks brand new, not sure what you are talking about?? It was stripped and repainted anew color during the refurb......

MEanwhile, here's a video of Barnstormer today, not long.. but still...

wdw71fan Barnstormer Video

You're welcome! :)

mouseology

For the looks of it, they don't even plan on planting trees between the dumbo building and the Barnstormer. You can see the whole building while riding the coaster.

That's the one bad thing I noticed too! Disney usually does such a phenomenal job with sight lines but this one made me shake my head. The whole coaster could use more work. The noticable stairs along the incline gave me a bad "amusement park" feel, and the mediocre tower isn't exciting at all.

--------------

Is it just shadows in the pictures, or does the concrete path look wet and messy? If you look at the photos from dumbo you look out at a yucky-looking path. Idk, I guess it just looks messy and busy? I do really like the peanuts detail though! I smiled when I saw that photo :)

--------------

I know I must've missed something, but can anyone send a link/briefly describe the story of this mini-land? There are definitely two distinct parts: the rustic and the shiny circus aesthetics. I think to the unseasoned park guest a shoddy barn and old-looking train station would feel out of place in a Circus-themed environment. I guess I'm just a bit confused at the whole story. What does Goofy, Pete, and apparently Humphrey have to do with the circus? Just trying to piece all the details together.
And did you see the pictures of the broken train tracks by the train station? Is this referencing the "Casey Jr De-railing" story element?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom