Photos - Storybook Circus soft opening

yeti

Amazing...If the rest of this project turns out like this even the critics will have to eat some crew. Great Job Disney. I cannot wait to see it in person.

Critics aren't hitting the quality so much as they are the quantity.

Is it impressive? Yes. Surprisingly so? Well...yes. In my opinion. But that's still all it is: two kiddie rides, themed to the Disney detail. Add on another kiddie ride, a par to subpar dark ride, and a restaurant, and you've got the whole expansion. People can make their own judgements, but I personally can't get myself all that thrilled about the finished product. It's certainly a lot better than it could have been, but it's no Carsland (that I'm incredibly excited about). Wake me up when they add another E-ticket to WDW.

dxwwf3

Looks amazing so far! A lot of us, myself completely included, are quick to jump on Disney when they mess up (as we should do), but when they get it right....they get it right. If this is the level of detail we're going to see in the other parts of New Fantasyland, this is going to be great!

wdw71fan

Critics aren't hitting the quality so much as they are the quantity.

Is it impressive? Yes. Surprisingly so? Well...yes. In my opinion. But that's still all it is: two kiddie rides, themed to the Disney detail. Add on another kiddie ride, a par to subpar dark ride, and a restaurant, and you've got the whole expansion. People can make their own judgements, but I personally can't get myself all that thrilled about the finished product. It's certainly a lot better than it could have been, but it's no Carsland (that I'm incredibly excited about). Wake me up when they add another E-ticket to WDW.

Critics are judging an incomplete section... remember, Petes sideshow, Casey Jr Splash Park, and a few other things are coming just in the storybook circus 'area' of new fantasyland... Not to mention The Little Mermaid attraction, be our guest restaurant, Seven Dwarfs mine ride, second dumbo & new queue and more...

These things are ALL part of the Fantasyland expansion, and they will continue to open until through the end of the year.. Anyone saying 'it isn't much' is just being cynical about it because it's vogue to be a 'hater' these days apparently...

If thats all the critics have on the new stuff, then they are wrong. Most of them probably haven't set foot in the area anyway.. I was there today and it's amazingly well done, and the details are fantastic!

And as far as cars-land... You do realize that Carsland is TINY in comparison, and has a test track knock-off that travels at HALF it's speed? oh, and cars land is filled with kiddie rides!

aladdin2007

Was there today, the place was a madhouse. Should have seen the line just for the peoplemover......but anyway a few thoughts, love the look of dumbo and the train station and all, and all the great details it looks like surrounding everything. I think once its all done and all the fire red walls are down the place will look very nice. Barntormer however :brick: they could/should have ditched this all together and done something different here, theres nothing new to it....and the area music around the train station sounded too much like frontierland.

Dumbo looked amazing, and will look even more amazing once the second one joins it. The building behind it however :brick: ho hum. But then maybe theres a plan.

What I dont get is the name storybook circus is nowhere to be found, that name is nowhere on the map, the signs on the train station all say fantasyland...I think it would have been cooler if it had been touted as its own seperate land, storybook circus, but they chose to just make it fantasyland apparently. Yet verbally some say storybook circus so its like which one do you go with, Disney is apparently just using Fantasyland.

The area in general is a lot nicer than toontown but would have liked to have seen a grander attraction as part of it or something instead if just a reboot of the area as it was with dumbo added.... Love the costumes.

JustInTime

Was there today, the place was a madhouse. Should have seen the line just for the peoplemover......but anyway a few thoughts, love the look of dumbo and the train station and all, and all the great details it looks like surrounding everything. I think once its all done and all the fire red walls are down the place will look very nice. Barntormer however :brick: they could/should have ditched this all together and done something different here, theres nothing new to it....and the area music around the train station sounded too much like frontierland.

Dumbo looked amazing, and will look even more amazing once the second one joins it. The building behind it however :brick: ho hum. But then maybe theres a plan.

What I dont get is the name storybook circus is nowhere to be found, that name is nowhere on the map, the signs on the train station all say fantasyland...I think it would have been cooler if it had been touted as its own seperate land, storybook circus, but they chose to just make it fantasyland apparently. Yet verbally some say storybook circus so its like which one do you go with, Disney is apparently just using Fantasyland.

The area in general is a lot nicer than toontown but would have liked to have seen a grander attraction as part of it or something instead if just a reboot of the area as it was with dumbo added.... Love the costumes.

I agree on the name thing. It needs to be separate. The concept art used to have an entry way with a ticket booth in the middle and the name above it. I wonder if that was scrapped or will come later on?

sponono88

The whole area looks good with some cute details. Not too sure about the Goofini ride, however. Looks a bit out of place and I feel it doesn't really add to the whole Circus theme. Everything else looks good though -- much better than Toontown Faire!

If thats all the critics have on the new stuff, then they are wrong. Most of them probably haven't set foot in the area anyway.. I was there today and it's amazingly well done, and the details are fantastic!

And as far as cars-land... You do realize that Carsland is TINY in comparison, and has a test track knock-off that travels at HALF it's speed? oh, and cars land is filled with kiddie rides!

Wha..? Since when is 12 whole acres and Disney's biggest ride considered tiny? :shrug: I think the new Fantasyland area could fit inside the space for the Racers ride alone.

lazyboy97o

Those costumes just look awful on every person pictured. Being worn loose just makes them look sloppy, and then add in the white socks and it looks even worse.

The underside of the Dumbo canopy, while not clearly shown, looks to be very utilitarian.

Fantasyland Station looks like it was more designed for the trains of the Disneyland Railroad than the larger trains of the Walt Disney World Railroad.

aladdin2007

Those costumes just look awful on every person pictured. Being worn loose just makes them look sloppy, and then add in the white socks and it looks even worse.

The underside of the Dumbo canopy, while not clearly shown, looks to be very utilitarian.

Fantasyland Station looks like it was more designed for the trains of the Disneyland Railroad than the larger trains of the Walt Disney World Railroad.

Actually it looks like it belongs near MuppetVision at the studios, just sayin. :shrug:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The whole area looks good with some cute details. Not too sure about the Goofini ride, however. Looks a bit out of place and I feel it doesn't really add to the whole Circus theme. Everything else looks good though -- much better than Toontown Faire!

Wha..? Since when is 12 whole acres and Disney's biggest ride considered tiny? :shrug: I think the new Fantasyland area could fit inside the space for the Racers ride alone.

The two expansion look to be about the about the same size:

CarsVsFantasyland.jpg

jt04

LED changing lights are in the Dumbo fountains! Looks like a mini WoC! haha

http://www.flickr.com/photos/insidethemagic/6977683995/

This is the kind of lighting I am expecting will be part of the entire FLE experience. Very cool.

I agree on the name thing. It needs to be separate. The concept art used to have an entry way with a ticket booth in the middle and the name above it. I wonder if that was scrapped or will come later on?

I have thought for awhile they were holding back on such details and the exact backstory of this new land. But everything seems to be unfolding in a very positive manner. I am of the belief there is a plan to make this all work as a complete area. It also appears they had to open this area because they needed the capacity and so it is still thin on details and backstory for that reason. This seems to be just a rough outline of what will be added with much more on the horizon just for this section not to mention all the other parts of the FLE.

Animaniac93-98

The Train station, Dumbos and Barnstormer are all improvements in some way (the train station and Dumbos in many ways) over what originally was there so this land is a definate plus with some nice touches.

I have to agree though, with the backside of Dumbo's tent and the costumes needing fixing. Hopefully the area will all come together in the end, with more greenery too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom