Photos - Storybook Circus soft opening

yoda_5729

Timothy Mouse used to stand on the absolute top of the middle of the old dumbo ride. From what I can see, it;'s the storks at the top of this Dumbo? Will Timothy be on the other Dumbo carousel, or did he get eliminated?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Timothy Mouse used to stand on the absolute top of the middle of the old dumbo ride. From what I can see, it;'s the storks at the top of this Dumbo? Will Timothy be on the other Dumbo carousel, or did he get eliminated?

I'm guessing since they are basically just moving the old one, he will still on that spinner and will be included once it reopens.

JustInTime

I'm guessing since they are basically just moving the old one, he will still on that spinner and will be included once it reopens.

I thought that the old dumbo was getting a facelift? I thought cosmetic changes were being made which is why there is a delay in opening part 2. I figured the 2 spinners would match. But I do hope to see the mouse back on the other spinner either way.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I thought that the old dumbo was getting a facelift? I thought cosmetic changes were being made which is why there is a delay in opening part 2. I figured the 2 spinners would match. But I do hope to see the mouse back on the other spinner either way.

I don't have any solid info on this, but I was under the impression the old one was just getting a refurb, but would remain the same. I may be wrong though.

JustInTime

I don't have any solid info on this, but I was under the impression the old one was just getting a refurb, but would remain the same. I may be wrong though.

I doubt you are wrong. I have been out of the WDW news for a while. I am sure I am mistaken. :)

ChristianG

For the looks of it, they don't even plan on planting trees between the dumbo building and the Barnstormer. You can see the whole building while riding the coaster.

Yeah, I'm worried about that. There's nothing separating the building and the Barnstormer except for concrete and a small garden that won't block any views. Kind of disappointed about that. It's really a theme killer.

yoda_5729

I have no info to state one way or another, but they could be trying to make the two dumbos different and give each a unique vibe. Kinda like how Space Mountain has two different tracks, they may have one carousel that Ms Jumbo and Stork, and the other maybe Timothy and Crows or something like that. I would find it odd to take Timothy out of the ride, since he's the second most major character probably from the movie, and was instrumental in helping Dumbo fly.

Goofnut1980

One thing I must say is, the detailing is spectacular in that part of the park. From water on Dumbo, to matching the railings on the train station from Main Street. It does not look cheap and half thrown together like so many of these new "sponsored" rides.

I wondered what happened to the day when they built attractions and areas with every little detail planned out. Now it looks like they are bringing some of that back! Bravo TDO!

mickey2008.1

Thanks for all the great pictures. it really looks like they paid alot of attention to detail for once. Cant wait to see the whole land opened.

disney fan 13

Love the water feature on Dumbo, looks nice, The barnstormer queue looks decent but too lightly themed in my opinion... But on the other hand it is a kiddie coaster.

Megavolt

It is some great placemaking, but it is hardly anything new. At the end of day, we have a spinner that we have had for 40 years now and the same kiddie coaster that has been back there for years. Details are great, but it is a shame we won't see a new attraction like Mickey's Madhouse or something in that area.

Overall, outstanding job with the aesthetic details, but the lack on new attractions hurts it to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom