PhotoPass

tazbear

We loved the photo pass and thought it was well worth the money.
We don't want to print them all off, but It is nice to know years down the road the pictures are on a handy cd.
I have to say, the photo pass photographers were always so delightful and friendly. They were the nicest of all the disney employees that we ran into.

Gorjus

Any idea what the shipping costs to Canada would be? Can you add the overlays after you buy the cd?

All US shipping of prints and CDs is $2.50.
All International shipping of prints and CD's is $5.50.
No you can not add overlays after you buy the cd unless you want to try and create them yourself.

I found that photopass people were hard to find in some parks and in some areas where I would have expected them to be.

I agree there were several photopass people that seemed extremely helpful but the majority that we ran into made me feel like we were annoying them.

There were also a few shots that Stitch and Tinkerbell were supposed to be added to and they are not. All 7 of us look a little funny pointing at nothing on the ground.

Some days we are hard to find. Some days you fall all over us. Depends on who calls in sick. One day we had no one at the entrance, no one behind spaceship earth, and only 3 out of 5 characters covered in character spot. What are you going to do?

Most of our cast members are friendly. Some are not...until a manager is around watching them.

It is always good to check your photos before you leave. We can add the magic to the photos if somehow they got overlooked.

Does anyone out there know how much the photopass cd is if you purchase it in the parks... not in advance.

$124.95

All very good points, but if the guest hands you the same model of camera that you have or another dslr will you change the settings for the guest to the pre-determined "best settings" so that his/her pics come out as good as yours?
Unfortunately I think that some other CMs without as much photo expertise as yourself may rely on those predetermined settings without really thinking about exposure which is why a significant number of photopass pics may not come out exposed correctly (I only speak from personal experience).

You make a great point about loosing pics and have illustrated the need for nightly backups of your pics regardless if someone is using photopass or not.

I'm glad that there are some real photogs like you taking our pics.

I'll happily and have happily changed the settings for a guest camera. However, the setting we use requires a little skill. One being the ability to focus on one spot, hold the focus and then re frame the photo.

We are FORBIDDEN from changing the camera settings on the Disney cameras even when we know they are the wrong settings. I hate the camera settings at the Entrance to Epcot and I hate the camera settings for some general indoor photography candids. But I have to use them. So I adapt.

Nightly back ups are a wonderful thing. Of course there was they guest running around on their last day trying to catch up on photos because their laptop was stolen from their hotel. There was also the guest running around because their laptop crashed, they were going to have to uninstall and reinstall windows and they hadn't double backed up the photos.

Again, you don't have to buy photopass, but isn't it nice to know it is there if you need it.

Photopass is like characters. Sure you might run into a couple along the way, but for the most part, you are going to have to search them out and plan to see them.

Erin_Akey

No you can not add overlays after you buy the cd unless you want to try and create them yourself.

Gorjus, Is this something new? Because i always prepurchase my cd and then bring my cards home and add the overlays before we actually order the cd to be delivered. That is half of the fun for us! All sitting at the computer together and adding the images. i would hate to think we cannot anymore. :confused:

DisneyGigi

Gorjus, Is this something new? Because i always prepurchase my cd and then bring my cards home and add the overlays before we actually order the cd to be delivered. That is half of the fun for us! All sitting at the computer together and adding the images. i would hate to think we cannot anymore. :confused:

I know you directed his question to Gorjus but I think she was referring to purchasing in the park since they give you your cd at that time. If you preorder you are still going to upload your cards or cards when you get home and just use the code that you got when you prepaid so you still get access to the borders etc.

Rogue21

$59 or $99

Maybe I'm just having a blonde moment, but when I go to the website for Photopass it states that the PhotoCD is $59.95.
(Additional copies for $19.95.) If this is true, why would I want to pre-order for $99? :shrug:

Or has that one Blue Moon gone to my head and I'm imagining things? :lookaroun

DisneyGigi

Maybe I'm just having a blonde moment, but when I go to the website for Photopass it states that the PhotoCD is $59.95.
(Additional copies for $19.95.) If this is true, why would I want to pre-order for $99? :shrug:

That sounds like the photomovie cd/dvd, not the photopass cd.
(which is also very cool btw, we bought it too last year)
*You cannot copy or reproduce any images from the photomovie like you can the cd, it is just a slideshow, scrapbook movie type thing*

Rogue21

Sanity Check

Thanks DisneyShe, so just to see if I was imagining things I went back to the website . . . it still says Photo CD for $59.95. Not the movie, that's $74.95.

I leave in 3 weeks, so I'll see what happens. In the meantime, I'll go have another brew and perhaps the price will come down some more. :p

C.M.O

We loved photopass. We got it ahead of time and I made sure to stop at all of them a million times. My daughter got tired of it but I didn't care. I have a digital SLR but am a single mom and wanted to be in the pics too and also we went at christmas time and wanted good pics with the castle all lit up. I can't figure out how to put the pics on here anymore but you can check them out in my pictures :). Its cool because you can add borders and character signatures and dates. Its also cool to do the extra ones like fighting captain hook etc. You can preorder and then if you don't like it says you can get a refund.

WildLodgeFan

Can you provide the link to the page that has this price? Since I'm evaluating the utilizing the photopass for this trip, I would certainly like to see how I could get it for that price vs. $99, because previously I've only seen it for $129 if purchased and $99 if prepaid.

Thanks!
:wave:

mouselvrmom

Thanks DisneyShe, so just to see if I was imagining things I went back to the website . . . it still says Photo CD for $59.95. Not the movie, that's $74.95.

I leave in 3 weeks, so I'll see what happens. In the meantime, I'll go have another brew and perhaps the price will come down some more. :p

I went on the site and saw it for that price too. I didn't even see where you could preorder it. So I don't know if they just changed the price for it or what. Maybe it's a special deal they are offering on it. :shrug:

mouselvrmom

Can you provide the link to the page that has this price? Since I'm evaluating the utilizing the photopass for this trip, I would certainly like to see how I could get it for that price vs. $99, because previously I've only seen it for $129 if purchased and $99 if prepaid.

Thanks!
:wave:

It's on disneyphotopass.com it's under photo cd.

Tramp

Some of this is redundant...but...

I purchase the photopass CD every year. Last two years, we had over 500 photos and I purchased it at the Grand Floridian kiosk. I think it was $99. If you buy at the park or resort, you get no ability to add a border or character graphics to the photos.

This year, we took about 350 photos but decided to buy it online so I can play with the borders and characters that you can add to each photo. When you add a border or character, you save the picture as a NEW picture. By doing this, you save the integrity of the original photo. When you buy the CD, you get ALL the photos you originally took plus any that you edited either by adding graphics or cropping. If you have 5000 photos, it's the same price, $124.95. At the moment, I have about 760 photos that are to be included on the CD and when I go to the cart, it has a cost of $124.95 and tells me how many photos will be included. If I bought the CD right now, I would get all 760 photos but I'm still in the process of playing with the borders. I'll probably have close to 1000 photos when I'm done.

One of the photopass guys at the Grand Floridian kiosk, Chris, told me that I can make up to 4 different photos from one photopass picture. I haven't tried to make more than one or two different versions so I don't know if this is true but I have no reason to doubt him.

One tip for anyone considering doing the photopass...when you get your photopass card from the photographer after you take the first picture, either write down the number on the back or take a photo of it with your digital camera. If you lose the card, you'll still be able to access the photos online. You don't need to use the same photopass card for all your photos. I usually wind up with about 6 or 7 cards by the end of the vacation. You can put each number into the system individually or take them to a Kiosk and they can combine all your cards onto one card if you think that would be easier.

I don't know where the $59 price is coming from and I never knew anything about pre-ordering it.

Hope this doesn't add to anyone's stress over this.

Rogue21

What she said . . .

I simply Googled it and clicked on the link . . . but, I've also used Photopass before, so maybe it's a previous user discount? :shrug:

But, if it helps, that's great. I'll be going in 3 weeks with my niece and I know we'll be using Photopass a lot since it's her 1st trip. I'm sure any money saved on a PhotoCd will easily be spent elsewhere. :)

Good luck everyone!

Conrad3000

What you should do is buy the CD and have the family split the price. I think it's about $130?

It's kind of stupid to pay $7 for one photo. What we did was use the photo pass as much as we could for all the members of the family. We combined the cards together and got them on one CD. I think we got 2 free photos just for getting the CD. Then we split the price. Great deal since we got I think at least 200 photos and they are all professionally done!

Gorjus

I'm going to say that is a misprint. Unless there is a special I don't know about, that is not the price of a CD. And as I've found, arguing with Photopass guest support does no good. Long story.

Its also cool to do the extra ones like fighting captain hook etc.

A family came up to me yesterday and said: "we want as many magic photos as possible. We are leaving tomorrow. Here are the ones we have. What more can you give us? I did about 3 photos for them. They were only missing the Haunted Mansion one which is hard to find and park specific. Ask the photographers for any magic photos they have.

One of the photopass guys at the Grand Floridian kiosk, Chris, told me that I can make up to 4 different photos from one photopass picture. I haven't tried to make more than one or two different versions so I don't know if this is true but I have no reason to doubt him.

Actually, he was wrong. You can edit your photos any number of ways. There is no limit.

Rogue21

Tbd

I know Disney is not infallible, but that's a huge typo. So, not wanting to pay more than I have to, I sent an e-mail to see if it is the correct price.

That's, at least, a t-shirt and mouse ears worth of difference. :)

I'll post the reply . . . when I get it.

julsie

its my husbands 1st trip to wdw so i will definatley be using the photo pass service cos then i can get really good pictures with both of us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom