Phase closing and wait times - holidays 2012

Cody5242

EPCOT followed by DAK.
Studios used to be last, but MK has sorta fallen to the bottom ... and New Fantasyland is simply lipstick on a pig at this point.
My order would be MK, HS, AK, and EP but during the F&W and Christmas time it could sneak up to number 1. I just feel like Epcot is a mess attraction wise. I use to be a big soarin fan but now it's fallen on the wayside so that's one less ride I ride. I want soarin over the world though but I feel like that's years ahead

cheezbat

EPCOT followed by DAK.
Studios used to be last, but MK has sorta fallen to the bottom ... and New Fantasyland is simply lipstick on a pig at this point.

Agree to disagree. While all four parks have MAINTENEANCE issues, the three newer parks are so far from their potential. I know MK isn't great, but it's definitely better off than the others. Much more to do.

cheezbat

Dec 25 3pm
MK wait times 3pm - Belle 120, Mermaid 120, Space 120, BTM 100, Pan 95, Dumbo 90, Splash 90, Barnstormer 80, Pooh 80, JCruise 75, HM 60

Definitely not a good day to visit. Sounds like Epcots pretty terrible too. Can't wait a few weeks when everyone goes back home and things will be slower!

asianway

My order would be MK, HS, AK, and EP but during the F&W and Christmas time it could sneak up to number 1. I just feel like Epcot is a mess attraction wise. I use to be a big soarin fan but now it's fallen on the wayside so that's one less ride I ride. I want soarin over the world though but I feel like that's years ahead
I think where you place Epcot depends on how much you enjoy WS-FW is a hot mess so I rank it lower. Just curious, what's your feelings on PAC-tivities? Cuz just seeing them makes me want to about face and exit.

Bolt

Sorry but what are PAC-tivites?

PAC-tivities =

Parade Audience Control Activities - the parade team at Magic Kingdom that engages guests as they wait for the parade with fun activities such as jump roping, bubbles and hula hoops.

fillerup

A small 12/25 non-park update. No problem at all parking at BoardWalk, no A-frames anywhere and self parking at least half empty.

No problem at Yacht either - self parking was very very empty. Although we were advised verbally of a three hour time limit. Completely unnecessary (and unenforceable by the way).

Lots of yummy snickerdoodle cookies and lemonade at all the Epcot resorts.

Cast seemed to be in high spirits and everyone was wishing us a warm Merry Christmas.

hpyhnt 1000

A small 12/25 non-park update. No problem at all parking at BoardWalk, no A-frames anywhere and self parking at least half empty.

No problem at Yacht either - self parking was very very empty. Although we were advised verbally of a three hour time limit. Completely unnecessary (and unenforceable by the way).

Lots of yummy snickerdoodle cookies and lemonade at all the Epcot resorts.

Cast seemed to be in high spirits and everyone was wishing us a warm Merry Christmas.

I can echo this. As 7pm passes, Epcot is busy but not unmanageable or too uncomfortable. Most CMs seem upbeat still and we're getting plenty of holiday greetings.

wdwfan22

EPCOT followed by DAK.
I also will have to agree to disagree with your rating system. There is no way that I would place Magic Kingdom at the bottom of the barrel.

WDW1974

Agree to disagree. While all four parks have MAINTENEANCE issues, the three newer parks are so far from their potential. I know MK isn't great, but it's definitely better off than the others. Much more to do.

I would disagree. MK only has 'more to do' if you wish to ride the same tired attractions over and over again. The lands have become meaningless as they've been tooned up and made to simply be extensions of the Disney BRAND.

DAK, as well as parts of EPCOT (all of WS really), is the only park that lives up to its mission statement and presents a well defined and executed concept.

Except at times (such as when attending a hard ticket party with much more entertainment), I can be bored at the MK after one walk around the park, which for me can take as little as 90 minutes.

WDW1974

I also will have to agree to disagree with your rating system. There is no way that I would place Magic Kingdom at the bottom of the barrel.

I'd also place MK at the bottom of the barrel of MK-style parks worldwide.
But I do realize for many fans, WDW=MK. It did for me too ... well, back in the 70s when I was a wee Spirit.

WDW1974

Significantly worse. The 27th is Historically one of the worst attendance days.

Yes. Absolutely ... and at DL as well.

Many folks will not miss Christmas at home with loved ones and family and don't start their vacations until the 26th-29th.

That is why the park hours will get longer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom