Phase closing and wait times - holidays 2012

cheezbat

For the record - that seems like a slow day at DHS. Also - no way possible you'll wait 60 minutes at Star Tours unless 5 of the 6 sims are down...

Eh...all the parks seem to have normal waits today EXCEPT the Magic Kingdom. No surprise there though...seeing as how it's the best of the four.

BryceM

Was at Islands of Adventure today. It was insane. These are the times I saw...

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey - 135 mins
The Incredible Hulk Coaster - 70 mins
The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man - 110 mins
Jurassic Park River Adventure - 45 mins
Dr. Doom's FearFall - 25 mins
The Cat in the Hat - 45 mins
Dragon Challenge - 60 mins
Flight of the Hippogriff - 60 mins
Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls - 5 mins
Popeye & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges - 5 mins

It was fine the first 2 hours my dad and I first arrived. We walked on the rides in Marvel Super Hero Island and Jurassic Park. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter was so crowded all day, you couldn't move. We tried queuing for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey but the line was the longest line I have ever seen in my entire life. Not only did it start in the middle of Jurassic Park, it teased you by taking you to the entrance of Hogwarts, but instead it looped you around the back of Hogwarts to the backstage of Jurassic Park. After an hour, I wasn't near the entrance of the castle, I was still stuck behind the ride's show building. The ride also kept breaking down and then they closed it. It was a mass exit and we ran through an emergency exit in the middle of Jurassic Park.

Moral of the story: Don't go to any of the Orlando parks on Christmas Eve.

cheezbat

Was at Islands of Adventure today. It was insane. These are the times I saw...

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey - 135 mins
The Incredible Hulk Coaster - 70 mins
The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man - 110 mins
Jurassic Park River Adventure - 45 mins
Dr. Doom's FearFall - 25 mins
The Cat in the Hat - 45 mins
Dragon Challenge - 60 mins
Flight of the Hippogriff - 60 mins
Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls - 5 mins
Popeye & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges - 5 mins

It was fine the first 2 hours my dad and I first arrived. We walked on the rides in Marvel Super Hero Island and Jurassic Park. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter was so crowded all day, you couldn't move. We tried queuing for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey but the line was the longest line I have ever seen in my entire life. Not only did it start in the middle of Jurassic Park, it teased you by taking you to the entrance of Hogwarts, but instead it looped you around the back of Hogwarts to the backstage of Jurassic Park. After an hour, I wasn't near the entrance of the castle, I was still stuck behind the ride's show building. The ride also kept breaking down and then they closed it. It was a mass exit and we ran through an emergency exit in the middle of Jurassic Park.

Moral of the story: Don't go to any of the Orlando parks on Christmas Eve.

You have to remember that practically everybody is on holiday break right now...and think of all the snowbirds visiting as well as locals and foreigners!

doctornick

You have to remember that practically everybody is on holiday break right now...and think of all the snowbirds visiting as well as locals and foreigners!

My question: was it as busy over the weekend? I would think most people going there for vacation would get down for the weekend and make Saturday or at least Sunday as busy if not busier than Mon Dec 24. I mean, many people actually work on Dec 24, especially compared to Sunday Dec 23, don't they?

JustinSt

IOA was close to hitting capacity today, and is expected to reach it all week. It looks like the two parks to avoid this year, will be MK and IOA. And if the closures happen, Expect USF to close at some point as well.

TP2000

Little Mermaid is not a short ride. It feels like a classic Epcot ride in length. Very WoM, Imagination or Horizons like in its length.

Mermaid is an Omnimover, like many of the original and fabulous Epcot attractions. But the Mermaid ride length is less than half of those grand old Epcot Center rides.

Little Mermaid is 6:00 minutes long

Imagination was 12:30 minutes long

World of Motion was 14:30 minutes long

Horizons was 15:00 minutes long

BryceM

IOA was close to hitting capacity today, and is expected to reach it all week. It looks like the two parks to avoid this year, will be MK and IOA. And if the closures happen, Expect USF to close at some point as well.
I could tell. There was a never ending stream of people entering Islands of Adventure.

FireChiefGoofy

DW went to work at MK this morning and said traffic at MK tll plaza was backed up to the Epcot turn off on World Drive. I'll be making magic in motion with the Disney buses tonight at Downtown Disney. Merry Christmas everyone!

bliss

Out of curiosity, is it traditional that only the Magic Kingdom reaches capacity on Christmas? Not Studios, Epcot or Animal Kingdom?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Out of curiosity, is it traditional that only the Magic Kingdom reaches capacity on Christmas? Not Studios, Epcot or Animal Kingdom?
Yes typically only MK, although Epcot on NYE is a possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom