Phase closing and wait times - holidays 2012

asianway

I'd also place MK at the bottom of the barrel of MK-style parks worldwide.
But I do realize for many fans, WDW=MK. It did for me too ... well, back in the 70s when I was a wee Spirit.
Stepping in the MK the day after being at Disneyland causes me to throw up in my mouth. Rather than Main St vehicles, appropriately themed entertainment & atmosphere characters you get PAC-tivities, a garish dance party & Pluto chained to the flagpole.

Then it goes further downhill as you go further into the park

Bolt

Stepping in the MK the day after being at Disneyland causes me to throw up in my mouth. Rather than Main St vehicles, appropriately themed entertainment & atmosphere characters you get PAC-tivities, a garish dance party & Pluto chained to the flagpole.

Yes and No - I've been to both parks on busy and non-busy times and seen very similar things.

WDW1974

I haven't done two in two days. But I have in a week (including this fall) and I have done DLP and DL and WDW all in the same month. It does wake you up quickly.

I remember visiting DL for the first time in 1990 and going back to WDW a month or so later and, other than PoC, I didn't feel any drop in quality or the Disney Details at all. But times change ...

TalkingHead

Guests are funny.

Some guests have chosen to ride Living with the Land at midnight on New Years Eve, missing the fireworks in the process. Why choose to ride it then when it's had no line all night? Who knows? They're guests.

So I'm not at all surprised someone would line up for 3 hours to ride the 90 second Pan's Flight. Crazy? Hell yeah. But that's guests for ya.

P.S. The New Years fireworks shake the greenhouses at the Land.

Figgy1

Premium Member
i would like to try Christmas eve or day just one time, been there for the holidays, but want to see the full force of the crowds and all the nuttiness. Everyone down there have fun. Merry Christmas!
Thank you me too !!! Just once. Just like seeing th 5th ave windows(nyc) the week before Christmas or black Friday no shopping just looking an enjoying the craziness.

Figment82

Guests are funny.

Some guests have chosen to ride Living with the Land at midnight on New Years Eve, missing the fireworks in the process. Why choose to ride it then when it's had no line all night? Who knows? They're guests.

So I'm not at all surprised someone would line up for 3 hours to ride the 90 second Pan's Flight. Crazy? Hell yeah. But that's guests for ya.

P.S. The New Years fireworks shake the greenhouses at the Land.

I remember talking to some guests who were bragging that they were the first people to ride Soarin' for the new year, as they had been on it at midnight. When asked how they could miss the amazing fireworks show to go on an attraction, they merely responded "Well there are fireworks at the end of Soarin'. It's practically the same thing." Sure... Why not? ;) People are just funny that way. I guess they were just relieved to not see a 5-hour wait time.

googilycub

I would disagree. MK only has 'more to do' if you wish to ride the same tired attractions over and over again. The lands have become meaningless as they've been tooned up and made to simply be extensions of the Disney BRAND.

DAK, as well as parts of EPCOT (all of WS really), is the only park that lives up to its mission statement and presents a well defined and executed concept.

Except at times (such as when attending a hard ticket party with much more entertainment), I can be bored at the MK after one walk around the park, which for me can take as little as 90 minutes.

sigh......leave it to 1974 to turn a thread about stage closings to one about the quality of the MK. :(

quirkle

It'll be interesting to see holiday wait times when fairytale hall and 7DMT are open.

I am counting down to seeing this first hand next xmas - :) We did holiday in 2009 and we were not obsessed with rides since this was not a one time only trip.

wdwfan22

I'd also place MK at the bottom of the barrel of MK-style parks worldwide.
But I do realize for many fans, WDW=MK. It did for me too ... well, back in the 70s when I was a wee Spirit.

Agree to disagree then. Disneyland will never rank above Magic Kingdom in my book because of it's size and tiny castle.

cheezbat

Agree to disagree then. Disneyland will never rank above Magic Kingdom in my book because of it's size and tiny castle.
Have you ever been? Aside from having a bigger castle and better Haunted Mansion, there really isn't much about the MK that's better than DL...T one time our Splash was better, but obviously not in its current state.

Even though I've only visited the stateside parks, right now the only MK style park I could see worse than ours is Hong Kong Disneyland...but unless things start to change in Florida, I see even HKDL beating us out. Heck, it's already prettier...and they're adding some great new and unique attractions. If the keep it up, in 5-10 years it'll definitely be better.

wdwfan22

Have you ever been? Aside from having a bigger castle and better Haunted Mansion, there really isn't much about the MK that's better than DL...T one time our Splash was better, but obviously not in its current state.

Even though I've only visited the stateside parks, right now the only MK style park I could see worse than ours is Hong Kong Disneyland...but unless things start to change in Florida, I see even HKDL beating us out. Heck, it's already prettier...and they're adding some great new and unique attractions. If the keep it up, in 5-10 years it'll definitely be better.

Yes i've been many of times and I don't agree that Disneyland is better than the Magic Kingdom. Everyone can have there own opinion and i've expressed mine. Magic Kingdom has a bigger castle, better haunted mansion, better splash, a much grander entrance area and train station and larger walkways. I also enjoy Magic Kingdom's Main Street over Disneylands. Everyone will have different views and that's okay with me, but i will never place the Magic Kingdom at the bottom of the barrel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom