Pet Peeve parents who take their kids to the parks in pajamas

bigrigross

I don't think you know what "hipster" means. If the shorts I posted are anything at all, they're New England preppy. But not really, as New England preppy would typically be much shorter and either salmon, Nantucket red, or covered in lobsters/crabs/sailboats.

I also don't think you know what "dress shorts" are. The shorts I posted are not dress shorts, they're casual shorts.

They are the same thing. I say dress because that would be something I wear to a work outing. Not in personal time. They are definitely not casual in my sense. Just very uncomfortable and not useful.

Also, that is hipster in my generation. The same people who wear these clothes are the same ones who listen to music no one else has ever heard. That style is gaudy and to be honest, to feminine to me. Not saying it’s bad, but just not my style. Columbia polo (no pocket and short sleeve), Duluth cargo shorts, and a pair of white Nike’s are pretty much what I wear everyday when not working. When working, the shorts are replaced by cargo pants without flaps covering the pockets.

Don’t look anything like a skater, they are just useful. Try going up on a ladder in those shorts. Your either going to rip the crotch, or be double handling the nails or light clips your trying to install 9 feet in the air. You will definitely be losing anything in those pockets when climbing and even sitting. When your over 6 feet tall, for the most part, your knees are higher than your thighs. Nothing stays in the hip pockets whatsoever. They are just stylish and that is all. No usefulness and I don’t buy clothes that aren’t useful. It’s a waste of money. Same reason I don’t own a suit, tie, or button down shirt with long sleeves......

Willmark

Leggings are fine, but they're not pants.

Bad:
02c965fdd9d631834939b33416fcc3b1--leggings-are-not-pants-tight-leggings.jpg

I’m failing to see the problem here....

(It’s a joke people because invariably someone won’t get the tongue and cheek nature of the reply. Or take it the wrong way, or gripe about X gripe here...)

CaptainAmerica

They are the same thing. I say dress because that would be something I wear to a work outing. Not in personal time. They are definitely not casual in my sense. Just very uncomfortable and not useful.

Also, that is hipster in my generation. The same people who wear these clothes are the same ones who listen to music no one else has ever heard. That style is gaudy and to be honest, to feminine to me. Not saying it’s bad, but just not my style. Columbia polo (no pocket and short sleeve), Duluth cargo shorts, and a pair of white Nike’s are pretty much what I wear everyday when not working. When working, the shorts are replaced by cargo pants without flaps covering the pockets.

Don’t look anything like a skater, they are just useful. Try going up on a ladder in those shorts. Your either going to rip the crotch, or be double handling the nails or light clips your trying to install 9 feet in the air. You will definitely be losing anything in those pockets when climbing and even sitting. When your over 6 feet tall, for the most part, your knees are higher than your thighs. Nothing stays in the hip pockets whatsoever. They are just stylish and that is all. No usefulness and I don’t buy clothes that aren’t useful. It’s a waste of money. Same reason I don’t own a suit, tie, or button down shirt with long sleeves......
If you don't think they're comfortable then you've never worn a pair that fits.

daisyduckie

If you think you have enough pockets, then you've never travelled with a family who uses technology and hates bag checks.

:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

I'm not sure how much the pockets help with bag check. I've seen them more than once make people empty their pockets when going thru the bagless check line. Maybe they only do that when they are really bored?

PeakSeason

I guess I don’t pay as much attention as I thought. I’ve never seen a kid in PJ’s and if I had I wouldn’t care. I try not to worry about what others are doing unless it violates my civil liberties. Why get so upset about what people that you don’t know and what their kids are wearing.
Pajamas? Who said anything about pajamas?

bigrigross

If you don't think they're comfortable then you've never worn a pair that fits.
Exactly, because those kinds of shorts don’t work on taller men unless I want to spend 50 to 70 dollars for a pair of shorts from the tall store that I will rarely wear when I can pay 50 to 70 dollars for a pair of Duluth shorts that I can wear for whatever and still looks good and that are actually durable compared to those those “casual” shorts.

Raineman

Every day at WDW in my adult life, I have worn cargo shorts, and I am not ashamed to admit it. I actually wish they had more pockets, just to annoy all the cargo haters. Maybe I’ll find some shirts that have multiple pockets too... 😂

Oddysey

I do not really see how this impacts any guests visit other than the family who decides to put their children in pajamas. This is probably the last thing I would worry about or even notice with respect to other guest behavior.

Oddysey

For me it's a sign of the parents being lazy. My parents would never have allowed us to be in pajamas out in the parks. Pajamas are to be worn to sleep in, not hangout in the theme parks. It amazes me how lazy people have gotten.

I make it a point to be lazy on vacation. The rest of the weeks of the year are meant to be productive, but for at least a week or two I will try my best not to be.

edit: Sorry for the double post

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom