PERMITS

britain

A/B might be a doubling up of scenes for multiple vehicles to see at the same time. Like how Mystic Manor has two Nordic rooms, or Nemo’s subs have a right and a left. Then again that’s a lot of A/B scenes.

Old Mouseketeer

A/B might be a doubling up of scenes for multiple vehicles to see at the same time. Like how Mystic Manor has two Nordic rooms, or Nemo’s subs have a right and a left. Then again that’s a lot of A/B scenes.

Hmmm...that's interesting. Perhaps you physically travel through different scenes or sequences on each trip, much like the variables in Star Tours 2.0. And there could even be different dialog/effects/events in the rooms.

SSG

Original Poster
Tropical Permits

BLD2018-03030 Disneyland Hotel - Tangaroa Terrace - Tiki Bar Development - Tenant Improvement: 300 sq ft canvas canopy with new posts to be anchored to existing posts. 280 sq ft to use existing restaurant area for new service bar. Exterior modifications to include new glazing and tile.

BLD2018-03031 Disneyland Hotel - Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar - Tenant Improvement: Install (3) posts for hanging lights over existing outdoor seating area.

Some news from the Parks Blog:

Wed, September 5, 2018
Exciting Dining Enhancements Coming Soon to the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort
by Michael Ramirez, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort
Two hotel fast-casual food spots are getting spruced up at the Disneyland Resort, also adding gorgeous new bar seating for pool goers and hotel guests.

Tangaroa Terrace, the South Seas hideaway at the Disneyland Hotel, is closing soon and will re-open in early 2019 as Tangaroa Terrace Bar & Grill. The restaurant’s ‘50s Tiki-inspired design, however, will remain the perfect tropical complement to the mid-century modern architecture of the Disneyland Hotel. Guests can expect a new outdoor bar and refreshed patio, serving island cocktails and Asian-inspired fare. New details will also be added to the interior space, including light fixtures made of colorful fishing floats and netting, a tropical mural and bamboo accents. Guests will also be delighted to find a dedicated service window for various coffee selections in the morning and the popular Dole Whip throughout the day, perfect while enjoying time at the pools. The grill will offer options for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with an open-air marketplace for quick bites. While Tangaroa Terrace is under refurbishment, menu offerings will be available at The Coffee House, Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar and Steakhouse 55.

SSG

Original Poster
I'm assuming the'Grill and Bar' part is a contractor error

BLD2018-03201 GCH - White Water Grill and Bar - Tenant Improvement: 3,063 sq.ft updated existing food service counter and related plumbing and electrical, reconfigure storage area.

More from the Parks Blog

skj30103-624x351.jpg

Wed, September 5, 2018
Exciting Dining Enhancements Coming Soon to the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort
by Michael Ramirez, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort

Guests of Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will also be able to lounge in even more luxury, poolside, with a new pool bar opening in spring 2019. As you can see in the artwork above, the new pool bar area will keep with the hotel’s signature Arts and Crafts design with natural boulder stonework and clinker bricks. A custom tile mural at the back bar will also set the craftsman tone in the new space. In addition, a trellis structure will provide shade and a perfect respite to enjoy sipping beverages and snacking on appetizers. A variety of new lounge and table seating will also be available.

Check back on the Disney Parks Blog for more details!

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Getting rid of big planters for more concrete because tragic people can't imagine going to disneyland without their hummer strollers for their 9 year olds.
They are removing the planter seats that were around the columns of the PM tracks.

Thanks. On top of removing the planters for crowd control (as this was a huge bottleneck area), can this be seen as a preparation move for removing the tracks altogether?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Sad. I mean it's sad to see it in its current state, but it's also depressing knowing another piece of Disneyland history might be removed instead of reinforced / rebuilt.

Well I'm not going to get into a whole thing, but my understanding is it could never come back in its current form. So they'd have to tear it down anyways. And then build a replacement, which wouldn't be the same to a lot of people. So I rather them just get rid of it and put something new in its place, along with a overhauled TL.

nevol

Thanks. On top of removing the planters for crowd control (as this was a huge bottleneck area), can this be seen as a preparation move for removing the tracks altogether?
That would be nice, and I suppose doing it this way is less invasive. But the reality is, now that they're removing the planters, the People Mover track is a claustrophobia-indusing visual intrusion (and shade structure that incidentally provides guest comfort) now instead of an actual intrusion. Each column without the planter takes up the space of one human in the land. The incentive to remove the tracks now seems diminished if the objective of their projects all over the park ahead of star wars' opening is to expand guest areas.

VJ

Wow, they didn't waste time announcing bars for Disneyland after the Galaxy's Edge announcement, did they?

Drink up me hearties, yo ho.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Well I'm not going to get into a whole thing, but my understanding is it could never come back in its current form. So they'd have to tear it down anyways. And then build a replacement, which wouldn't be the same to a lot of people. So I rather them just get rid of it and put something new in its place, along with a overhauled TL.

Why not? Get into a whole thing ;)

On a separate note I don't think there's much argument in that the tracks are a huge eyesore. They need to go, or they need to be brought back to life. I don't mind as long as something happens with a new Tomorrowland revamp (and the only thing remaining untouched is Space Mountain).

I secretly die a little bit everytime a piece of Disney history is removed.

That would be nice, and I suppose doing it this way is less invasive. But the reality is, now that they're removing the planters, the People Mover track is a claustrophobia-indusing visual intrusion (and shade structure that incidentally provides guest comfort) now instead of an actual intrusion. Each column without the planter takes up the space of one human in the land. The incentive to remove the tracks now seems diminished if the objective of their projects all over the park ahead of star wars' opening is to expand guest areas.

Yeah I see your point. I am hoping a new Tomorrowland is right around the corner, and with that the destruction or rebuild of the tracks.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Why not? Get into a whole thing ;)

On a separate note I don't think there's much argument in that the tracks are a huge eyesore. They need to go, or they need to be brought back to life. I don't mind as long as something happens with a new Tomorrowland revamp (and the only thing remaining untouched is Space Mountain).

I secretly die a little bit everytime a piece of Disney history is removed.

Well I could start talking about OSHA/ADA stuff. But nah....

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if by January you see parts of PM tracks being taken down. But just my thoughts, not an actual rumor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom