PERMITS

nevol

don't really know much about this "permits" thing but wouldn't these give a good idea of total cost of construction for a full project if collected added up?

The paragraph quoted above says Disney has been issued more than 202.6 million of permits since August of 2017. Since August 2017 their has been quite a few projects including the Pixar Pier project and all the large modifications for walkways in Disneyland and of course SWGE.

The amount seem a bit small considering that some had speculated that Pixar Pier's budget was high
6 million for PP. This... explains... EVERYTHING! :D

JD2000

Further modifications for crowd control in preparation for Galaxy's Edge opening:

Photo_0733-Disneyland.jpg

Photo_0734-Disneyland.jpg

TP2000

BLD2018-03905 DCA - Hollywoodland - Stage 17 (BLDG 312) - Tenant Improvement: Interior demolition of interior non-load bearing walls and scenic elements.
Hmm, what are they doing in Stage 17? Is Olaf coming back this winter?

I think that actually means they are finally removing all the Frozen village sets that have been in there for the past five years. They've left it all up even though Olaf's Snowball Zone or whatever it was has been closed for years, and it gets really awkward when they have other events.

For instance, every February they do the Gospel Choir concerts in there. Because nothing says African-American Southern Gospel like a snow-covered Scandinavian village! Can I get an Amen?!? Or can I get a Tusen Takk?!?

IMG_4575-M.jpg

Last edited:

Old Mouseketeer

I think that actually means they are finally removing all the Frozen village sets that have been in there for the past five years. They've left it all up even though Olaf's Snowball Zone or whatever it was has been closed for years, and it gets really awkward when they have other events.

For instance, every February they do the Gospel Choir concerts in there. Because nothing quite says African-American Southern Gospel like a snow-covered Scandinavian village! Can I get an Amen?!? Or can I get a Tusen Takk?!?

IMG_4575-M.jpg
A couple of months ago I saw it set up for a wedding. The thing is, Disney usually only demolishes something when they have the budget for a replacement. But one CM I talked to said it may just be going back to "black box". They make a lot of money off of banqueting and special events there.

SSG

Original Poster
In 'It Pays to Re-Check' news, here is a permit from last summer:

Received BLD2017-04158 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - BLD 10030/ Attraction #2 - Tenant Improvement: (Scene 11 a/b) 953 s.ft (Scene 10a/b,12a/b,13a/b,14a/b,17a/b,18a/b) 4,817 s.ft . REF:BLD2016-05640

It now reads:

BLD2017-04158 Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - BLD 10030/ Attraction #2 - Tenant Improvement: Phase 1 (Scene 11 a/b) 953 s.ft new steel structure guest sorting area. (Scene 10a/b,12a/b,13a/b,14a/b,17a/b,18a/b) 4,817 s.ft steel structure queue hall way. Phase 2: Scene 1 through 9 and 17AB,18AB through 20 for theming decoration mounted to interior of existing facility . Phase 3: Scene 03, Hero Engine prefabricated themed show set prop anchored to existing facility support. All work inside attraction. REF:BLD2016-05640

Disney Irish

Premium Member
In 'It Pays to Re-Check' news, here is a permit from last summer:

Received BLD2017-04158 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - BLD 10030/ Attraction #2 - Tenant Improvement: (Scene 11 a/b) 953 s.ft (Scene 10a/b,12a/b,13a/b,14a/b,17a/b,18a/b) 4,817 s.ft . REF:BLD2016-05640

It now reads:

BLD2017-04158 Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - BLD 10030/ Attraction #2 - Tenant Improvement: Phase 1 (Scene 11 a/b) 953 s.ft new steel structure guest sorting area. (Scene 10a/b,12a/b,13a/b,14a/b,17a/b,18a/b) 4,817 s.ft steel structure queue hall way. Phase 2: Scene 1 through 9 and 17AB,18AB through 20 for theming decoration mounted to interior of existing facility . Phase 3: Scene 03, Hero Engine prefabricated themed show set prop anchored to existing facility support. All work inside attraction. REF:BLD2016-05640

So guest sorting area for scene 11. Does that mean that could be the area for disembarking our ride vehicles? Is that still the rumor?

Old Mouseketeer

So guest sorting area for scene 11. Does that mean that could be the area for disembarking our ride vehicles? Is that still the rumor?

I have long assumed that the disembarking is exiting the shuttle you left Batuu on that gets caught in the tractor beam to the Star Destroyer, dumping you out in the hanger bay to walk through all those Stormtroopers to board your trackless personnel carrier. I can't imagine disembarking the personnel carrier only to re-board.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I have long assumed that the disembarking is exiting the shuttle you left Batuu on that gets caught in the tractor beam to the Star Destroyer, dumping you out in the hanger bay to walk through all those Stormtroopers to board your trackless personnel carrier. I can't imagine disembarking the personnel carrier only to re-board.

That doesn’t explain the description of the permit. Scene 11, which would seem to be in the middle of the attraction, is described as a 953 sqft area for guest sorting. So unless scene 11 is the hanger, which would mean that scenes 1-10 would all be queue area. But I just can’t see that being the case. So it would seem to be an area for disembarking mid-attraction. Which if I remember correctly was a rumor at one point.

So we’ll see...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom