Permanent Ralph Breaks The Internet Family Play Zone Debuts at Epcot

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Just going to point out that if you are going with young ones who can’t ride MS, TT, and eventually GOTG, this sure beats sticking them in a gift shop while the rest of the group rides.

While I understand stand the issues brought up over it being in the park, at least they stuck it behind Mouse Gears in a somewhat inconspicuous place.

KBLovedDisney

Just going to point out that if you are going with young ones who can’t ride MS, TT, and eventually GOTG, this sure beats sticking them in a gift shop while the rest of the group rides.

While I understand stand the issues brought up over it being in the park, at least they stuck it behind Mouse Gears in a somewhat inconspicuous place.
Yeah, but no shade? No tent cover? That playground equipment in the hot Florida sun is going to scorch those little bodies.

And then Disney will have more stupid peoples coming up saying that their stuff hurt their kids because those parents decided not to heed warning signs.

Monorail_Red_77

Isn't this the same location they used to do the Cars Play area for Flower Fest? Also there was a play area over beside Imagination on the walkway to World Showcase for Flower Fest too. Not sure what the big deal is about this? So now its there for the rest of the year and its no longer cars themed.

ABQ

Yeah, but no shade? No tent cover? That playground equipment in the hot Florida sun is going to scorch those little bodies.

And then Disney will have more stupid peoples coming up saying that their stuff hurt their kids because those parents decided not to heed warning signs.
Didn't people say that about the faux grass areas in the MK too. In all the frivolous lawsuits we hear about, I have yet to hear about the zOMGISCORTCHEDMYBUTT!!1!!11 yet.

Nextinline

Disney thinks that guests should pay admission to EPCOT, only to have their kids play on something that is free in any municipal park in the country. Aside from lowering the bar of family entertainment, that is my biggest issue with this decision. It doesn't have to do with "getting upset over a playground". The same can be send for up-charge events and a lot of the recent decisions that Disney has been making. Lowering the bar while raising the costs.

KBLovedDisney

Didn't people say that about the faux grass areas in the MK too. In all the frivolous lawsuits we hear about, I have yet to hear about the zOMGISCORTCHEDMYBUTT!!1!!11 yet.
Methinks that steel poles have a better tendency of getting scorching hot under direct sunlight versus faux grass under one's bum.

Jon81uk

Disney thinks that guests should pay admission to EPCOT, only to have their kids play on something that is free in any municipal park in the country. Aside from lowering the bar of family entertainment, that is my biggest issue with this decision. It doesn't have to do with "getting upset over a playground". The same can be send for up-charge events and a lot of the recent decisions that Disney has been making. Lowering the bar while raising the costs.

People pay admission to Epcot just to pay even more for wine and food. This playground is somewhere for kids to run around while Mummy and Daddy get drunk.
I really don't understand the idea of paying entry just to then spend even more money on the food and wine festival anyway.

imarc

I do appreciate that the parents' adirondacks are shaded.

But it's sometimes hard to get out of those when you're drinking.

img_8324.jpg

MinnieWaffles

There's playgrounds at the resorts, too. Is that lowering the bar as well? There's colouring in Epcot as well as in local events, is that lowering the bar?

smile

It's more timeless. More family friendly. More Disney.

it's funny cause it's true!
;)

Yep. The same Walt that built this at Disneyland...
View attachment 307820

yet we all know walt claims to have envisioned disneyland as a reaction to the disconnect he had sitting on a bench watching his daughters on the playground
... i'd wager he devised this solely to keep mouseketeers off makeout mountain :p

True, but everything from Disney thus far indicates this playground to be a part of the Food and Wine Festival, and it’s execution supports that.

ralph's release doesn't

never the biggest fan, especially compared to other areas of the park that could really use any available penny...
far more egregious offenses past, present, and future to our beloved park relegate this to a mere eye roll.

yet, for most, standing in it's presence was not accompanied with insignificant expenditure, therefore, as always, i would advise any and all concerned to voice their displeasure.

HauntedMansionFLA

Isn't this the same location they used to do the Cars Play area for Flower Fest? Also there was a play area over beside Imagination on the walkway to World Showcase for Flower Fest too. Not sure what the big deal is about this? So now its there for the rest of the year and its no longer cars themed.[/
Yes it is. The playground will return over by Imagination for Flight wet and garden.

ABQ

Isn't this right in the area that always smells like a nasty septic backup? Why would anyone want to play there?

Kman101

Yeah I kinda expected this too, I meant more that I was shocked people can manage to get mad over something small like this at all

True, but this is just a really small play area for kids that replaces nothing. Doesn't really effect any small details.

Exactly. It's a playground (and yes, sure, they could have indeed "done better" but it's something that honestly should be a non-issue). Imagine the outcry if they actually spent money on this? They wouldn't win either way. It's just not a big deal.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

So... you think people with kids are going to spend all day at this playground? Is that the basis of your attack on Disney?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom