Permanent Ralph Breaks The Internet Family Play Zone Debuts at Epcot

Br’er Rabbit

I definitely understand not everyone finds the same rides appealing. But is it because it's "boring" to them or is it because there aren't characters? Would say, adding Mickey and Friends in farming vignettes suddenly make it a better ride? (No I'm not advocating for this! Just wondering outloud)

Tbh I wouldn’t be opposed to Mickey and Friends talking about farming in the lead up scenes to the greenhouse. It’s honestly so boring currently until you get to the main part with the plants.

Missing20K

img_8316_3.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm honestly surprised people managed to get this mad over something so small and unimportant.

There are thousands of tiny details around Disney that could be considered small and un-important by themselves, but when you put them all together they are what differentiates Disney parks from other theme and amusement parks.

Last edited:

TwilightZone

I like the warning about hot surfaces. That was my first thought when I saw it, besides how pathetic it was: it was out in the blazing Florida sun.

Tom Sawyer Island has trees and caves (as well as theme).

This has... hot sun.
I would have put it inside Innoventions west. Not much work needed. Just add a visible sign indicating a playground is in there, and BAM, you're done.

KikoKea

Well, having never taken a child under the age of 10 or so to WDW until last month when we spent most of our time at Epcot playing sitter for our 11 month old grandson, I can now appreciate an area where a young child can burn off some energy and let me rest! Only problem is, this is for 5-12 year olds. Should be an area for toddlers and little ones, as well....and shade!

matt9112

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I know what this play area is missing - An inflatable castle! Fun for all ages!

I understand both sides of this argument. I won't get bent out of shape about it, because... It's a playground. It's cheap. It's off the beaten path, for the most part. It's (hopefully) temporary, but even if it isn't, I just can't get worked up about it. It is simply an example of what TDO is these days - cheap and lazy.

I recall some of the other play areas that have been erected in years past, and our kids never once wanted to play on them. For some reason, they preferred the actual rides to a neighborhood playground. ;)

Winter

I'm really not. It's exactly what I expected.
Yeah I kinda expected this too, I meant more that I was shocked people can manage to get mad over something small like this at all
There are thousands of tiny details around Disney that could be considered small and un-important by themselves, but when you put them all together they are what differentiates Disney parks from other theme and amusement parks.
True, but this is just a really small play area for kids that replaces nothing. Doesn't really effect any small details.

KBLovedDisney

still the irony is they feel the need to add playgrounds for food and wine...yeah theirs nothing wrong with the park.
Agreed. Something ain't right here.

Parents get drunk while watching their kids burn on a hot playground.

There's more than one thing wrong with the above sentence.

mousekedoc

Premium Member
While I’m not against a space for kids to play, this is pretty embarrassing. It looks completely out of place and undersized. My local playground puts this thing to shame. HISTK was done right...themed, shaded, and out of the way. This sticks out like a sore thumb.

All of the festivals have featured something like this that disappears at the end. Why is this one permanent?
I bet it has been placed there because of the close proximity to the restrooms. Not on the other side near figment because there is always a horrid poopy smell there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom