Permanent Ralph Breaks The Internet Family Play Zone Debuts at Epcot

HauntedMansionFLA

Why not put this inside Innoventions?! EPCOT is a heat-stroke waiting to happen already. Plus it could be one part of a redeveloped/reimagined spine of EPCOT. I’m not opposed to a playground, but 1) don’t make it intrusive to the surrounding area 2) make it unique to Disney 3) make it comfortable to play on/watch your kids. This playground looks like it breaks all 3 rules.
Intrusive to Mousegears? That’s the only close to it. Innoventions is a good idea but might not be part of the big picture for the reimagining Epcot. It’s pretty unique since I haven’t seen a Wreck It Ralph playground before. Maybe they are done with the design ;)

EPICOT

Intrusive to Mousegears? That’s the only close to it. Innoventions is a good idea but might not be part of the big picture for the reimagining Epcot. It’s pretty unique since I haven’t seen a Wreck It Ralph playground before. Maybe they are done with the design ;)

It's intrusive to the landscaping and traditionally very clean design of Future World. And my baseline for unique is something like HISTK playground or the Casey Jr. at MK. This is an off-the-shelf playground design with some WiR stuff slapped on.

eddie104

The superiority in opinions is something else. LOL. This is a playground folks. You sound ridiculous complaining about it. 10 pages for this? This should be a non-issue.
That is why I haven't come back to read this thread since because people are being petty for no reason. A playground is a such a hot topic that it needs ten plus pages of complaining on why its so bad for Epcot.

Castle Cake Apologist

That is why I haven't come back to read this thread since because people are being petty for no reason. A playground is a such a hot topic that it needs ten plus pages of complaining on why its so bad for Epcot.

It's almost like we're participating in a niche Walt Disney World discussion forum where people have passionate opinions about Walt Disney World. Weird.

Kman101

It's almost like we're participating in a niche Walt Disney World discussion forum where people have passionate opinions about Walt Disney World. Weird.

This is true. There's a disconnect. We need to better realize people view things differently (and maybe explain it better to those willing to listen). The problem some have is how that's presented to them on here.

It's the same as someone dismissing fans of Epcot still longing for Horizons. Who cares? LET US. It was a great ride. Wasn't your cup of tea, that's great! There seems to be this need to endlessly argue as if we're going to change anyone's mind. lol

Me not caring either way about this playground doesn't mean I think others shouldn't care. It just seems like a lot of outrage for something like this that really shouldn't be a big deal, but I know because it's not to me it is for some. Even though I'd have liked it indoors, I'd have liked it much better themed, I'm still not outraged.

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

img_8325.jpg
Not to be confused with "Ralph Breaks the Bank".

Think of it as a McDonald's Place Place without the McNuggets.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I guess next time I'm in Florida the 6 days I had planned for EPCOT will be bumped to a full week. I'd say the addition of this area is a sure sign that the creative coffers are once again overflowing and this is just the first bit of genius to course into EPCOT as revitalization continues to run amok in our beloved prototypical community. Plus, the location next to Mousegears means that I can get a full workout whilst the wife buys all kinds of unique and reasonably priced Disney Parks products. Nirvana.

geekza

I guess next time I'm in Florida the 6 days I had planned for EPCOT will be bumped to a full week. I'd say the addition of this area is a sure sign that the creative coffers are once again overflowing and this is just the first bit of genius to course into EPCOT as revitalization continues to run amok in our beloved prototypical community. Plus, the location next to Mousegears means that I can get a full workout whilst the wife buys all kinds of unique and reasonably priced Disney Parks products. Nirvana.
I see what you did there. :)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
You know I wouldn't mind having a play area like this inside one of the Innoventions areas since they're practically unused, make the stuff a bit nicer and then call it "permanent".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom