People who STILL don't know how to use Fastpass....

foreverbelle

I for one think a lot of newbies think they have to pay for the fast pass, my husband and I were there two weeks ago and found ourselves explaining the whole process of a fast pass to a few families in line who got so upset about the fast pass line. But once we explained it to them they seemed to understand and said it made total sense and apologized for their lack of knowledge and flipping out about the fast pass line. After the ride, I think the immediately went to hit up some fast passes.

DisneyPrincess5

I for one think a lot of newbies think they have to pay for the fast pass, my husband and I were there two weeks ago and found ourselves explaining the whole process of a fast pass to a few families in line who got so upset about the fast pass line. But once we explained it to them they seemed to understand and said it made total sense and apologized for their lack of knowledge and flipping out about the fast pass line. After the ride, I think the immediately went to hit up some fast passes.
I've encountered this, too!

I've found that if you explain that it is just like making a reservation to come onto the ride at that designated time, similar to a restaurant reservation, and they get it rather quickly :lol:

Dwarful

So many of the 'other' parks offer similar systems at a cost so I can see the confusion on new guests. When I took a group of 36 (daughter's girl scout troop and families) we had a barbque at the local park, where I had made up folders full of information. One thing I went over in detail was the use of the fast pass system.

In our group we had, including my own family, 3 families who had been to wdw at least once. Among the 9 newbie families we had 1 family who had never even stayed in a motel or hotel...let alone made the 'long journey' to Walt Disney World and we had two families who had never flown. My point is not everyone is as 'worldly' as we are, so when others are making snide comments or giving dirty looks, don't let them ruin your vacation...after all that leaves more fast passes for the rest of us.

elisatonks

When I was a CM that's another question I would always get, "how much extra is it?"

I got that one as well, on a non fastpass attraction. :ROFLOL: There are also those who understand how fastpass works and think its avaliable at every attraction, plus they can have as many as they want at one time. Then there are the people who think they can just flash there park ticket to get in the fastpass line.

I also remember when i was working Rock and Roller Coast when my main attraction was in rehab being asked what do these machines do??? (I also got this question in random places, for example whilst doing parade control.)

Philo

I think that Disney have done alot to push this and to be honest, if you don't pay attention to all the people around the FP machines, don't read the maps, don't ask anyone and don't do even a little reseach before your trip, you've only got yourself to blame.

I do however think Disney should push this a little more in their planning DVD. the HCoE DVD did a great job of this with Luke but since then it's not been a major feature.

Figment632

I just don't get the anti FP crowd whose main argument is that it doesn't make the lines shorter. It was never suppose to make the line shorter for anyone who doesn't have a FP.

The only changes that should be made.
1. Enforce FP time
2. Do not distribute during morning EMH.

Rides that don't need FP where FP hurts the attraction.

Buzz SRS
MILF
Jungle Cruise
Malestrom
LWTL
TSMM

Kelsey

I don't know if it's that way now but when I was in Universal in 2004 you could "buy" their version of Fast Pass that was used on a limited number of rides. You bypassed the regular line and went right to the other line (can't remember what they called it). It think the pass was $15pp then. That may lend into the confusion for some people.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
But even worse was the tour group who of about 20-25 in EPCOT who decided to get in the test track single rider line. That was just their problem, because they weren't getting out of Test Track for a while if they did it that way, but it also ruins it for riders behind them, because the real single riders will have to wait a lot longer.
I see no problem with that, as long as they were seperated as single-riders... :shrug:
Anyways, I've said it before and I'll say it again: If you're going to pay Disney prices for a vacation, and NOT research it enough to find out about FastPass, then you DESERVE to wait in line. The information is there, and takes a nominal amount of time to uncover.

EaglesfanNJ

love watching the 'clueless guests" at work

:shrug: I don't understand this part of your post though. What if some of these guests are new, or first timers? So because they're not seasoned professionals like you, you enjoy seeing them confused by the system that's in place?

heliumalias

I don't understand the objections to large groups using fastpass. Why shouldn't they be allowed to use it. It makes no difference if the 30 people allocated to whatever time slot are together or not. it's also a lot easier (and more pleasant for everyone else) if one person from the group gets the passes. I personally believe this to be the case whatever size the group is. The only thing that is irritating about it is if you are in the regular line and 35 people turn up at once to use their passes because it messes up the estimated wait times.
I don't think fastpass is a particularly hard concept to get your head around. Admittedly it doesn't help that most of the other parks charge for the service.
I also vaguely remember Stacy talking about it for ages and explaining it in the most simplified way possible on the in-room video in the resorts.

LoriMistress

I love FP!!! I remember "old days" of not having FP, and waiting 2-3 hours for a ride! (Back in the late 80's and 90's at DLR during high peak season). I use FP to my full advantage. I've seen some people give us dirty looks, but no one has not once made any comments towards us for using it. I've seen tons of people who don't know how to use FP, and I feel a bit sad for them.

barnebd5

Original Poster
love watching the 'clueless guests" at work

:shrug: I don't understand this part of your post though. What if some of these guests are new, or first timers? So because they're not seasoned professionals like you, you enjoy seeing them confused by the system that's in place?

Maybe I should've worded it differently, pretty sure I was trying to refer to the guests that think they know it all but you know they're clueless. Does that make sense? :ROFLOL:

It's not like I'm saying I wouldn't explain things to them or help them out. I don't know maybe I'm just a sick weirdo because I get a chuckle out of that.:ROFLOL:

Rob562

I don't understand the objections to large groups using fastpass. Why shouldn't they be allowed to use it. It makes no difference if the 30 people allocated to whatever time slot are together or not. it's also a lot easier (and more pleasant for everyone else) if one person from the group gets the passes. I personally believe this to be the case whatever size the group is. The only thing that is irritating about it is if you are in the regular line and 35 people turn up at once to use their passes because it messes up the estimated wait times.
I don't think fastpass is a particularly hard concept to get your head around. Admittedly it doesn't help that most of the other parks charge for the service.
I also vaguely remember Stacy talking about it for ages and explaining it in the most simplified way possible on the in-room video in the resorts.

There are two bits of ettiquitte that I believe that these large groups should follow when they get FPs en-masse:

-If sending a single person to get the FPs, that person should at least have the courtesy to warn the person/people behind them for that FP machine that they'll be there for a minute or two getting passes. That would give those behind them the option to go and get in line for another machine.
Along these lines, if at all possible, at some FP locations, the machines are arranged where some are a little more "out of the way" than others, to use those out of the way ones. (Soarin's curved line of machines springs to mind where the ones near the front are always busy and the ones near the back are ignored)

-The other point I know is a peeve of CMs working FP return... If you have a large group, sometimes the timeframe will advance forward while you're feeding the tickets into the machines (heck, it happens when there's only 2 or 3 people in your group). So the time on your first ticket could be 5, 10 even 15 minutes different than your last ticket. Make sure you return to the attraction after the LASTEST FP time you were issued.
-And going along those lines, when you're returning, hand out the FP tickets before you get to the attraction so everyone has their own pass. Nothing will tick off the FP Return CM more than a Guest trying to shove a stack of approximately 50 FPs at them for a group that may or may not contain the same number of people...

-Rob

ihatefastpass

we can all guess my opinion of FP.. its dumb.. a 100 minute wait would be a 40 min wait if there were no fastpass.. i never saw a 200 minute wait until this dumb invention happend.. disney has lost alot over the years.. kinda makes me sad..

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
we can all guess my opinion of FP.. its dumb.. a 100 minute wait would be a 40 min wait if there were no fastpass.. i never saw a 200 minute wait until this dumb invention happend.. disney has lost alot over the years.. kinda makes me sad..
I disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion.

If one assumes that people who get FPs would have gotten into line anyway and there were no lulls in ride loading, then all the people passing you in the FP line would just have been in front of you in the line already. The only difference FP makes is that more people wait elsewhere instead of in line in front of you.

In theory, some of the people who might otherwise not ride at all because the line was too long to wait in wouldn't be in front of you, but that slight reduction in your overall wait time without FPs on the ride actually proves that the FP system works. I allows people who can't or won't wait in a ridiculously long line to ride rides they otherwise would forego. And Disney gets the added benefit of those people spending more time being exposed to the multiple marketing schemes throughout the parks that are designed to coerce more money out of their wallets.

You may have never seen 200 minute waits before FPs, but perhaps that's just a case of there are generally more people in the parks now. Disney, thankfully is unlikely to listen to your opinion, they actually have concrete statistical analysis upon which to make their decisions rather than nostalgic, anecdotal ramblings.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

I know it is your opinion but what do you base it on? Has the introduction of Fastpasses reduced the guest cycle rate? Or does the fast pass Q create a massive magnetic field that makes attractions operate at a slower speed?

Another invention that seems to be dumb is capital letters.

Figment632

Stop your whining and to get a FP, then you won't have wait in that 200 minute line.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Since the introduction of FastPass, I've been going on more attractions per trip on average than before it was introduced. If I can pull it off, so can anyone else.
They only have themselves to blame.

Figment632

Since the introduction of FastPass, I've been going on more attractions per trip on average than before it was introduced. If I can pull it off, so can anyone else.
They only have themselves to blame.

Exactly if you are to dumb to use the FP system correctly please stop coming to WDW!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom