People who STILL don't know how to use Fastpass....

Mansion Butler

First of all, I still don't condone giving dirty looks or rude comments to people in the FP line from people in the SB line but another scenario which hasn't been mentioned is that maybe they DO in fact know how to use FP they just weren't able to get one.
That is still because of their own choices, though. I'm not sure how that excuses anything.

On my last trip we park hopped so often hit some parks in the afternoon and found a few rides (TSMM, PP, Splash, EE, ToT, RnR, Soarin, TT and probably others) ran out of Fastpasses by the time we got there.

So maybe the dirty looks aren't from people who have no idea how to use it but were upset that by noon they were all gone and they weren't able to get any.
Okay, but that's their choice. You have to know that every minute you don't have a FP is another minute closer to not getting the FP you want.

If a guest wants a FP to Peter Pan, and doesn't show up until 3:30 and the machine is spitting out 9:55-10:55, that's his choice. By choosing not to go to Peter Pan until then, he chose not to make FP there a priority. That's fine, but it's no one's fault but his own. Getting mad at someone about it just shows he doesn't actually know how FP works and isn't willing to find out.

I'm leaning towards giving people the benefit of the doubt. I never noticed one dirty look in all the FP's I used on my last trip so I never experienced what other people have but I know I had to wait in some lines I wish I had FP's for but wasn't able to so while I may have looked tired, I hope no one thought I was giving them dirty looks.
I see them constantly, but never directed at me because I'm not paying attention. I've seen them all while working in a FP location.

panther726

Whatever happened to that proposed multi-tiered fastpass system? Wasn't there a big plan for that to be implemented?

Not trying to stir up a major storm or anything...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Whatever happened to that proposed multi-tiered fastpass system? Wasn't there a big plan for that to be implemented?

Not trying to stir up a major storm or anything...
I think they patented it... Doesn't mean they'll ever use it.

I_heart_Tigger

That is still because of their own choices, though. I'm not sure how that excuses anything.

which is why I mentioned that I don't condone dirty looks and that maybe people are just tired, not even giving dirty looks. I also brought up the scenario of not being able to get FP's because it was not mentioned. True, I may have chosen to visit Epcot in the morning and the studios in the afternoon and couldn't get FP's for ToT but that doesn't mean I don't know how FP works...I know exactly how it works, I just wasn't able to utilize it. All I'm saying is that people in Standby don't all fall into the "doesn't know how FP works" catagory

Okay, but that's their choice. You have to know that every minute you don't have a FP is another minute closer to not getting the FP you want.

If a guest wants a FP to Peter Pan, and doesn't show up until 3:30 and the machine is spitting out 9:55-10:55, that's his choice. By choosing not to go to Peter Pan until then, he chose not to make FP there a priority. That's fine, but it's no one's fault but his own. Getting mad at someone about it just shows he doesn't actually know how FP works and isn't willing to find out.

Once again, I'm not talking about getting mad aty anyone, I'm pointing out that I know exactly how FP is used. I used it numerous times on my last trip but I didn't get one for PP because they were gone...not for a later time, gone. I prioritized rides and didn't get one for PP so I stood in standby at the end of the day. I'm not getting mad at anyone. I may be tired and wish I had a FP and disappointed that there were none available but I'm not mad and I wonder if me being tired in line makes people think I am giving them a dirty look when I am absolutely not. I don't claim they are smug, superior or paranoid so all I am saying is not to mistake a look of tired, bored or just patiently waiting as one of anger

I see them constantly, but never directed at me because I'm not paying attention. I've seen them all while working in a FP location.

Like I said, I haven't experienced the dirty looks but working in a FP location obviously you would see more than I would when I'm there as a guest.

I only posted to say that I prefer giving people the benefit of the doubt and that one persons dirty look may be another persons look of just waiting in line and that every person in a Standby line isn't one who has no clue on how to use FP.

Mansion Butler

All I'm saying is that people in Standby don't all fall into the "doesn't know how FP works" catagory
Well, yeah. I think everyone could agree with that. I don't think that was the OP's opinion, but if it was, I'll take that one to task.

In particular because I'll readily stand in the Everest line. :)

I_heart_Tigger

Well, yeah. I think everyone could agree with that. I don't think that was the OP's opinion, but if it was, I'll take that one to task.

In particular because I'll readily stand in the Everest line. :)

I hear ya, I was actually given a FP to Everest on my last visit and got to walk right on but was trying to look at all the great stuff in line on the way through. I was almost disappointed to have to rush.

I stood in line later and got my EE queue fix anyway...too funny that there's actually some line ups we love

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Part of the trip is flourishing your fastpass as you speed buy those poor unfortunate wretches in the stand by line, shouting "look at these baby, free and plentyful if your here early enough". If you snooze you looze, or something like that.

Lucky

I dunno. I've definitely heard that stuff constantly. And not kidding. There are pretty constantly guests who get angry at FP holders and hurl verbal assaults at them as they walk by.
I guess I'm just oblivious. But I'll walk past them even faster so I don't hear it.

DisneyLeo18

I have been using FP for years and i still cant figure out the time between them thing. I originally thought it was you had to wait an hour before getting another one. This doesn't really effect me too much since the time is on the bottom in big numbers when you can get a new one.

Rob562

I have been using FP for years and i still cant figure out the time between them thing. I originally thought it was you had to wait an hour before getting another one. This doesn't really effect me too much since the time is on the bottom in big numbers when you can get a new one.

The calculation on when you can get a new FastPass (at least most of the time), is either a) when your current FP window starts, or b) two hours after you physically got your current FP, whichever of those happens first.

They used to advertise those two points, but then they found it simpler to just say "look at the bottom of your current FP to find out when you're eligible to get another". The time printed then follows the above rules.

-Rob

sublimesting

We went to WDW a few years ago and had no clue FP even existed or what it was....we figured it out instantly. I love FP!!! Love love love it!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The calculation on when you can get a new FastPass (at least most of the time), is either a) when your current FP window starts, or b) two hours after you physically got your current FP, whichever of those happens first.

They used to advertise those two points, but then they found it simpler to just say "look at the bottom of your current FP to find out when you're eligible to get another". The time printed then follows the above rules.

-Rob
There are exceptions... In August, the AK central distribution point was issuing FPs that allowed new ones when the current was valid or one hour after getting it, whichever came first.

Promotional FPs that are issued with the FP you are getting [when you get an 'extra' FP for a different ride in the same park] are not tied to the system, so you could technically get another at the ride right away [I think], though usually it's for a ride that is pretty much walk-on anyway. :shrug:

Texas84

FastPass haters are the same people who ignore the boarding by section in airports. Southwest don't play that. They enforce the rules and boarding is smooth. Disney just needs to enforce the rules.

But I think the reason non-FPers give dirty looks is because people like me in the FP line stick out our tongues at them and call them losers. :shrug: j/k :D

Mansion Butler

I guess I'm just oblivious. But I'll walk past them even faster so I don't hear it.
No, like I said, I've only noticed it like once when I've actually been the one in line. It's not that you're an oblivious person, it's that you're paying attention to moving through line while using the privilage that you technically paid for just like the people glaring at you that you don't see.

sublimesting

FastPass haters are the same people who ignore the boarding by section in airports. Southwest don't play that. They enforce the rules and boarding is smooth. Disney just needs to enforce the rules.

But I think the reason non-FPers give dirty looks is because people like me in the FP line stick out our tongues at them and call them losers. :shrug: j/k :D

Yeah I probably shouldn't sing my "Disney loves me more" song while strutting through the FP line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom