People who comment on WDW - but don't have a clue!

echoscot

"When are they going to put something good in that Big Ball?"

Oh wait, that's actually a very good question... When are they going to put something good in that Big Ball?

Don't let merf hear you say that...LOL

Actually, it's never been my favorite attraction, but I have found things in it that I like every time they have changed it.

echoscot

Before you write the rubbish you just have please read my post where it says i LOVE THE PLACE AND I HAVE ALSO BEEN TO DL AND DLPR.:hammer:

First what I wrote was not rubbish, I assumed you had a sense of humor second what you ACTUALLY wrote:

dave said:
p.s., i love the place, Disney Land and DLPR the only ones i have been to, to date.

I await your witty and not so witty relies

(Bolding is mine)

Which led me to believe you had "only been to" DLR and DLPR.

I was trying to be encouraging and didn't realize you would take offense, my apologies.

Craig & Lisa

My FIL had a hard time with our annual visits, since going with us once he has gone at least twice by himself, then my BIL and his family. This is truely a story. He is in the Air Force, has been to Iraq, and has been married at that time for 13 years, they had never taken a vaca. Did I forget to mention that they have a daughter and son 12 and 10. His wife had a hard time with our many trips, but came down in Nov. of 06. 2 weeks after the trip she without prompting said she wants to go again, I also forgot to mention that we arranged for him to do the veteran for a day flag retreat in MK which was a real treat for the whole family. We have a trip planned for March, a grand gathering too. But we have a problem, since May of this year the military Dr's have really screwed up my SIL's knee, she just had major surgery on it 2 days ago, muscle flap, reconstructive work, drains, and bacterieal (sp?) infections. And still she says one way or another she will be there. It will be tough but I know Disney can accomidate her. The thing is the day she arrived she understood why. And they even have a story that makes you think, they had taken a day alone without the kids and just went to DTD, while on their way back it was disscovered that he was in the military and was in Iraq, the whole bus went quiet and everyone was asking questions and listening. When they stopped at other bus stps where people got off, many people had said thankyou and shook his hand and wished him luck, even the bus driver too when they got off at their stop. WDW does something to everyone. PS: sorry for being long winded.

Philo

It seems she has been to the Paris park and hated it! I couldn't make her see that you couldn't compare the Paris park to the Florida park!

I got to say that if she hated DL Paris there is a good chance she will hate WDW. I know WDW has more to offer in almost every department but if you didn't enjoy DLP (especially the wonderful MK) then you don't really stand a chance. The idea of having to get busses to the resorts, make dinner reservations every night, dealing with the heat etc just might push them over the edge

DISMOM

To the original poster: You're 4 year old son would be much more deprived if you didn't take him to Disney again..and again..and again. Kids need to realize that there are a lot more culturely stimulating things to do in life than just to stay in their hometown. Maybe some adults need to realize this also and get out and see the real world. Besides, there are worse hobbies to have than being a Disney Enthusiast.

Montyboy

To the original poster: Your 4 year old son would be much more deprived if you didn't take him to Disney again..and again..and again. Kids need to realize that there are a lot more culturely stimulating things to do in life than just to stay in their hometown. Maybe some adults need to realize this also and get out and see the real world. Besides, there are worse hobbies to have than being a Disney Enthusiast.

Are you equating Disney to the real world? Isn't that the point of so called "non-believers"? I'm sure detractors don't care if you go to Disney. They are just don't understand the exclusion of other destinations.

I agree that you have to get your kids out there. Imagine their first day college or work, and all they're armed with is what they know form TV or what their friends have told them.

echoscot

My FIL had a hard time with our annual visits, since going with us once he has gone at least twice by himself, then my BIL and his family. This is truely a story. He is in the Air Force, has been to Iraq, and has been married at that time for 13 years, they had never taken a vaca. Did I forget to mention that they have a daughter and son 12 and 10. His wife had a hard time with our many trips, but came down in Nov. of 06. 2 weeks after the trip she without prompting said she wants to go again, I also forgot to mention that we arranged for him to do the veteran for a day flag retreat in MK which was a real treat for the whole family. We have a trip planned for March, a grand gathering too. But we have a problem, since May of this year the military Dr's have really screwed up my SIL's knee, she just had major surgery on it 2 days ago, muscle flap, reconstructive work, drains, and bacterieal (sp?) infections. And still she says one way or another she will be there. It will be tough but I know Disney can accomidate her. The thing is the day she arrived she understood why. And they even have a story that makes you think, they had taken a day alone without the kids and just went to DTD, while on their way back it was disscovered that he was in the military and was in Iraq, the whole bus went quiet and everyone was asking questions and listening. When they stopped at other bus stps where people got off, many people had said thankyou and shook his hand and wished him luck, even the bus driver too when they got off at their stop. WDW does something to everyone. PS: sorry for being long winded.

Wow, that was a wonderful moment. Thank you for sharing it with us. That he got to do the flag retreat probably won him over in an instant. One thing is for sure, Disney knows how to make people feel special. I think that is why people keep going back.

echoscot

Just because a person is a fan, doesn't make that a religion. Some people confuse the two.

Very true, but we have some people even on this forum who take it to the level of a religion with various translations/interpretations of their canon and all. This even gets frustrating for WDI and Disney management because the "religious fans" feel they know the business better than the Disney people do.
(I hope that makes sense).

sandicinderelli

Very true, but we have some people even on this forum who take it to the level of a religion with various translations/interpretations of their canon and all. This even gets frustrating for WDI and Disney management because the "religious fans" feel they know the business better than the Disney people do.
(I hope that makes sense).

That makes perfect sense. And it's so true! I was very excited yet humbled when I first stepped into MK. One of the thoughts running through my head was how awesome WDI and management were in creating this wonderful place over the years. Super props to them.

I can't imagine myself thinking that I know more that WDI and management does. Maybe I should bake some humble pie...:lookaroun

joanna71985

Our son is a cast member and, lets just say, he's very good friends with Aladdin, Tigger and Tweedle De/Dum.

Ooo, maybe I know him. I am in the same department.

I "blame" my parents for getting me hooked on Disney.:D I love Disney. There is something there for people of all ages. Now the feeling is even stronger now that I work here.

echoscot

Ooo, maybe I know him. I am in the same department.

I "blame" my parents for getting me hooked on Disney.:D I love Disney. There is something there for people of all ages. Now the feeling is even stronger now that I work here.

I used to be very good friends with Pluto, the Tweedles, Mrs. Potts and Max the Dog...among others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom