People who comment on WDW - but don't have a clue!

Erika

My FIL went to WDW one time in 1981 and to this day tells people how bad it is compared to DL.

He is certainly entitled to his opinion, but the place has changed quite a bit since then...

thecompman

My g/f and I go down every year. And we get the same thing from our parents..."you're going again, don't you get bored seeing the same things". So I say to them "don't you go to the same museums, stores, malls, etc. more than once a year?" "You don't get bored doing those things do you?"

dave

you must respect peoples opinions firstly and secondly their questions why you visit so much. The people you are talking about in the main have never been there so i guess you may ask why should they do so. The answer to that question is tell them to join the site, there is a million and one reasons not to visit if they read the threads/posts here about how bad the WDW is,ok there are still a lot that love it.

I have the same problem with a lot of people who ask me why i go so often,it is hard to explain i agree.

Just a thought, not many of the big boys posting on this one is there, wonder why?,no doubt i will get some witty answers now,they will not be answered.

I can also understand the people who have visited in high season for the first time and had to wait for 2/3 hours in the heat to catch a ride.I remember my son's first visit he was 3.5 years old,every photo taken of him he had a sad face,did he enjoy it,the simple answer is no.He has been back several times since and loves it.

So getting to my point of view,it's not everyones cup of tea,some people would rather go to the country side and walk for two weeks,go to Spain and get drunk every night, go to Blackpool and spend all there money on the rides there and get a cold from the weather,it does not matter,if they enjoy themselves,who are we to say they don't know what they are talking about because they say they would not visit.

As i have said earlier,reading a great deal of the posts here you wonder why anyone would visit WDW.

p.s., i love the place, Disney Land and DLPR the only ones i have been to, to date.

I await your witty and not so witty relies

WickedQueen22

I find it to be funny/ annoying when people question my need to go to WDW. There is a huge dichotomy on this subject. There are those individuals who understand and those who never will. I've given up trying to defend my obsession, because it is something that doesnt require defending. I happen to enjoy going to a place that truly makes me happy, a place where I can forget about normal everyday thrings and engulf myself in a world of makebelieve- even if just for a short while. So forget all those non believers of the magic because i know why I love WDW and i could care less if they dont.

Enough Said!

JM

Since we have the same initials I guess its only natural I COMPLETELY agree with you and could not have said it better myself!!!

echoscot

you must respect peoples opinions firstly and secondly their questions why you visit so much. The people you are talking about in the main have never been there so i guess you may ask why should they do so. The answer to that question is tell them to join the site, there is a million and one reasons not to visit if they read the threads/posts here about how bad the WDW is,ok there are still a lot that love it.

I have the same problem with a lot of people who ask me why i go so often,it is hard to explain i agree.

Just a thought, not many of the big boys posting on this one is there, wonder why?,no doubt i will get some witty answers now,they will not be answered.

I can also understand the people who have visited in high season for the first time and had to wait for 2/3 hours in the heat to catch a ride.I remember my son's first visit he was 3.5 years old,every photo taken of him he had a sad face,did he enjoy it,the simple answer is no.He has been back several times since and loves it.

So getting to my point of view,it's not everyones cup of tea,some people would rather go to the country side and walk for two weeks,go to Spain and get drunk every night, go to Blackpool and spend all there money on the rides there and get a cold from the weather,it does not matter,if they enjoy themselves,who are we to say they don't know what they are talking about because they say they would not visit.

As i have said earlier,reading a great deal of the posts here you wonder why anyone would visit WDW.

p.s., i love the place, Disney Land and DLPR the only ones i have been to, to date.

I await your witty and not so witty relies

YOU ARE ON A WDW SITE AND HAVE NEVER BEEN TO WDW?????? WHAT BLASPHEMY IS THIS???????

JK, if you get to Orlando do as the Orlandoans and buy bug repellent.

Sorry wrong idea,

WDW is just so huge and immersive you will be lost on your first trip. If you love DL and DLPR, then you will be head over heels for WDW.

sooooooooooo......

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???? GET ON THAT PLANE AND JUMP THE POND AND GET OVER HERE!!!!!:hammer:

dave

YOU ARE ON A WDW SITE AND HAVE NEVER BEEN TO WDW?????? WHAT BLASPHEMY IS THIS???????

JK, if you get to Orlando do as the Orlandoans and buy bug repellent.

Sorry wrong idea,

WDW is just so huge and immersive you will be lost on your first trip. If you love DL and DLPR, then you will be head over heels for WDW.

sooooooooooo......

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???? GET ON THAT PLANE AND JUMP THE POND AND GET OVER HERE!!!!!:hammer:

Before you write the rubbish you just have please read my post where it says i LOVE THE PLACE AND I HAVE ALSO BEEN TO DL AND DLPR.:hammer:

tractorm3

lol i just got back from my 13th visit in my 20 years of life and ill tell ya i cant wait to go back again. i had the privlage to go with my entire fam 18 in total and i remember when my lil cousin justin went when he was 3 and then again when he was 5. he was bouncing up and down on the magical express with enjoyment that he had come back. some people just dont have the magic in them AT ALL

Laura

Premium Member
I'm sure there's a thread out there on this topic but I just had to post it b/c I think it will make you chuckle... (and this was my husband's idea to post, not mine!)

My mother-in-law (God bless her heart) was asking me questions about Christmas (her favorite topic to complain about) and wanted to know what I had for my husband (her son) for Christmas. Now mind you, she's already asked that question more times than I can count. The reason she asks it over and over is b/c she doesn't like my answer. My reply, "Well, we don't have that much for each other this year b/c we're going to WDW and that's our Christmas present to each other." My mother-in-law is under the belief that there needs to be wrapped presents under the tree or "her son" is deprived! This particular time that the discussion came up she tried really hard to find a reason why we shouldn't go to WDW. "So, you really are going again are you?" she asks. "Won't Aidan (our 4 yr. old son) find it boring?" My response, "Huh... boring!?!" She continues "Well, he's already seen it all and won't he find it boring the second time around?"
Well, what do you say to that!?!:brick: There's not much to say to that! I wanted to be sarcastic and say that we'll bring some coloring books for him and maybe, just maybe he'll survive the Disney vacation. Poor child, his parents dragging him to WDW for the second time - what's the world coming to!?!:hammer:

My daughter is 4 and just took her EIGHTH full-length Disney vacation. She still can't ever wait to go again. I don't think my kids will ever be bored of the place.

Ilovewishes

Where I work ( a firm of solicitors), everyone finds it really funny that i love WDW so much. One of the solicitors has 2 DDs who are around 10, and she actually asked me why I would go there if I didn't have to!

It seems she has been to the Paris park and hated it! I couldn't make her see that you couldn't compare the Paris park to the Florida park!

Unfortunately, WDW is one of those things that you have to see to believe. I don't know anyone who wasn't converted after just a short time in the parks. When i took my DH for his first trip (and my 3rd) he was convinced he was going to hate it, that it was cheesy and there was no way he would ever want to go again.

We've been 3 times since, twice this year, which from Britain is quite alot! And we've already booked to go back next year! In fact, he's even been looking into DVC!:lol:

Champion

you must respect peoples opinions firstly and secondly their questions why you visit so much. The people you are talking about in the main have never been there so i guess you may ask why should they do so.

Someones opinion on something they have not experienced is not valid, and therefore is pointless to 'respect'.

Thats like me saying 'Being on the space shuttle is not exciting, why would you ever do that?!?'

montyz81

I'm sure there's a thread out there on this topic but I just had to post it b/c I think it will make you chuckle... (and this was my husband's idea to post, not mine!)

My mother-in-law (God bless her heart) was asking me questions about Christmas (her favorite topic to complain about) and wanted to know what I had for my husband (her son) for Christmas. Now mind you, she's already asked that question more times than I can count. The reason she asks it over and over is b/c she doesn't like my answer. My reply, "Well, we don't have that much for each other this year b/c we're going to WDW and that's our Christmas present to each other." My mother-in-law is under the belief that there needs to be wrapped presents under the tree or "her son" is deprived! This particular time that the discussion came up she tried really hard to find a reason why we shouldn't go to WDW. "So, you really are going again are you?" she asks. "Won't Aidan (our 4 yr. old son) find it boring?" My response, "Huh... boring!?!" She continues "Well, he's already seen it all and won't he find it boring the second time around?"
Well, what do you say to that!?!:brick: There's not much to say to that! I wanted to be sarcastic and say that we'll bring some coloring books for him and maybe, just maybe he'll survive the Disney vacation. Poor child, his parents dragging him to WDW for the second time - what's the world coming to!?!:hammer:

OMG, the same situation exists in our house. My wife and I are not giving each other anything cause we are going to Disneywolrd in may for my sons 6th birthday. Nobody gets it though!

NewfieFan

Original Poster
OMG, the same situation exists in our house. My wife and I are not giving each other anything cause we are going to Disneywolrd in may for my sons 6th birthday. Nobody gets it though!

Well, a very Merry Christmas to you - I hope you have a great trip!!!:xmas:

wdwsog

man it is great to see everyone agreeing on going to WDW! it is an obsession! My son is six and been there 5 times. We are taking a few years off now cause the wife is getting bored but the last time we were there she got excited about the vacation club. So next time we go in 2010 we just might be in a villa! I think I can wait that long for that...but some people, especially my parents just don't get it

Pocamahontas

I have a twin sister who is exactly the same way.
Worse part, we're both CMs.
I just happen to realize I have the best boss on the planet, and she thinks of it as just another job.
(Poor her, I know)
But whenever she asks us (my boyfriend and I ) why we're so "obsessed" I get this big grin, and even though I know she doesn't get it, I still can't help but try to show her.
::sigh:: Maybe one day? He gets it, and that's sure enough for me.:rolleyes:

living dead!

i'm almost 21 years old and i've been going to disney throughout my life. i do not get bored of it at all. most of my friends make fun of me for liking disney way too much, which is all good, because they really do not understand. i got two friends who also love WDW, so when i want to talk WDW, i can turn to them and not get the eyes or made fun of.

i also dislike people who have never been and seem to like to make fun of people who go. when you ask them what their problem is and why they don't like WDW or want to go, their reactions are like " BECAUSE ITS FOR KIDS" or " I AM TOO OLD FOR IT" but i just sit back and think " man, they do not know what they are missing, oh well more for me!"

lilclerk

The boy and I are giving each other our March trip for Christmas =) I can't wait!
My family (so far) is supportive of my Disney Addiction (DA) but who knows if that will change. This is only my fourth trip to the World, and I've been to DL once, and my parents have an RV and go to the same place all the time.. my sisters go to either Hawaii or New Hampshire every vacation. My co-workers really can't say anything, since most of them take the exact same cruise every year. :shrug:

echoscot

When I still was a CM my roommate and I would often go to the parks for a bit or rush to do Cast Previews. His girlfriend "didn't get it" she was a CM too and would say "Gawd we work there why do you want to go back?" We'd both stop and look at her funny, then he would say "Okay you can stay home, we're gonna go have fun."

JimboJones123

"When are they going to put something good in that Big Ball?"

Oh wait, that's actually a very good question... When are they going to put something good in that Big Ball?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom