People Seem Jaded About Disney World in General

Enchantâmes

As I have said probably over 100 times now on this site, I quit paying to go to WDW I go to DLR now. Unless things seriously change down south I am not going back.

And WDW hasn't been a "Destination" for about 12 years get over it.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
As I have said probably over 100 times now on this site, I quit paying to go to WDW I go to DLR now. Unless things seriously change down south I am not going back.

And WDW hasn't been a "Destination" for about 12 years get over it.
That is purely opinion. You need to get over it.

real mad hatter

Disneyland was running into the ground in all the wrong ways until about 2003. By 2005 it had hit its "renaissance" in quality.
There you go.Never knew that.When I said we'll never forget that trip for all the wrong reasons,it wasn't a swipe at Disneyland.We were there for our anniversary which just happens to be September 11th.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There you go.Never knew that.When I said we'll never forget that trip for all the wrong reasons,it wasn't a swipe at Disneyland.We were there for our anniversary which just happens to be September 11th.
Yeah.... It's known as the Pressler Harriss era. Basically they ran the resort into the ground for profit. Things were literally falling apart. Mid to late 90s to early 2000s. Some would say WDW is heading the same direction in certain areas. IMHO I don't think it's nearly as bad yet but it could start to become a possibility if they aren't careful. Should you feel like it I googled this bit of light reading:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/57045-what-did-paul-pressler-do-disneyland.html

jonesenon4

:confused: I don't have a problem with people complaining it's human nature so i ignore most of it. My problem is with what i assume are locals who go to the parks several times a month. It was get rid of the wand first,now its get rid of the hat at the studios or the yeti effect is not working. A lot of first timers come here to git ideas for their trip and to get excited.But after reading some of the Debbie Downer posts it could put a damper on their excitement. They are not going to know the yeti is supposed to move, so if it does or not it's not going to affect them.If i were a first timer and i believed some of these posts, they make disney sound no better than a county fair. In short some things need to be discussed and somethings need to be left alone. But for most of us disney is not perfect but we love it and will continue to go.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
:confused: I don't have a problem with people complaining it's human nature so i ignore most of it. My problem is with what i assume are locals who go to the parks several times a month. It was get rid of the wand first,now its get rid of the hat at the studios or the yeti effect is not working. A lot of first timers come here to git ideas for their trip and to get excited.But after reading some of the Debbie Downer posts it could put a damper on their excitement. They are not going to know the yeti is supposed to move, so if it does or not it's not going to affect them.If i were a first timer and i believed some of these posts, they make disney sound no better than a county fair. In short some things need to be discussed and somethings need to be left alone. But for most of us disney is not perfect but we love it and will continue to go.

I'm not a doom and gloomer at all, but I can't agree with this either. There are numerous places online both under direct Disney control and unofficial fan sites that are mostly pure positive sentiments. One of the best things about this place is people are free to express their opinions (positive and negative) without being banned or shut down. I enjoy hearing opinions on both sides even when I don't agree with them. I would not be happy if this place turned into one of the other Disney online sites where nobody ever gets critical.

Animaniac93-98

They are not going to know the yeti is supposed to move, so if it does or not it's not going to affect them.

So caving in to public ignorance is the best option? If people are paying top dollar to visit a destination, they deserve to know what they are (or are not) getting.

If the facts about WDW bother them, they are free to choose if they want to go somewhere else. It's not like WDW is the only theme park resort (Disney or otherwise) in the world.

StageFrenzy

I'm not a doom and gloomer at all, but I can't agree with this either. There are numerous places online both under direct Disney control and unofficial fan sites that are mostly pure positive sentiments. One of the best things about this place is people are free to express their opinions (positive and negative) without being banned or shut down. I enjoy hearing opinions on both sides even when I don't agree with them. I would not be happy if this place turned into one of the other Disney online sites where nobody ever gets critical.

Yeah, Steve and Mom moderate very well. I appreciate the light hand when it comes to some of the stuff.

twinnstar

I feel like Disney is a part of my family, haha. When some "outsider" something negative about it, i turn into Disney Fanboy #1, defending to my death! Dont you insult my family, you jerk! :p

But then when someone within the "family" criticizes Disney - I know whats deep down in their heart, so we are able to have a real chat and say some nasty things if they need to be said. Cause at the end of the day, we all love Disney, otherwise we wouldnt be here!

awoogala

Yup. I just renewed my Six Flags 2013 season pass for $49.99.

At WDW, that would get me any one of the following:
- 1/2 day at a theme park, if only WDW would sell half-day tickets
- 1 TS meal for 2, if I don't purchase any beverages
- Less than 1 day of the Disney Dining Plan
- Almost one full day at a water park
- 1/2 night's sleep at one of the "Value" Resorts

I'm not saying the WDW stinks; all I'm suggesting is to compare apples-to-apples.
true, but here in nj, I live 30 minutes from six flags, and go once a year on the free reading program, and hate every second of it. The food, although cheap, is inedible fast food. The rides are great, if you love roller coasters, which we are ok with, but a whole day of it is a bit much. The. Clientele is raunchy and ill-mannered, and half naked at points. The smoking alone, everywhere, kills us with the allergens. My kids can only handle a few hours, then the pounding loud dance music (speakers everywhere) makes me want to stab someone. It is sensory overload. Ask Me again when my kids are teens and may love coasters all day, and things may be different..but I avoid it if given the chance, and happily pay more for the ambiance of disney. ;-)

IAmFloridaBorn

true, but here in nj, I live 30 minutes from six flags, and go once a year on the free reading program, and hate every second of it. The food, although cheap, is inedible fast food. The rides are great, if you love roller coasters, which we are ok with, but a whole day of it is a bit much. The. Clientele is raunchy and ill-mannered, and half naked at points. The smoking alone, everywhere, kills us with the allergens. My kids can only handle a few hours, then the pounding loud dance music (speakers everywhere) makes me want to stab someone. It is sensory overload. Ask Me again when my kids are teens and may love coasters all day, and things may be different..but I avoid it if given the chance, and happily pay more for the ambiance of disney. ;-)

You know, I've never been to a six flags theme park. I can honestly say I have no interest in going. Watching youtube videos, and hearing testimonies from friends and family, It's not a place I want to visit. Living in Orlando and growing up with WDW and Universal Resort, and Sea World, has set in my mind a higher quality and expectations for a theme park. If I wanted to go to a thrill park I don't think I'd enjoy it as much. As you said, can't do just roller coasters all day! I LOVE ROLLER COASTERS, but there is (and should be ) so much more to theme parks than roller coasters and mediocre theming. I enjoy the fact Disney and Universal does this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom