People Seem Jaded About Disney World in General

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm sorry, but how does my saying that everyone's opinion has value and that different people notice different things lessen the worth of your criticism? Sincerely, I'm not trying to do so,,,,,,Please notice that I also said that it doesn't mean YOU'RE wrong,,,,,,,I'm not sure there's a right OR a wrong here,,,,,

I see you are relatively new here. Welcome,,,,,enjoy the chaos. I'm not sure about the comma thing,,,,,I think I might like it;) I kinda agree with you to an extent. I don't notice some of the things people around here harp on, but there are other issues which you cannot miss and are probably just choosing to ignore (which is fine too). People around here tend to be passionate about WDW, why else would you spend time on this site. I think to sum up the feelings of a lot of us, if everyone sticks their heads in the sand and ignores issues then nothing will ever get better. Realistically, I don't think griping on an online forum will result in sweeping change, but I am pretty sure someone who works at Disney is at least monitoring these and other online forums so who knows. The recent events with the Starbucks on Main St are evidence that people are listening. Even if it doesn't help its nice to have a place to share opinions with others who are concerned about the same issues.

There are a few people around these parts who like to attack people who are critical of Disney so part of the reaction to your comments is probably defensiveness. I generally lean towards the Pixie Dust Snorter party around here and I have taken heat from people for being a company apologist. Most people around here tend to be OK with an opposing opinion as long as you throw in some facts to support it. Unfortunately, some people are just rude,,,,,for those people,,,,I use the ignore button.

CommyHolly

I see you are relatively new here. Welcome,,,,,enjoy the chaos. I'm not sure about the comma thing,,,,,I think I might like it;) I kinda agree with you to an extent. I don't notice some of the things people around here harp on, but there are other issues which you cannot miss and are probably just choosing to ignore (which is fine too). People around here tend to be passionate about WDW, why else would you spend time on this site. I think to sum up the feelings of a lot of us, if everyone sticks their heads in the sand and ignores issues then nothing will ever get better. Realistically, I don't think griping on an online forum will result in sweeping change, but I am pretty sure someone who works at Disney is at least monitoring these and other online forums so who knows. The recent events with the Starbucks on Main St are evidence that people are listening. Even if it doesn't help its nice to have a place to share opinions with others who are concerned about the same issues.

There are a few people around these parts who like to attack people who are critical of Disney so part of the reaction to your comments is probably defensiveness. I generally lean towards the Pixie Dust Snorter party around here and I have taken heat from people for being a company apologist. Most people around here tend to be OK with an opposing opinion as long as you throw in some facts to support it. Unfortunately, some people are just rude,,,,,for those people,,,,I use the ignore button.

thanks for the info :) I'm liking the ignore button.

The comma thing,,,,,

when I was in college, I had a professor three years running who insisted that when we wrote short stories, etc, that we continue typing no matter what,,,,,,just let the words flow,,,,he told us to hit whatever key we wanted and edit it out later,,,,,just don't stop typing,,,the idea being that if you stop to go back and fix things, it interrupts your flow of imagination,,,,,,so complete the sloppy copy before editing anything.

for some reason, my finger hit that comma button every single time,,,,and it stuck for some reason, and I've typed like this when I type fast to this day,,,,,,in a professional letter (or the like) I edit them out. In casual online convo, I just leave it.

Some people suck at spelling, grammar, run on sentences, etc,,,,,,,,commas are my vice.

What someone else thinks of them matters little to me. I do try to break up my paragraphs so it's not that difficult to read, though.

Bloopers

thanks for the info :) I'm liking the ignore button.

The comma thing,,,,,

when I was in college, I had a professor three years running who insisted that when we wrote short stories, etc, that we continue typing no matter what,,,,,,just let the words flow,,,,he told us to hit whatever key we wanted and edit it out later,,,,,just don't stop typing,,,the idea being that if you stop to go back and fix things, it interrupts your flow of imagination,,,,,,so complete the sloppy copy before editing anything.

for some reason, my finger hit that comma button every single time,,,,and it stuck for some reason, and I've typed like this when I type fast to this day,,,,,,in a professional letter (or the like) I edit them out. In casual online convo, I just leave it.

Some people suck at spelling, grammar, run on sentences, etc,,,,,,,,commas are my vice.

What someone else thinks of them matters little to me. I do try to break up my paragraphs so it's not that difficult to read, though.

That's actually an interesting concept. I was wondering about the commas also, but I've come to ignore them since yesterday. A few commas don't bother me.. it's like seeing people use '...'

luv

Te comma thing is very unique. It does set you apart from everyone else. But it is confusing and makes it harder for everyone to read your posts. Out of respect for the reader, you might consider editing them out before posting.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I have several friends that go to WDW regularly and until I mentioned it to them, they had zero clue that the Yeti ever moved and they are fine with him the way he is.
Sadly that can - and is - used as an excuse for a decline in show quality. Kind of "well, its broke but they still come through the turnstiles" mentality. Fine for a cheap park, but Disney used to be famous for the details only 1% would ever see.

Animaniac93-98

Sadly that can - and is - used as an excuse for a decline in show quality. Kind of "well, its broke but they still come through the turnstiles" mentality. Fine for a cheap park, but Disney used to be famous for the details only 1% would ever see.

That and what you pay to get into WDW is hardly "cheap".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom